Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Baraquda Upgrade

jrelera

Has anyone ever attempted, with success, an upgrade at check-in for a reasonable amount. The price for a suite is double the regular room rate. I think the regular room is fine, but I'm willing to dish out a little more for the experience of the suite.

Be careful how high you aim.  I’ve stayed in the Grand Baraquda Suite (with a loft bedroom), and wasn’t crazy about it.  The aircon just couldn’t handle the vertical temperature zones.  The amount of AC/fan needed to keep the upper bedroom cool made my LLT Thai girlfriend sick.

Otherwise I really liked Baraquda and love its sister hotel VIE Gallery in Bangkok... great locations.  

I’d try asking via email if you can get a “low season” upgrade or upgrade if you join their frequent guest program.  I’ve corresponded with management at both and they were super accommodating. 

On 06/06/2019 at 04:16, Skyline69 said:

Otherwise I really liked Baraquda and love its sister hotel VIE Gallery in Bangkok... great locations.  

I’d try asking via email if you can get a “low season” upgrade or upgrade if you join their frequent guest program.  I’ve corresponded with management at both and they were super accommodating. 

I second this. You have far more chance of getting a ( free ) upgrade if you are a member of a frequent guest program. These days the international chains make a point of looking after their status members. The VIE hotel is my hotel of choice in Bangkok and i have been upgraded to a suite on five of my last 6 stays there. Alternatively booking direct rather than via a third party will usually ( but not always ) get you a better room as the hotel is not paying a commission to the booking site.

I'd be happy with the King Superior if all inclusive 

5e0d7ab96ddbe2b03e4ac635922fe79d.jpg?s=1

2 hours ago, neilri2001 said:

after their status members

By just being a member of the Accor program, you will get nothing, beside of the points. Upgrades are given to Gold Members and up (but you may get lucky with Silver too). Accor is giving you a fast track to Accor Gold. You can go and buy the IBIS Business Card, cost is 90 Euro for a year. Beside of getting 10% off your bookings with IBIS hotels, you get imidiatly pushed up to Accor Gold. Be aware that upgrades are just given if rooms are available. That said, in Asia Accor hotels will most likely give you an upgrade if you have the Gold Card, Europe is a different kettle. 

Baraquda is in big need of a refurb like the Hilton has recently had.  The regular rooms are definitely big enough to stick a bath inside and the big suite rooms have way too much cupboard space that aren't really all that useful, while more useful pieces of furniture (like a working desk!) aren't available.

The leather bedhead is also in dire need of replacement, and the floorboards need significant re-work.

Archived