IGNORED

Question about 90 day reporting

xtremedude

I recently visited immigration and received 1 year extension of stay.  Does that reset the clock for 90 day reporting or is it still based on my date of entry which was March? 

Good question.

It makes sense that it would be 90 days from the 1yr extension... So nothing ever makes sense I suspect it will be from when you entered... 

Following :D

Regards, Atlas.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

13 minutes ago, xtremedude said:

I recently visited immigration and received 1 year extension of stay.  Does that reset the clock for 90 day reporting or is it still based on my date of entry which was March? 

Look in the back of your passport and see what date is there for your 90 day report... should be stapled in there. I think, but I am not 100% sure, that the extension renewal does NOT reset the 90 days.  

23 minutes ago, xtremedude said:

Extension to stay and 90 day report dates are two different animals. The 90 day report is always based on the last date of entry into Thailand, and then every 90 days from that date until you exit Thailand. And don't forget to get a re-entry permit before you exit Thailand.

The date that is stamped in my passport when I enter Thailand has always been the last day of extension of stay.  Not when 90 day reporting is due.   I've always had to manually calculate 90 days from date of entry and not rely on date that is stamped in passport.  Right now the date that is in my passport when I entered in March is May 2019 (which is the end of the last extension of stay) and I did the 1 year extension last month (until May 2020).  So I am confused about what date BMs are referring to for the 90 day reporting.

34 minutes ago, xtremedude said:

The date that is stamped in my passport when I enter Thailand has always been the last day of extension of stay.  Not when 90 day reporting is due.   I've always had to manually calculate 90 days from date of entry and not rely on date that is stamped in passport.  Right now the date that is in my passport when I entered in March is May 2019 (which is the end of the last extension of stay) and I did the 1 year extension last month (until May 2020).  So I am confused about what date BMs are referring to for the 90 day reporting.

Sounds like you do not have the 2nd date in your passport.  I have the 2nd date, the 90-day report date, written on an attachment they stapled at back of my passport.   Related to address verification.

Maybe you only get that attachment when you do your first 90-day report. I am not sure.

Or maybe you have lost it, or not done address verification process.

Retirement visa could be simplified !

2 minutes ago, rog555 said:

Sounds like you do not have the 2nd date in your passport.  I have the 2nd date, the 90-day report date, written on an attachment they stapled at back of my passport.   Related to address verification.

Maybe you only get that attachment when you do your first 90-day report. I am not sure.

Or maybe you have lost it, or not done address verification process.

I have never received this.  During my previous 1 year extension of stay (that ended May 2019), I exited Thailand 4 times and when I re-entered, always May 2019 is stamped and I never received a 2nd date or an attachment.  Only TM6 that is stamped with entry date and stapled to passport.  It would be interesting to see how common (or rare) my experience is.

14 minutes ago, xtremedude said:

I have never received this.  During my previous 1 year extension of stay (that ended May 2019), I exited Thailand 4 times and when I re-entered, always May 2019 is stamped and I never received a 2nd date or an attachment. 

Rog555 was talking about the receipt they give you (and staple at the end of your Passport at Jomtien) when you make a 90-Days Report. You seem to not do these reports, so you don't have this receipt.

2 hours ago, xtremedude said:

It usually doesn't. A few Immigration Offices make the reset at the Retirement Extension; Jomtien doesn't.

So you must make this 90-Days reports before 90 days after you entered Thailand, or 90 days after you made your previous 90-Days report.

Reminder: Can be made online. Fast & easy.

22 minutes ago, rog555 said:

Retirement visa could be simplified !

Hard to make it easier. For many people it's just 4 sheets of paper + 1'900B,  once a year.

3 minutes ago, xtremedude said:

I have never received this.  During my previous 1 year extension of stay (that ended May 2019), I exited Thailand 4 times and when I re-entered, always May 2019 is stamped and I never received a 2nd date or an attachment.  Only TM6 that is stamped with entry date and stapled to passport.  It would be interesting to see how common (or rare) my experience is.

Ah.  I'm no expert. But maybe you havent actually been to immigration to do a 90 day report yet.   If you are exiting thailand that resets the 90 day reporting date.

My guess is that if you actually go to the immigration office to do the 90 day report they will tell you to do address verification and that will give you the attachment.

I'm not sure though.

Archived