Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Luxury Pattaya Condo Rentals | Le Pub Soi Diamond | Pattaya Investigations | Beavers Pattaya | Pattaya News | Pattaya Bars | The Night Wish Group | Add your Text or Event here

Christo69

Cheap flights USA to BKK

Christo69

My all time record airfare flight from New York To Bangkok was $510usd  back in the 90's on ANA.

I just now booked a flight on China Southern thru expedia $532.

Now the flight departs at 3:00am but guys we will never see these prices again

Ziplee
10 minutes ago, Christo69 said:

booked a flight on China Southern

Yes, cheap and not that good. Packed in like sardines with some rude Chinese old folks.  Flew 2 times, once in coach. YMMV.

BKKBunny

I'd rather pay the higher price point for comfort and reliability.  :Party3:

The Danimal
1 hour ago, Ziplee said:

Yes, cheap and not that good. Packed in like sardines with some rude Chinese old folks.  Flew 2 times, once in coach. YMMV.

China Southern I have had major issues on the connection....China Eastern is legit though and has many times out from LAX...if you can deal with Mr. Tom Bradley

javasumatra

I too would rather pay more and fly with JAL/EVA/ANA etc

Joeg

First two times I went emirates, the last was eva. I was not impressed. I can't be super choosy as Alaska doesn't have a lot of international hubs. Just a few days ago I was able to get a round trip ticket to bkk from Juneau, Alaska for 800 dollars and flight time was about as short as you Can get so occasionally good deals can still be had! 

Rainydays

Booked china southern for 480usd. Departs at 1am. Perfect time imo

Poontwang

I hop you guys don't have to connect in China. It can be a nightmare. 

Queef_Sniffer

I flew jfk-pek-bkk on China Air this past winter for $580. Was no frills, but can’t complain for that price. Still the cheapest I’ve ever paid. Typically I fly ANA - in fact, flying back next month jfk-hnd-bkk for $780. ANA is usually more expensive, but you get a lot more (service, space, etc). To me, it’s worth it. 

Crash
I flew jfk-pek-bkk on China Air this past winter for $580. Was no frills, but can’t complain for that price. Still the cheapest I’ve ever paid. Typically I fly ANA - in fact, flying back next month jfk-hnd-bkk for $780. ANA is usually more expensive, but you get a lot more (service, space, etc). To me, it’s worth it. 

China Airlines does not fly JFK-PEK. You are probably thinking of Air China.

NorCalKid

I like the 1am departures.   No traffic to airport and 10-11am arrival. 

I prefer to pay $640-740 and fly EVA or Cathay pacific. 

gandt
7 hours ago, Ziplee said:

Still better than United.i

buzzkillaton

Thats cheap i take it thats a 2 stop flight though. I hate having 2 stops and would gladly pay more to skip that extra stop.

What I find interesting is how much more tickets from Thailand to the USA cost then USA to Thailand. Was 1500 for a 1 stop round trip ticket in Sept and I can get the same ticket coming back for only 1150 if I was in the states. 

Ziplee
2 hours ago, gandt said:

Still better than United

United and China Southern are on the bottom of my List.

ANA is on top because of price and Premium Economy from the U.S. to Toyko then Premium Economy from Toyko to Swampy.

Delta was next but got to expensive.

vivalv2001

Might want to take a look at the frequent flier points games boys (credit card bonus hustling, etc).   Takes some organizational skills and financial discipline to play the credit card game but the juice is well worth the squeeze. 

I've flown Biz, or First, EVERY trip to Thailand on points since I started going almost a decade ago.   Usual cost is about $50-$100 in taxes or fees.  

