IGNORED

D Hotel - never again

Goodyear7

OK so this is my first time at the hotel, and maybe I've gotten unlucky. I have two more nights to go and thinking of cutting my losses and going somewhere else just to get a decent sleep. 

Pros - large clean rooms, diligent and efficient housekeeping, fantastic pool area. 

Cons - noise! The air conditioning unit means that you effectively have to sleep with an open window when it comes to noise. If you are in a room facing back towards central Pattaya, the other side of the soi is family homes. With that comes barking dogs at all hours. Also, unfortunately there is a baby staying somewhere in the hotel and Ive been woken at least 3 or 4 times each night by its constant screeching.

Another major con is that the shower is only just about warm on full power. Same with the taps. I'm a sucker for a hot shower. 

Also, it wouldnt kill the reception staff to smile once in a while. 

The building itself is nice but as a whole package, it falls far short for me. Thankfully back to Acqua hotel in a couple of days! 

As with everything on this site YMMV 

Thanks for the review, actually I was looking into this hotel but with your negative review I might give it a pass and look elsewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Living sober,clean and staying away from loose women doesn't make a man live any longer. It just fucking feels like it.

Always good to get a different opinion; I've stayed at D Hotel twice this year alone and in previous years and never experienced any of the noise issues the OP refers to with either the aircon (which is no quieter or louder than any other I've experience in Patts) or from the few small homes opposite.

Hopefully the remainder of the OPs stay in Patts at the Acqua will be noise free.

A friend of mine is staying there now, he loves it, comes 3-4 times a year, always there. I live here so I cannot comment, just doing by what he tells me,

Really surprised on your bad experience, as I've been there once and will repeat again 

About the aircon noise, ofc you can complain hard at front desk, demanding room change

No hot water?? = demand room change

About the baby crying, well.. shit happens, but nothing to blame at Hotel 

Anyway, gl with the new hotel and enjoy rest of your trip! 

I kinda feel bad as I recommend the place to Goodyear7.

I'm staying here the same time and can confirm there was a crying baby and rooster too!

Those wall unit ductless ACs do give off some noise. Higher end hotels will probably have the AC concealed in a ceiling or wall. 

My TF date turned off the shower water heater and didn't turn it back on. I went in and its lukewarm refreshing. Turn it back on and max and it was enough to burn yeah. Low level is fine.

No AC in the lobby.

Staff and location is great.

Still A+ for me

Just got back from Dhotel.  I checked out early because of the poor wifi, weak aircon and the toilet seat did not fit the toilet.  Stayed here many times over the years as well as the dapartment 2. Guess I’m getting too particular.  Checked into the Intimate hotel which wasn’t that great also.  Poor cleaning and weak wifi. Although friendly service.   

Archived