Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

247 boutique hotel - june 2019

swedish_bob

Stayed there for 2 weeks recently, agree with the shower/bathroom door problems, nice enough hotel but for me too noisy at night.

hotel has hit a tipping point for me and no longer stay there.

• Thanks 1

Bawdy by name, Bawdy by nature.

6 hours ago, Bawdy said:

hotel has hit a tipping point for me and no longer stay there.

why specifically? 
my only downside was that i stayed on the tree town side (for the first time) on my last trip. surprisingly, it was the noise during the day that annoyed me. (no problem during the night). 
originally, they wanted to give me a soi honey facing room on the 7th floor, but i asked for a 2nd floor room because i like to be able to take the stairs. so it was somewhat my own choice to be on the tree town side... otherwise i was happy with 247 as always.

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.

^ They also try to give me those rooms, but find the Tree Town side has a slightly larger bathroom.

Yes, noise also from bars during the day, cleaning and setting up.

I find the rooms pretty worn now, and can find places with newer rooms for less Baht. 

My problem a few months ago was with nighttime noise, although strangely it was only a problem one night. It seems there is now a bar on the Tree Town side that is directly below the 247. One night they played music until 5 or 6 in the morning, and because of the metal roof of the bar or just the fact the roof was one floor below me, it was like the music was playing inside my room. I begged the front desk to give me a room on the Soi Honey side, but they had none available, and for some reason, the bar only played their music that late and that loud one night.

^ I know the bar you are talking about, there is also the sound of clanking empty bottles from there during the day.

Tree town side is quite noisy until 4 am. Just ask a room facing other side and you shouldn't have any noise issues. I'm now here and paying only 850 baht per night (booking.com). Hard to imagine that many other hotels could provide better value for that price.

^ Good price, I asked them their walk in price yesterday and they quoted 1300Bt. They originally had no rooms available for this period when I looked late last year.

Booked via Booking.com for May (non - refundable ) , i am trying to get hotel to change my dates . Tried contacting Via Email , Booking.com and their own Website unfortunately they can not be bothered to reply .

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jeremy_uk said:

Booked via Booking.com for May (non - refundable ) , i am trying to get hotel to change my dates . Tried contacting Via Email , Booking.com and their own Website unfortunately they can not be bothered to reply .

just resend the email every 1-2 days. normally they will answer after some time. at least that was the case in the past. they're just terrible at email unfortunately... 

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.

On 21/03/2020 at 21:39, petehoax said:

just resend the email every 1-2 days. normally they will answer after some time. at least that was the case in the past. they're just terrible at email unfortunately... 

Thanks will keep on trying

I went through the same thing when I was cancelling my March trip.

I ended up having success using the live chat on Booking.com. Just keep choosing options until you get to a real person.

Sent from my Mi MIX 2 using Tapatalk

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

On 24/03/2020 at 10:40, bobbie-b said:

I went through the same thing when I was cancelling my March trip.

I ended up having success using the live chat on Booking.com. Just keep choosing options until you get to a real person.

Sent from my Mi MIX 2 using Tapatalk

thanks bobby , i had sent a message that way but had not kept on clicking :)

• 2 weeks later...

i finally got to a live person , from booking.com not hotel , and they sent a message to the hotel . Again this message was ignored . Today as the province has closed all hotels i have asked for a full refund , will let you know what happens .

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

9 days on the hotel has still not answered any communication , even tried to call them . Booking dot com are unhelpful .

Best i can say is avoid this place its customer care is terrible

• 2 months later...
On 21/03/2020 at 17:01, Jeremy_uk said:

I got a good deal on a mini suite which was half price but non-refundable so I went ahead and booked just before Christmas. I am not due to travel until August but the way things are It's not going to happen so I have decided to postpone until February 2020. I phones Qatar Airways and explained and within 5 minutes my flights were changed free of charge and no hassle.

Now comes the hotel!!!  I must have sent 15 emails to the property asking due to the circumstances could I change dates and as to date I have had no reply. I contacted Booking.Com via 'LIVE CHAT' and they told me that booking is not refundable but they will email the property and ask them if they can help on this occasion by either refund or date change. The only response I have received from Booking.com is that they are still waiting for a reply from the property.

Yesterday Booking.Com messaged me and said that the property have said that they have no availability on my preferred date change (which I find hard to believe) and that if I cancel it's non-refundable. As I have been trying for weeks to resolve this a red mist appeared in front of me and I hit the 'CANCEL BOOKING' button. Yes a moment of madness and I'm  now out of pocket by £600 but I'd just had enough of lousy customer service. A lesson learnt, never book non-refundable no matter how much you are going to save.

I received an email from Booking.Com "We can confirm that your reservation at 247 Boutique hotel has been cancelled. You don’t need to take further action, Please note that this booking was non-refundable. There's no extra charge for cancelling, you just won't get any money back". which I expected. Then later that day I received another email "You requested to cancel your reservation . Although there is a charge associated with this cancellation, we asked 247 Boutique hotel to make an exception for your reservation. We have not received a response from the property"

I have now told Booking.Com, for avoidance of doubt I will NOT be paying any cancellation charges!!!  I

• Like 1

14 hours ago, dicky.snapples said:

I got a good deal on a mini suite which was half price but non-refundable so I went ahead and booked just before Christmas. I am not due to travel until August but the way things are It's not going to happen so I have decided to postpone until February 2020. I phones Qatar Airways and explained and within 5 minutes my flights were changed free of charge and no hassle.

Now comes the hotel!!!  I must have sent 15 emails to the property asking due to the circumstances could I change dates and as to date I have had no reply. I contacted Booking.Com via 'LIVE CHAT' and they told me that booking is not refundable but they will email the property and ask them if they can help on this occasion by either refund or date change. The only response I have received from Booking.com is that they are still waiting for a reply from the property.

Yesterday Booking.Com messaged me and said that the property have said that they have no availability on my preferred date change (which I find hard to believe) and that if I cancel it's non-refundable. As I have been trying for weeks to resolve this a red mist appeared in front of me and I hit the 'CANCEL BOOKING' button. Yes a moment of madness and I'm  now out of pocket by £600 but I'd just had enough of lousy customer service. A lesson learnt, never book non-refundable no matter how much you are going to save.

I received an email from Booking.Com "We can confirm that your reservation at 247 Boutique hotel has been cancelled. You don’t need to take further action, Please note that this booking was non-refundable. There's no extra charge for cancelling, you just won't get any money back". which I expected. Then later that day I received another email "You requested to cancel your reservation . Although there is a charge associated with this cancellation, we asked 247 Boutique hotel to make an exception for your reservation. We have not received a response from the property"

I have now told Booking.Com, for avoidance of doubt I will NOT be paying any cancellation charges!!!  I

Sorry to hear about your troubles mate. Many Thai hotels seem to ignore emails, so 24/7 is far from alone in that regard. You did the right thing enquiring via Booking.com, companies like this always get a swift response to their emails.

Of course the hotel should have shown a bit of leniency and compassion, but technically they are in the right. Your experiences will however make it less likely that I will bother with 24/7 again.

Edited by LOTTELLEE WINNA
  • Like 2

There has also been a change in the management team at 24/7 which could also explain things.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Bawdy said:

There has also been a change in the management team at 24/7 which could also explain things.

Management change is ok, I just hope that sexy girl on front desk is still there when I get a chance to stay again 

• Haha 1

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

^ She was still there in March. If anyone misses the ladyboy Nadia, she can be found at the Salon opposite Honey massage 555

• 4 weeks later...