Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Luxury Pattaya Condo Rentals | Le Pub Soi Diamond | Pattaya Investigations | Babydolls Agogo | Pattaya News | Pattaya Bars | Night Wish Group 7th Anniversary Party | Add your Text or Event here

Sign in to follow this  
Kanga

Khao Kheow C-9 Green Change

Kanga

C loop at KK has been closed for the last couple of months but was open again when I played it on Friday. The only real change I noticed was that they had completely changed the 9th Green.  For anybody struggling to remember this is the whole back to the club house with water on the right after the par 3 with a diagonal stream and water left.

This used to be a pretty tough green sloping steeply up to two thirds of the length of the green before dropping sharply away on the other side. A nice challenging finish if the hole was cut towards the crest.

It is now pretty much flat with a steep run off still if you go over the back of the green. Personally I am not in favour of the change. 

Apparently B is now closed and I am hoping they do not change B9 which in many ways is even harder................

Lok Jit

What are the recent Green Fees to play this once Great course? Low season Price should be in full swing?

farcanal
On 01/06/2019 at 22:55, Kanga said:

C loop at KK has been closed for the last couple of months but was open again when I played it on Friday. The only real change I noticed was that they had completely changed the 9th Green.  For anybody struggling to remember this is the whole back to the club house with water on the right after the par 3 with a diagonal stream and water left.

This used to be a pretty tough green sloping steeply up to two thirds of the length of the green before dropping sharply away on the other side. A nice challenging finish if the hole was cut towards the crest.

It is now pretty much flat with a steep run off still if you go over the back of the green. Personally I am not in favour of the change. 

Apparently B is now closed and I am hoping they do not change B9 which in many ways is even harder................

Yep, remember this green well.

We reckoned they must have buried a couple of elephants under it.

The other finishing hole is nearly as bad on the other side of the water. Massive slope down from right to left.

Kanga
On 01/06/2019 at 23:17, Lok Jit said:

What are the recent Green Fees to play this once Great course? Low season Price should be in full swing?

It has been 800 baht since about March. Originally with vouchers now just standard.

Kanga
34 minutes ago, farcanal said:

The other finishing hole is nearly as bad on the other side of the water. Massive slope down from right to left.

Yes that's B9.

Kanga
On 01/06/2019 at 23:17, Lok Jit said:

What are the recent Green Fees to play this once Great course?

On 03/06/2019 at 08:03, Kanga said:

It has been 800 baht since about March. Originally with vouchers now just standard.

Vouchers now available for 700 baht green fee and carts for 500 baht - so saving a further 200 baht if you take a cart/buggy.

Scuba+

C9 green was tough, when they cut the grass short it was difficult if you went over the brow. I don't think it needed to be changed. Maybe just weren't enough pin position options

sulu
On 02/06/2019 at 20:29, farcanal said:

Yep, remember this green well.

We reckoned they must have buried a couple of elephants under it.

B9 is much tougher than C9. Only issue with C9 was when the pin was on the back part - impossible to get to and very hard to even putt to from the front half of the green. Might as well carry it long, go down off the green in the back and chip (or putt) back UP to the pin.

B9 's green not only had that tremendous right to left slope but it also played MUCH longer. C9 was long-ish hybrid or even 5 iron off the tee and then 9 or wedge. B9 is a very good drive and 5 or 6 iron in.

Worst(?) thing about B9 is, miss the green to the right and you'd think it'd bounce hard left off the hill and onto the green, right ? Nope. Hangs up in the rough and now you're chipping downhill towards the water. LMAO

farcanal
22 hours ago, sulu said:

B9 is much tougher than C9. Only issue with C9 was when the pin was on the back part - impossible to get to and very hard to even putt to from the front half of the green. Might as well carry it long, go down off the green in the back and chip (or putt) back UP to the pin.

B9 's green not only had that tremendous right to left slope but it also played MUCH longer. C9 was long-ish hybrid or even 5 iron off the tee and then 9 or wedge. B9 is a very good drive and 5 or 6 iron in.

Worst(?) thing about B9 is, miss the green to the right and you'd think it'd bounce hard left off the hill and onto the green, right ? Nope. Hangs up in the rough and now you're chipping downhill towards the water. LMAO

Agree with all of that.

I reckon I've beaten the hole if I take 5.

6 is acceptable