Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Luxury Pattaya Condo Rentals | Le Pub Soi Diamond | Pattaya Investigations | Dollhouse XXX | Pattaya News | Pattaya Bars | The Night Wish Group | Add your Text or Event here

Gibsons1

Alternate Route to Walking St (Beach Rd Closure June 14/15)

Gibsons1
Posted (edited)

I guess some music festival is closing down Beach Rd, in which many use the baht bus to reach Walking St...

Just wondering if there will be an alternate Baht Bus route to get to Walking St when the Beach Rd closure makes the entire city a total clusterfuck.festival2.jpg

Edited by Gibsons1

robert

I was there during the last music festival and like many others I just walked there from Soi 8 it was a nice walk, many bars on the way if you want to stop for a drink

I am also sure any moto taxi will get you there

LeoTex

I guess it depends on where you're coming from to get to WS.

For me staying in the LK Metro area, I would get the baht buss on Soi Buakhao to Pattaya Tai then down to 2nd Road.

LeoTex

Faster to walk to WS. All alternative roads will be a pain, soi Buakhao one of them.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Dav80

What's the music festival like?

Land on Saturday 15th so will be there for it. Well I say there for it, the BA flights from Heathrow to BKK have been a schedule shambles so far this week.

Daz Manc

When beach road is closed, all south bound traffic uses Soi Buakhao, including baht buses.

If you are in central Patts near Patt Klang, you can take a baht bus all the way down Buakhao, at the bottom it will turn right onto South Patts road and you stay on until it gets to the traffic lights at 2nd road, then walk 100 mtrs.

Easy, but it will take twice as long as usual due to traffic

talung66
8 hours ago, Gibsons1 said:

I guess some music festival is closing down Beach Rd, in which many use the baht bus to reach Walking St...

Just wondering if there will be an alternate Baht Bus route to get to Walking St when the Beach Rd closure makes the entire city a total clusterfuck.festival2.jpg

fyi it will be same most of the sunday morning the 21st of july  as well pattay marathon on 

Macawber
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Daz Manc said:

When beach road is closed, all south bound traffic uses Soi Buakhao, including baht buses.

... which makes me wonder why they don't make 2nd Rd a temporary 2 way road instead of letting Buakow take the overload .... crazy... but yes, TIT :Dunno1:

Edited by Macawber

Gibsons1
Posted (edited)

8 hours ago, Daz Manc said:

If you are in central Patts near Patt Klang, you can take a baht bus all the way down Buakhao, at the bottom it will turn right onto South Patts road and you stay on until it gets to the traffic lights at 2nd road, then walk 100 mtrs.

Sounds like gridlock.  traffic_jam_01.png

Edited by Gibsons1

ricktoronto
9 hours ago, Daz Manc said:

Except if you are north of Buakhao from  Soi 6/1 north to Soi 1 and Terminal 21 and the roundabout, it really can't go south on Buakhao which ends at Pattaya Klang so there has to be more than just one street for the southbound buses. 

There is a mish mash of smaller streets north of Klang but you'd think 3rd road must come into play at some point.

ricktoronto
10 hours ago, Dav80 said:

What's the music festival like?

Land on Saturday 15th so will be there for it. Well I say there for it, the BA flights from Heathrow to BKK have been a schedule shambles so far this week.

I was told all Thai bands singing popular Thai rock to an audience of mostly Thai people who are coming in droves from outside Pattaya. 

Daz Manc
2 hours ago, ricktoronto said:

I was told all Thai bands singing popular Thai rock to an audience of mostly Thai people who are coming in droves from outside Pattaya. 

YES, this is absolutely correct, it is crappy, amateur Thai rock and sounds terrible  !!!

Don't waste your time going, it is full of Thai teenagers boys and girls, no p4p at all.