IGNORED

Thai eVisa website

Oukiva

Since Monday 17 June, it's not possible anymore to get a Thai Visa from embassies or consulates from UK & France.

You must now use request it only using the Thai eVisa website.

This system was already in use for China since February, and will be extended to more countries soon...

Main consequence is that at term we will have the same rules for everyone, not as now where many embassies make their own rules.

Waiting for reports of first people to use it...

F5189546-B156-4F18-B37A-CE29A0D9D1D3.jpeg

Cardiff Consulate does not have a pretty website but it appears that tourist visas are still issued while you wait but by appointment only. Personally I would call them first to check.

So it appears that in UK only the Thai Embassy (London) stopped providing Visa, while the consulates still temporarily continue. In France there is no other way now than the eVisa website route.

Also about the new Thai eVisa system. It seems that many "multiple entry" visa are no more available this way. No "Non-O multiple entry", no METV, …  There is a long discussion about that on ThaiVisa. If confirmed, this would go in the direction Thai Immigration indicated last year: They want less "visa allowing long periods stay" but more people having to get Extensions while in Thailand.

I was hoping to get a Non Imm O-A visa...I registered for the on-line process OK and began to complete their questions.I then got to the part of scanning and uploading my passport and uploading a photgraph taken in the last 6 months....I am not computer savvy in anyway shape or form! and just about managed to scan and upload my passport onto the application...it then said that it was too big ..it states that the system will only accept the .jpg file type - size not to exceed 200kb...think mine was something like 0.5 of whatever and was too big....In a nutshell I spent the best part of Sunday afternoon trying to re-size it and was becomming more and more frustrated and had to give up...tried again this morning with the same result...There are some comments on THAI VISA about the subject and I put on there that I was clueless what to do...I received a helpful comment. Trouble is like I say  I am an utter and complete computer dunce and still don't understand about resizing pictures and the rest of the terminology....so I never got past first base...I've now deleted everything from that site which is frustrating as that I believe is the way to go...Non-Imm O-A for a couple of years and then either extend from over there or return to the UK and repeat the process. My intention now is to use a Non - O single entry which I can get from the Liverpool consulate in the next week or so and which I believe is for 90 days and then extend when over there.... however what will be the requirements of converting the single entry Non-O visa into a retirement visa ? I know there is the 800000 baht method in an account for 2 months before applying or 65000 method for 12 consecutive months....I would prefer the 65000 method but will have only been there for 90 days when applying - so how does that work? 

Ironic thing is that I would have got the O-A visa last year before this on-line nonsense started but had to delay it to make sure my dad was sorted in a nursing home ( dementia)...therein lies another story...in a nutshell try not to be in a position where you or any of your family rely on social services in the UK !  It's been a feckin nightmare sorting it out and guess what  - they want his house sold to pay for his care fees...and people ask why I'm going to Thailand! 

Any help guys will be appreciated

T. 

Archived