IGNORED

True movile sim card

Last year i buyed a 15 days true movile sim card. Anyone knows if i can recharge it again in a 7/11? Or the sim card is expired and i have to buy a new one

Thanks

New SIM is 49 baht. Don't waste you money on Tourist SIMs. The expired too soon and are expensive anyway.

Thanks for the replies. So i will buy a new sim for 49 baths and i recharge it. Can i buy this sim card in a 7/11 or i have to go to a true movile shop?

1 hour ago, Martxito said:

Thanks for the replies. So i will buy a new sim for 49 baths and i recharge it. Can i buy this sim card in a 7/11 or i have to go to a true movile shop?

The easiest for you is to buy at the Truemove H booth when you arrive at the airport. You can just buy the 49 baht basic SIM; http://truemoveh.truecorp.co.th/international_service/visit_thailand/en

The problem with Tourist SIM is that you can only extend them for up to three months at a time.

So if you want a SIM that you can extend up to 365 days, you need to go to a Truemove H shop. 7/11 shop may be reluctant to go through the registration process with you. But Truemove shops are actually a good source for add on packages. There's enough credit on the SIM when you buy it to get you to a 7/11 to choose a package that suits.

The other thing worth mentioning is that only DTAC allows unlimited data with new SIMs; http://www.dtac.co.th/en/prepaid/products/go-no-limit.html

Truemove H prefers to sell data by volume.

Thanks for the information. Las year i bougth the sim card by internet before traveling to tailand. This time i will go to a truemove shop, and buy it there. I think is interesting to have the same thai number for many years

If you want to keep your new SIM forever, once you have activated it, make sure that it is activated for International Roaming. So that you can get a signal in your country.

Then, once you have either spent a total of 200 baht on the SIM or have kept it active for 90 days, you can simply keep extending the life of the SIM by tapping in these codes, from abroad;

b7Nqorlxy.jpg

When you first get the SIM, buy a few smaller Topups; say 50 baht x 4. That will extend the life of the SIM to more than 120 days.

Then when ninety days have passed, if you are abroad, turn off Data and Data Roaming on your phone, leaving just the basic GSM signal(for calls and SMS), pop the Truemove H SIM in your phone and when you get a signal, apply any combination of the codes above to keep extending validity to a year.

You'll get SMS notifications showing the validity extended. Once complete, you just have to repeat these actions before the 365 days are up. You can keep doing this ad infinitum. Of course make sure that you have enough credit on the SIM for future years.

Switching off Data and Data Roaming before you put the Truemove H SIM, stops credit being used up if the phone tries to use data when you place the SIM in the phone whilst you are abroad. You don't need Internet Data switched on to send and receive SMS.

Archived