XOL123

cheapest I got was on Emirates $510 RT coach, jfk-dubai-bkk but it was a couple of years ago, now I can't find anything under $800 for the 21st  this month :Oops1:

slashlarue

Paid double that to fly Asiana. Flew upper deck and to the rear with extra room at the window seat because of the curvature of the aircraft. Great flight in "third class." Incheon airport is probably the best airport I've been to. I also did Korean Air but liked Asiana better. I would do Cathay Pacific but their prices are just as high as Asiana. Yes, you can do the 500-600 dollar flights on a second-tier Chinese airline but I feel better going to Incheon or Japan rather than China, Taiwan or otherwise. Just me.     

Kickoff
15 hours ago, NorCalKid said:

I like the 1am departures.   No traffic to airport and 10-11am arrival.

I prefer to pay $640-740 and fly EVA or Cathay pacific. 

Same especially out of SFO as generally EVA has flights at 1AM for an 11AM BKK arrival and can sleep most of the way. Air China, China Eastern/Southern generally leave the opposite with noon departures and arrivals in BKK at 10PM. In terms of comfort, it's all the same to me at least.

allwet

Don't lump China Airlines in with all the other China air services. China Airlines is Taiwanese and on par with Korean Air and Asiana. It connects in Taipei which is a very easy airport to transfer due to it being smaller. 

I prefer to pay more for better airlines and shorter layovers. Flying China Eastern with a 14 hour layover in Shanghai is not worth it. 

Survo1000

I booked $460 last year in December from China eastern air. Would probably pay a little more for better flight.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

mr21
On 11/06/2019 at 16:08, Ziplee said:

Flown them twice, and if on a A380, the key is getting an economy seat on the upper level - which is mostly business and 1st class. Also the seats in the very back row still fully recline (but without anyone sitting behind you obviously).

Night and day vs. economy on the lower level with 300+ mainland Chinese

mr21
1 hour ago, allwet said:

Don't lump China Airlines in with all the other China air services. China Airlines is Taiwanese and on par with Korean Air and Asiana. It connects in Taipei which is a very easy airport to transfer due to it being smaller. 

I prefer to pay more for better airlines and shorter layovers. Flying China Eastern with a 14 hour layover in Shanghai is not worth it. 

China Airlines is very comparable to EVA in terms of service, food, cleanliness. I agree that TPE is an easy and efficient airport for transit. If needed there are free showers near the upper level food court (Starbucks, Burger King, Godiva, etc). Also love seeing the Taiwanese babes working in the cosmetics/duty free shops.

Matter of fact yesterday I booked China Airlines for next March LAX/BKK round-trip at $700. Midnight departure from LAX with layovers less than 2 hours in TPE both ways.

DrewM

I don’t know why you guys are complaining. I have been watching flights for the last few weeks. I have seen quite a few out of LAX for under $400 RT and several more in the $400-$500  RT range if you are flexible with your travel dates.  RTs out of San Francisco are similarly priced.   

The crap part for me is I have to book an additional flight to get  to LAX.  Here is a tip for those of you that live in the middle of the country that need a flight to your departing to BKK airport.   Don’t forget to check rates at Southwest they aren’t  in the booking sites because they don’t pay commissions.  

Mr. Majestyk

Most of my flights to Thailand have been RT from Dubai when I working there for several years. Really good deals on fare prices were the norm.

I have made a few RT flights out of the US, from Houston. I have had mixed luck with that. For the most part, and of course factors like high season and low season play a role, I pay somewhere between 1200-1500 USD, RT. I have payed as little as 700 USD, RT during August and September. 

As far as airlines go, it's usually United or Delta to either Hong Kong or Tokyo-Narita, and from the get on ANA or Hong Kong Airlines, both of which I like. 

Buddy Edgewood

Thankfully I can afford the $1500 round trip EVA fair out of LAX which leaves at around midnight and gets me into BKK at about noon.  Then on the way home, it departs at about noon and gets me into LAX at about 4PM, which give me plenty of time to catch my domestic flight back to AZ.  Plus comparatively speaking, EVA is a very comfortable, hassle-free flight.  I'm so spoiled, I don't think I can fly any other airline or times to BKK at this point, even if it's cheaper.