Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Luxury Pattaya Condo Rentals | Le Pub Soi Diamond | Pattaya Investigations | Beavers Pattaya | Pattaya News | Pattaya Bars | The Night Wish Group | Add your Text or Event here

drwb

Cost of breakfast

Crushed
On 27/08/2019 at 05:50, SLEUTH said:

Best budget breakfast on my recent trip was Cheap Charlies next to Sutus Court on Soi Bukao, can't remember price but arounf 100 baht.

Highly recommended...great bacon for a change

Horrid sausages IMO.

mmaaarrrkkk
On ‎26‎/‎08‎/‎2019 at 01:24, Kahoy said:

I think the best breakfast value is Casa Pascal, 262 for a buffet, all you can eat. They will cook you an omelette or bacon as you watch. They bake their own bread and have about 6 varieties of bread, unlimited coffee, a bain marie of cooked food with 2 soups, salad, desserts, fruit. Only the "juice" sucks.

Sorry but I disagree. It wasn't bad but I think the place , constantly given high marks here , is overrated.  I, more a meat person and prefer some Asian in buffets so I can mix it a little so although the bread at Casa Pascal is impressive , it wasn't doing anything for me.

Good ; yes I agree.

Best? no.

geezerrb

Always stayed in hotels until about 2014, most had breakfast included which as my style of mongering changed became less useful unless I arrived back at the hotel after they had starting serving.555.

Same went the need for a swimming pool and gym as well as room service, this was before I retired which has also had an influence on my choice of accommodation but no disappointment for the last 5 years. (in fact some girls react a lot better).

There is no doubt there is a "breakfast war" to some extent going on and there are a few places where it is "very good" if you pay a little more.

Taa_Saparot

The American Baht Buster ...

abb.jpg.a0e0f863cb8b2d20ecb6cf6983397c83.jpg

davidge

^^^^^^^

So, an ‘American’ breakfast is an English with pancakes instead of beans? :GoldenSmile1:

article22

I had the I Rovers American breakfast last weekend on the recommendation of this forum.

Found it pretty good, though not an expert on pancakes being from the UK :D

As other posters have said, loads of options for breakfast, I tend to have muesli at home with fruit, but go out once a week for a cooked breakfast.

Current favourites are Bake n Brew and Haven plus I Rovers now...still need to try Devonshire and Smokin Joe on Soi Lengkee.

Retox has never interested me.

Definitely go with no breakfast option unless it is free and go explore...prices range from 70 baht all the way to probably 800-900+ baht for brunch buffets at the high end hotels.

AsianMPLover

If you travel with the family, then by all means go for the included hotel breakfast. In every other scenario don't.

Personally I prefer a young lass with huge set of udders for breakfast, not scrambled eggs. But then each to his own.

Taa_Saparot

A 99 baht breakfast in Bangkok at the Robin Hood

EE81BXDWwAAF8yH?format=jpg&name=large

yozz

Many places in Pattaya do decent breakfasts really cheap.

Somchai1
2 hours ago, Taa_Saparot said:

A 99 baht breakfast in Bangkok at the Robin Hood

EE81BXDWwAAF8yH?format=jpg&name=large

Wow that’s cheap! I’d assume it would be decent quality if it compares to what I’ve seen being served there. I normally go there for an afternoon drink when I’m over. An American friend who frequents there semi-regularly says it has changed ownership recently? Maybe a new marketing ploy. 

Bertos

Great 99 baht breakfast in the Hungry Hippo on Soi Buakhao. From 8am to 1pm and free refill on tea or coffee. Great value.