javasumatra

TM30

regyai

As with all legalese there should be perfectly defined parameters

What constitutes 'overnight'? What precisely are the qualifying times?

Would my farang friends round at mine for dinner and drinks, followed by an early hours of the morning adjournment to another's house constitute a double whammy of TM30's all round in the morning?

Its frankly all an ill conceived hotchpotch of puerile bollocks in desperate need of adult intervention

regyai
Posted (edited)

As a passing thought I wonder how the Junta mindset would wrap itself around someone renting one of these off Tutu Beach and hitting the highway for an extended Thai road trip

spacer.png

Edited by regyai

Taa_Saparot
1 hour ago, Explorer8939 said:

The law requires you to provide a TM-30 every time you change the location where you sleep. 

.... and if you leave the Country for short period of time, even though you have not changed your abode.

Explorer8939

I am sure that there are many potential examples of overnight activities that illuminate the vagueness of TM-30 reporting. In all cases, it comes down to practicality: what are the odds that the authorities will catch you and fine you for staying at a location where you are not registered?

Explorer8939
7 hours ago, regyai said:

Way too much faffing about regarding this

If you are an 'ad hoc' tourist visitor & have no need of attending Immo during your stay then there really isn't any valid compunction to comply

Unless the authorities check on you.

Explorer8939

I hadn't thought about the angle that the government would use the TM-30 to find people who were renting to foreigners but not paying taxes. Is that really happening, or are the fines considered the equivalent of income tax on unreported rentals?

bakufoz
10 hours ago, Billyboy294 said:

I was under the impression the tenant can fill in the form and take to Immigration if the owner is not available.

Immigration are only interested in where YOU are staying. I know tenants who were fined 1600 baht (I think) because they had not submitted the form or had arranged for the owner to do it.

If you want to play it safe check into a hotel for your first night and then go to your Condo. The Hotel register you in, but not out.

I may be wrong, if you are on a tourist visa then checking into a hotel for the first night is a good plan as people with tourist visas do not have to file a TM30 if they change addresses as per section 37.

3281211.gif

bakufoz
8 hours ago, Taa_Saparot said:

.... and if you leave the Country for short period of time, even though you have not changed your abode.

Because the number on your departure card will be different.

Taa_Saparot
3 hours ago, bakufoz said:

Because the number on your departure card will be different.

At Jomtien for 3 years, there was no need to do a new TM30 after doing a Visa Run.

This year, it was different, and I (and the apartment) was lucky to get away with it, after I pleaded total ignorance.

superroo

Is a person likely to be questioned at the airport immigration when leaving to go home.

davidge
Just now, superroo said:

Is a person likely to be questioned at the airport immigration when leaving to go home.

No.

davidge
5 hours ago, bakufoz said:

I may be wrong, if you are on a tourist visa then checking into a hotel for the first night is a good plan as people with tourist visas do not have to file a TM30 if they change addresses as per section 37.

1. The place the foreigner is staying still has to report they are there so if they go to immigration they’re still likely to get a fine.

2. If you enter on the 30-day visa exempt stamp then you don’t have a Tourist Visa in any case.

3. As I said above, if you’re only staying a month and don’t need to go to immigration for any reason then this really isn’t something to worry about anyway. My last 4 condo stays, 2 have done the TM30 and 2 haven’t. Made no difference to me either way.

Taa_Saparot
9 minutes ago, superroo said:

No, not yet.

regyai
17 hours ago, superroo said:

No, nor anywhere else

If you have no necessity to attend immigration offices the whole thing is an irrelevance

Spellforce

For the tenants who want to do their TM30 by them self, you can ask your landlord to fill and sign this form, then go to immigration office:

http://www.chiangmailocator.com/images-folder/pdf/tm30form-1.pdf

But I've just read on Thaivisa, that you can also do it by yourself online:

https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn24online/

In "position", you'll have to select "Possessor" = tenant for thai immigration

spacer.png

Billyboy294
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, bakufoz said:

3281211.gif

That is very interesting. I never knew that only foreigners who were staying over 90 days had to report.I dont think many others knew this. So golden-boy's problems are solved, He is only staying for about 1 month so no reporting required. Or have i missed something.

Edited by Billyboy294

Taa_Saparot
2 minutes ago, Billyboy294 said:

That is very interesting. I never knew that only foreigners who were staying over 90 days had to report.I dont think many others knew this. So Goldenboy's problems are solved, He is only staying for about 1 month so no reporting required. Or have i missed something.

This graphic has came up before.

It covers Section 37 not Section 38 which would be Goldenboys problem.

Billyboy294
1 minute ago, Taa_Saparot said:

This graphic has came up before.

It covers Section 37 not Section 38 which would be Goldenboys problem.

But if golden-boy does not have to report then then  immigration will not know who is renting out the condo .

Taa_Saparot
3 minutes ago, Billyboy294 said:

But if golden-boy does not have to report then then  immigration will not know who is renting out the condo .

Correct, which has nothing to do with the graphic you quoted.

Billyboy294
45 minutes ago, Taa_Saparot said:

Correct, which has nothing to do with the graphic you quoted.

I quoted the graphic to point out to those that did not know that you only need a TM30 posted if you are staying more than 90 days.

Taa_Saparot
1 minute ago, Billyboy294 said:

I quoted the graphic to point out to those that did not know that you only need a TM30 posted if you are staying more than 90 days.

Which I told you is wrong.

Ru4Real
25 minutes ago, Billyboy294 said:

Rule 4  :Whistle:

In all seriousness though, the actual Act states a foreigner has to have a TM30 lodged every place they stay. In reality, unless having to deal with Immi for extensions, cert of residence etc. it can be ignored. Have to be pretty damn unlucky to get caught in a raid.

Billyboy294
43 minutes ago, Billyboy294 said:

I read paragraph 2 as only applying to this who were staying longer than 90 days. Paragraph 1 is quite clear. Reporting only applies to those staying more than 90days

Ru4Real

The graphic is wrong. S37 pertains to TM28, S38 to TM30.

Billyboy294
31 minutes ago, Ru4Real said:

Rule 4  :Whistle:

In all seriousness though, the actual Act states a foreigner has to have a TM30 lodged every place they stay. In reality, unless having to deal with Immi for extensions, cert of residence etc. it can be ignored. Have to be pretty damn unlucky to get caught in a raid. 

But only those Foreigners staying more than 90 days have to report in the first instance.