IGNORED

Health Insurance

Billyboy294

I was speaking to an English guy yesterday and he said from 1st July 2019 visitors to Thailand must have health insurance. He seemed to have lots of details.

Anyone know anything about this. I know it has been discussed by the Thai Authorities.

Sex without love is an empty experience;

But as empty experiences go, it is one of the best.

I imagine you'll find 2-3 significantly lengthy threads on this.

IYKYK

9 minutes ago, speedtoy said:

I imagine you'll find 2-3 significantly lengthy threads on this.

Yes i have seen several topics on this but it supposedly was just under discussion by the Thai Authorites.

I had not seen any details that the proposals would become law from 1st July 2019.

Sex without love is an empty experience;

But as empty experiences go, it is one of the best.

52 minutes ago, Billyboy294 said:

Anyone know anything about this. I know it has been discussed by the Thai Authorities.

From what I have read, there was just an announcement of the Health Department about that. Thai vocabulary in this announcement was ambiguous, but it seems the requirement will concern only people with an O-A Visa, the same way it already concerns those on O-X Visa.

There has been no announcement of the Foreign Affaire Department (Thai embassies and consulates) or from the Immigration Department.

Mandatory insurance for tourist has been suggested a few years back, but abandoned or at least postponed.

I was speaking to an English guy yesterday and he said from 1st July 2019 visitors to Thailand must have health insurance. He seemed to have lots of details.
There's the 100 baht insurance tax for tourists that was floated about recently, nothing firm on that since.

For the Non imm O-A the health insurance from 1 July, is still just a proposal, that could change any day

3 hours ago, Billyboy294 said:

There was a long discussion here:

1 July was always the date indicated by the Health Department spokesperson but not seen any confirmation from anywhere else. Details still unclear as well.

We just have to wait to see if it’s implemented and how it’s enforced. 

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Archived