Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Luxury Pattaya Condo Rentals | Le Pub Soi Diamond | Pattaya Investigations | Dollhouse XXX | Pattaya News | Pattaya Bars | The Night Wish Group | Add your Text or Event here

talung66

world cup 2019 predictions ( 5 that i know of)

bolton69
1 minute ago, Taa_Saparot said:

... unlike the English Mercenaries.

73D33D85-DD48-42B1-ADD5-46030A4BB22F.png

boingo
34 minutes ago, bolton69 said:

The Aussies can’t win even when they cheat.  Sand paper and all that

You may want to check ball tampering and English captains/players. Be aware that the penalties imposed on our trio of miscreants may set the standard internationally provided of course various cricket boards have the balls to do so.

rope-a-dope

This thread is comedy gold. On a more serious note, I hope the aussies can somehow rekindle their sporting prowess again, across all disciplines. Alas, as one of the unhealthiest nations on earth, I fear for them as they turn into a nation of fatties..I hope they can turn it around :sad:

froddo
2 hours ago, rope-a-dope said:

On a more serious note, I hope the aussies can somehow rekindle their sporting prowess again, across all disciplines. 

WC cricket

Aussie coach of winning team

Wimbledon 

Aussie wins wheelchair tennis

Horse racing

Aussie jockey wins record number of group 1 races on same horse

All of these sitting down. How good will we be when upright:P

jollygumpster

froddo, i thought we were the kings (and queens) of sitting down sports? certainly at the olympics its no coincidence that uk does well at cycling, rowing and sailing. how dare you come for our speciality.

i see the england womens cricket team are well placed to finish a very respectable second place in their version of the ashes, take that aussies.

Captain Dave
17 hours ago, bolton69 said:

Now, now..... you'll only get them worked up.

In ten minutes they'll be wingeing about the bodyline series.

boingo
Now, now..... you'll only get them worked up.
In ten minutes they'll be wingeing about the bodyline series.

We haven't forgiven you!

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

bg532002

Strange we have five world cups poms one given to them by incompetent umpires and if you want to mention sandpaper what about the then captain Mike Atherton and his pocket full of sand. Seems to me might be a case of trying to convince yourselves that your team actually won.:rolleyes:

bolton69

Don’t think I’ve Seen  any moaning from New Zealand fans on here about the result. Unlike the rest that can’t take it.  Total respect for the black caps. 

keepitfun
22 hours ago, boingo said:

You may want to check ball tampering and English captains/players. Be aware that the penalties imposed on our trio of miscreants may set the standard internationally provided of course various cricket boards have the balls to do so.

It doesn’t take much to do a bit of research and find out that since Australia imposed such high and unprecedented penalties ON THEIR OWN PLAYERS that the degree of swing achieved internationally is tiny in comparison by all teams.  Me thinks there was a bit going on ... suddenly swing bowlers are just medium pacers like they used to be.

keepitfun

Oh, then there is 66M population vs 5M.  And only won because of poor umpiring and a best player born n NZ.

pityful that they get excited over that really.  Sad.

bolton69

No other cricket country  would play  anybody that was not born there would they surely not.   ???

bukone
39 minutes ago, bolton69 said:

Don’t think I’ve Seen  any moaning from New Zealand fans on here about the result. Unlike the rest that can’t take it.  Total respect for the black caps. 

Probably only one kiwi on here, they only have 100 people in the whole country :) 

bukone
23 hours ago, bolton69 said:

We’ve won more ashes games and more world cups than the poms, the difference between Aussies and poms is when we catch ball doctoring we punish hard, unlike the poms :) 

KiwiScottie
On 15/07/2019 at 11:34, Taa_Saparot said:

Did not lose in my book.

NZ - 241 for 8

Eng 241 ALL OUT.

Apparently that is how it used to be decided, 

worst luck for Nz they changed the rule, otherwise it would’ve been them , it’s a fine line sometimes 

shit happens 

bolton69
6 minutes ago, bukone said:

We’ve won more ashes games and more world cups than the poms, the difference between Aussies and poms is when we catch ball doctoring we punish hard, unlike the poms :) 

Your right mate. And well done. Just don’t be bitter when England win one 

Taa_Saparot
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, bolton69 said:

No other cricket country  would play  anybody that was not born there would they surely not.   ???

Only the ones that have more respect ... are shit at the game, I guess.

Edited by Taa_Saparot

talung66
2 minutes ago, Taa_Saparot said:

Only the ones that have more respect ... are shit at the game, I guess.

??

Captain Dave
Posted (edited)
On 17/07/2019 at 04:49, bg532002 said:

Strange we have five world cups poms one given to them by incompetent umpires and if you want to mention sandpaper what about the then captain Mike Atherton and his pocket full of sand. Seems to me might be a case of trying to convince yourselves that your team actually won.:rolleyes:

Oh come on, Mike had been relaxing on the beach.

Actually we need no convincing we won - the Trophy on the mantlepiece shows that.

Edited by Captain Dave

Captain Dave
18 hours ago, KiwiScottie said:

Apparently that is how it used to be decided, 

worst luck for Nz they changed the rule, otherwise it would’ve been them , it’s a fine line sometimes 

shit happens 

Your team were a credit to you all, I hope and expect they'll get a heroes welcome back in Kiwi.

mikeyboy
21 hours ago, bolton69 said:

If only   :25:

All Major sports bodies nowadays trawl the globe for the best talent and fast track them into their national side ,  like it or not .

What really gets me is the people who jump from one nation to another ,

Eoin Morgan should never have represented England at any level after playing for Ireland for many years , and i am an English cricket nut .

For the Aussies who are not aware , do a google search on Keppler Wessels as a for instance .

Should not detract from what was an excellent world cup and advert for the sport .

Mikeyboy

talung66
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, mikeyboy said:

For the Aussies who are not aware , do a google search on Keppler Wessels as a for instance .

i think every australian sport fan over 30 would know that. At the time a totally different era with tony greig and graham hicks a pom . now tell me why was KP classified one.

As australian sports fan the list is endless with similar name you may never know about  like hana mandlikova and tatiana gergoriava two of my favorites + we have aussie joe bugner  

Edited by talung66

Captain Dave
18 hours ago, mikeyboy said:

If only   :25:

All Major sports bodies nowadays trawl the globe for the best talent and fast track them into their national side ,  like it or not .

What really gets me is the people who jump from one nation to another ,

Eoin Morgan should never have represented England at any level after playing for Ireland for many years , and i am an English cricket nut .

Should not detract from what was an excellent world cup and advert for the sport .

Mikeyboy

Even Yorkshire no longer insist their players are born and bred in the County.

(a few dodgy results to those buggers on the wrong side of the Pennines changed that)

The World is going to the dogs.

Captain Dave
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, talung66 said:

i think every australian sport fan over 30 would know that. At the time a totally different era with tony greig and graham hicks a pom . now tell me why was KP classified one.

As australian sports fan the list is endless with similar name you may never know about  like hana mandlikova and tatiana gergoriava two of my favorites + we have aussie joe bugner  

We have KP nuts for sale in Tesco - reason enough I'd say.

Edited by Captain Dave

glassmanengland
On 17/07/2019 at 10:32, keepitfun said:

Oh, then there is 66M population vs 5M.  

Maybe so,but on the field its 11 v 11