IGNORED

Jontiem visa waiting time

Durks

Hi Guys

So I'm here on a non '0' visa now and would like to know if i apply for a retirement visa at Jontiem how long does it take to get my retirement multi entry visa for the immigration and do i have to wait until my Non '0' nearly runs out or is that just to get the most from my non '0'.

thanks Paul

10 minutes ago, Durks said:

Hi Guys

So I'm here on a non '0' visa now and would like to know if i apply for a retirement visa at Jontiem how long does it take to get my retirement multi entry visa for the immigration and do i have to wait until my Non '0' nearly runs out or is that just to get the most from my non '0'.

thanks Paul

You can Apply for your EXTENSION OF STAY on the basis of Retirement within 30 days of your 90-day visa expiring. It is NOT a visa. You don’t need another visa. You simply Extend your Permission of Stay based on the initial visa.

You’ll need to have had 800000 baht in a Thai bank account for at least 2 months and then keep it there for another 3 months. You’ll need other paperwork as well.

It shouldn’t take long, assuming you’ve got correct paperwork and it’s not busy.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

2 minutes ago, davidge said:

You can Apply for your EXTENSION OF STAY on the basis of Retirement within 30 days of your 90-day visa expiring. It is NOT a visa. You don’t need another visa. You simply Extend your Permission of Stay based on the initial visa.

You’ll need to have had 800000 baht in a Thai bank account for at least 2 months and then keep it there for another 3 months. You’ll need other paperwork as well.

It shouldn’t take long, assuming you’ve got correct paperwork and it’s not busy.

Thanks davidge i have all the  necessary  amounts in the bank here and understand the criteria and can get the letter from my Thai bank and take my up to date  bank book. Thanks for the information but I'm looking for the timescale it takes from doing the application. but you have been helpful so far as when i can apply.

7 minutes ago, Durks said:

Thanks davidge i have all the  necessary  amounts in the bank here and understand the criteria and can get the letter from my Thai bank and take my up to date  bank book. Thanks for the information but I'm looking for the timescale it takes from doing the application. but you have been helpful so far as when i can apply.

I thought I had answered - in my last sentence. Should have added ‘while you wait’.

4 minutes ago, davidge said:

I thought I had answered - in my last sentence. Should have added ‘while you wait’.

So the application is an instant thing and you don't come back days later to get it? Thanks

36 minutes ago, Durks said:

So the application is an instant thing and you don't come back days later to get it? Thanks

Yes technically he did not say how long you wait there but I think he meant during one office visit of maybe an hour if that. 

Don't forget the proof that you don't have elephantiasis, TB, tertiary syphilis and there's no monkey on your back.

51 minutes ago, Durks said:

Yes, if you fill the form at home before going to Jomtien, add photo and phone number on it, make copies of important passport pages and sign them, then you will probably not even stay 5 minutes in the Immigration office :wink:. Just the time to see an "assistant" checking your file and highlight in yellow everything who looks like a date :rolleyes:

No, it's not all in 5 minutes: they will give you a number and ask you to come back next day after 2pm to get your passport back.

Oops. Sorry :rolleyes:

Friend used agent, just for paperwork/legwork, and got it same day. My mistake.

I've had my retirement extension since 2007.  First few renewals if I went in the morning they told me to come back in the afternoon.  Then it became pick it up the next day, however you don't have to check in at the front of immigration just go directly to station #8.  I've also had to wait over the weekend if I started the process on a Friday.  Anytime when going to immigration check you're Thai calendar to make sure its not a holiday.

Went in for my extension at Jomtien today. Had all my paperwork ready. Only took 15 minutes in total. Pick up my passport tomorrow with the stamp (i hope).

• 3 weeks later...
On 20/06/2019 at 06:49, chris2004 said:

Went in for my extension at Jomtien today. Had all my paperwork ready. Only took 15 minutes in total. Pick up my passport tomorrow with the stamp (i hope).

Low season LOL

"When somebody shows you who they are, believe them" - Maya Angelou

Archived