Mai-ped

Thai data and call Sim Card

Mai-ped

Since some girls don’t have call and data phone plans, and rely on their shitty room wifi, I was wondering what a call & data sim would cost a month?

I’ve been told it’s around 2000B p/m, but just wanted to confirm.

Also, what’s the best Company for value for money?

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

keepitfun

Might be worth specifying how much data and what speed.  

You can check options on all the telco websites and select accordingly.

Mai-ped
Might be worth specifying how much data and what speed.  
You can check options on all the telco websites and select accordingly.

I’ve got no idea . I guess 10g would be enough for a video call a day?! As for speed, whatever speed you would need for a video call.
Can you suggest any Thai telcos I could have a look at?

Zeb
10 minutes ago, Mai-ped said:

I’ve got no idea emoji2359.png. I guess 10g would be enough for a video call a day?! As for speed, whatever speed you would need for a video call.
Can you suggest any Thai telcos I could have a look at?

Try AIS or DATC

http://www.ais.co.th/en/

http://www.dtac.co.th/en/prepaid/

Unless you are a heavy data user you should find a package well under 2000 Baht per month, even under 1000 Baht pm.

Are you in Thailand atm - if so go into one of the telcos retail shops or Tukcom or Central Festival in Pattaya.

If arriving soon you can pickup a SIM at the airport or the next day in Pattaya etc.

petehoax

it's A LOT cheaper than 2000thb / month. if it's not a prepaid tourist sim, cost should be maybe 400-500 thb / month or so? you can check out dtac, ais & true

do i understand you correctly: you want to buy a sim card for your "girlfriend" so that she can always make video calls with you and doesn't have an excuse that she cannot do it because of "shitty wifi"? 

hioctane

The 3 major carriers are AIS, DTAC and True. You can get a 4mbps unlimited plan for about 600 baht for 30 days.

Mai-ped
it's A LOT cheaper than 2000thb / month. if it's not a prepaid tourist sim, cost should be maybe 400-500 thb / month or so? you can check out dtac, ais & true

do i understand you correctly: you want to buy a sim card for your "girlfriend" so that she can always make video calls with you and doesn't have an excuse that she cannot do it because of "shitty wifi"? 

That’s the one . She calls every day, but the wifi is absolutely putrid!

ricktoronto
7 hours ago, petehoax said:

He has found the one girl in Pattaya without a data plan so call Guinness for the record book. 

She has internet and always has had it, and if this goes right she has another 2,000B a month for something that costs 1/4 of that. 

hioctane

A girl told me is was better in the days when there was no video chat. They could tell sponsors they were anywhere! These days you could also turn on GPS tracking.

NotASexTorist
Posted (edited)

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/sim-true-4g-4mbps-i276375772-s441307656.html is what you need. 1765 baht for the whole year.

Yes, that is AU$80 for the whole year for truly unlimited data at 4 Mbps(0.5 MB/s)

That is fast enough for video chat;

Skype.png.9ed86c9721817910306a894423ba606a.png

If you aren't sure that she's going to be around for long, here is a cheaper option; https://www.lazada.co.th/products/true-4mbps-200100gb-6-i265207202-s412358601.html 899 baht for 200GB over six months. AU$41

If she insists that she needs faster, she can get unlimited 6 Mbps(0.75 MB/s) for six months for 1926 baht (AU$88) http://www.mybycat.com/en/PrePay.php?package=90_แพ็กเกจเสริม-my-เน็ตเพลิน-1,-4,-6-Mbps

If she can get high speeds with DTAC, they do 10 Mbps(1.25MB/s). 10 Mbps over ninety days for 1391 baht. AU$63

So no 2000 baht a month nonsense. 

She doesn't need calls, as everyone calls over 4G/WiFi these days.

If she doesn't want to change the SIM in her phone ;) A 4G MiFi can cost around 1500 baht; https://www.lazada.co.th/products/huawei-e5573-322-4g-mobile-mifi-dongle-lte-wifi-router-pocket-wifi-aisdtactrue-unlocked-i102974960-s103324116.html

Like others on this thread, I suspect that she is pulling the wool over your eyes.

Edited by NotASexTorist

todd2rip
On 29/05/2019 at 15:30, hioctane said:

The 3 major carriers are AIS, DTAC and True. You can get a 4mbps unlimited plan for about 600 baht for 30 days.

....do you get at retail store or can u get the above package at a 7-11. ?

I need service for 3 months and have been told that I am way overpaying by getting my sim card and package at the airport. 

btw, just using line app, TF and still need to be able to make local calls to girls occasionally 

hioctane
....do you get at retail store or can u get the above package at a 7-11. ?

I need service for 3 months and have been told that I am way overpaying by getting my sim card and package at the airport. 
btw, just using line app, TF and still need to be able to make local calls to girls occasionally 

Reuse the same SIM, top up and add a data plan.