IGNORED

New Hotel Amber

Rainsberger

I have sent them an email, but got no answer (yet). Can anyone answer?

1- Is the pool sunny all day?

2- Is the hotel guest friendly? (i did not ask them, but do they allow a 3rd person?)

3- (also did not ask them) What about the noise of chinese excursios or any other kind?

Had a look at the hotels website, and it dosnt look like theres much storage space in any of the choices of rooms, an open fronted place to hang stuff, and a drawer above the fridge, unless theres other places not shown on the pics.

I stayed at the deluxe pool room, I found the balcony big enough for me, had no problem with the size 

Room was fine I would stay there again, no problem with bring girls back, no one lift a eye 

Only thing is that the front desk is clueless, and zero chance to check in before 2pm, you get the same lie, we were fully booked the day before shit, its low season and it was not even close to 50% ful 

• Like 3

Yesterday i found some posts about this hotel in a german forum. after some hard work trying to translate (!), i reached  these conclusions:

1- The hotel is new and things are still good; maybe things can change soon (some guys say construction quality is not that good)

2- There are some problems regarding water from shower in the bathroom;

3- Toileteries and not enough;

4- Swimming pool is very good and it's area is great for relax (however, i still dont know if it is sunny all day or not);

5- Breakfast is good but missing some basic items, like bacon, ham or cheese; or bread (?);

6- Rooms have serious noise isolation problems;

7- Plenty of chinese groups (some say they are noisy, others say they are not) and the hotel is also atracting arab (? or indian?) guests;

8- Guest friendly;

9- Big and confortable bed, good quality towels;

10- Ridiculous lack of storage in the rooms;

11- Some issues about cleaning staff work

• Like 3

1 hour ago, filipef said:

Yesterday i found some posts about this hotel in a german forum. after some hard work trying to translate (!), i reached  these conclusions:

1- The hotel is new and things are still good; maybe things can change soon (some guys say construction quality is not that good)

2- There are some problems regarding water from shower in the bathroom;

3- Toileteries and not enough;

4- Swimming pool is very good and it's area is great for relax (however, i still dont know if it is sunny all day or not);

5- Breakfast is good but missing some basic items, like bacon, ham or cheese; or bread (?);

6- Rooms have serious noise isolation problems;

7- Plenty of chinese groups (some say they are noisy, others say they are not) and the hotel is also atracting arab (? or indian?) guests;

8- Guest friendly;

9- Big and confortable bed, good quality towels;

10- Ridiculous lack of storage in the rooms;

11- Some issues about cleaning staff work

Thanks for the hard work 

I've booked a night next week to check it out and will report back.

Bawdy by name, Bawdy by nature.

On 02/10/2019 at 19:49, filipef said:

I have sent them an email, but got no answer (yet). Can anyone answer?

1- Is the pool sunny all day?

2- Is the hotel guest friendly? (i did not ask them, but do they allow a 3rd person?)

3- (also did not ask them) What about the noise of chinese excursios or any other kind?

I can answer a few of yours questions....

Yes the pool has sun all day though there is a lounge area that's shaded...it's quite a nice layout.  

Yes the hotel is girl friendly...a 3rd person costs 300b  (per guest)  

3 minutes ago, felix the cat said:

I can answer a few of yours questions....

Yes the pool has sun all day though there is a lounge area that's shaded...it's quite a nice layout.  

Yes the hotel is girl friendly...a 3rd person costs 300b  (per guest)  

Thanks for info.   One more question how was breakfast. Did they have bacon 55

3 minutes ago, nunchuck said:

Thanks for info.   One more question how was breakfast. Did they have bacon 55

Sorry didn't have breakfast. I think the easiest thing to do is too give them a call....i'm sure you'll get all the answers your wanting to know.  

3 minutes ago, felix the cat said:

Sorry didn't have breakfast. I think the easiest thing to do is too give them a call....i'm sure you'll get all the answers your wanting to know.  

Thanks.   There for 14 nights.   In January 

• 2 weeks later...

I will be staying here in a couple of days, but having just walked down Soi AR, noticed the @Mind group is renaming their hotels, all beginning with the letter A;

20191022_152613.jpg

20191022_152548.jpg

I've just stayed there and I think it is the best value for money in Pattaya at the moment. 7970 baht for 8 nights on booking dot com paid. I'll have a video review coming up as soon as I get my laptop fixed so I can edit the thing. 

• Like 4

Just checked in, very large property, reminds me alot of their Serviced Residence (now Altara). 

Rooms are a little different with open plan bathrooms which I've tried to show in these pics;

20191024_180251.jpg

20191024_180237.jpg

20191024_180226.jpg

• Like 2

On 03/10/2019 at 04:00, Bono! said:

Only thing is that the front desk is clueless, and zero chance to check in before 2pm, you get the same lie, we were fully booked the day before shit, its low season and it was not even close to 50% ful 

Yes, made me wait as well, then sent me to the wrong room, cute check-in girl running thru the corridors trying to track me down! 555

On 22/10/2019 at 15:45, Bawdy said:

I will be staying here in a couple of days, but having just walked down Soi AR, noticed the @Mind group is renaming their hotels, all beginning with the letter A;

20191022_152613.jpg

20191022_152548.jpg

Looks like I'll just have to wait for them to launch their "Anal hotel" then,  wouldn't mind getting into to that with an opening offer !!!

• Haha 2

On 23/10/2019 at 22:25, Big Fat Besty said:

I've just stayed there and I think it is the best value for money in Pattaya at the moment. 7970 baht for 8 nights on booking dot com paid. I'll have a video review coming up as soon as I get my laptop fixed so I can edit the thing. 

Wow, that is a good price, and at that cost it probably is best value in Patts. I stayed there back in July and paid quite a bit more. Just checked booking.com for next week and got back a price of over 11k for 8 nights, so I think you must’ve caught it at just the right time.

On 24/10/2019 at 18:32, Bawdy said:

Just checked in, very large property, reminds me alot of their Serviced Residence (now Altara). 

Rooms are a little different with open plan bathrooms which I've tried to show in these pics;

20191024_180251.jpg

20191024_180237.jpg

20191024_180226.jpg

Can you take a pic of your balcony please? I want to know how big it is....Cheers? :) 

Sorry, only stayed one night to check it out, balcony was pretty small from memory.

I do plan to stay there longer next trip, was very happy with the set up.

• 2 weeks later...

Big Fat Besty has just posted a 15 minute review of the hotel Amber.....and got an exceptional nightly rate thru' Booking.com.

Mr magoo.

Every thing spick and span  but as i said earlier lack of storage space is a big let down, theres barely any drawers, also dont like the open plan bathroom set-up, shame cos the rest is nice enough.

• 1 month later...
On 09/11/2019 at 18:52, electro said:

Two full beds pushed together to make a king ,no way I would sleep on that

I had a real king size, not 2 beds pushed together 

• 2 weeks later...

Seems really hard to get to the action. Does it seem far to you guys? I haven;t hung out in the area much though.

Booked here for a week should have a review when I return, last time I stayed at he D hotel, similar distances. Baht bus or bike taxi is the way to if you don't like the walk (about 20mins walk to walking st)