IGNORED

review - adelphi hotel pattaya

holonia

used this forum and now i give a liitle back :)

adelphi hotel 

-the look outside (not fancey - but looks new and modern)
after few rotten house the hotel looks very modern , to tell the true ... it looks new. 
for me the location was ok due to close israeli restaurant "the place" (for me its great rest.. you should try_
-rooms(great) 
i order the cheap room and it include a small balcony
in the price of 1100 baht its a great price 
the room look new , its clean with nice deck.. just great
the only thing negative was the tricky hot/cold water but you can manage :)
pool (great)
good size with a bar and long happy hour time
 , not tiny like other places
gym ( this is not a gym) - big downside
in the size of a big shower - its a joke.... need to go to tony fit..
breakfast (ok)
you can get egg by order but nothing fancy , and most of the i didnt wake up

so what do i think ...

for price of 35 usd (plus breakfast) you get a like new room
little noise (very little) , no gym , location not the best but close to what i need

8.5/10 

ad1.jpg

ad2.jpg

ad3.jpg

Good review ! I was staying there the last 2 weeks too and the one negative for me was the pressure of the water. It was pretty bad, not enough for me to change hotel, but I probably won't come back.

I just stayed there 2 weeks ago...  booked the big premier room... I thought it was nice and quiet, close to LK Metro with motos/laundry/TT close by.  I had no water pressure problems and always made it home in time for a drunk 6:30am breakfast lol.... but....

Two huge downfalls for me, and the reasons I wont stay here again:

(1) A 20+ guest age policy...  This one caught me off guard and nearly ruined my night (slipped a guy 100bt but had to have her out of my room before breakfast)

(2) the gym was terrible - only light freeweights, a treadmill that shocks you every 5min, and half-broken AC unit

• 1 month later...

Has the construction finished? Crane still there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
On 07/07/2019 at 15:58, SpainLow said:

Has the construction finished? Crane still there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yes. new hotel behind open. called amber

• 4 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Hoelder said:

Beginner's question: So the hotel doesn't charge for joiner?

No not for one joiner, not sure about a 2nd joiner though, i stayed there and only ever brought one girl back at a time.

• 6 months later...

I stayed here recently. It is in a convenient location and good value for money. Before going into some of the negatives I want to make it clear that I recommend this hotel and will consider staying here again myself.

My biggest gripe was the number of mosquitoes. I saw them buzzing around in the breakfast room, reception area,  the gym, outside the lifts, in the corridor and there was even one in the room. I killed 4. This hotel has the most of any I have stayed at. It may not matter to everyone but it will to mosquito magnets.

The breakfast room is small compared to the number of guests. It was sometimes necessary to share tables. That actually got me chatting to a fellow Brit. The buffet was limited and repetitive. The staff were friendly. They were hot on clearing up tables quickly. They were slow on replacing items like breakfast bowls, saucers etc... I needed to ask for things a few times. It was always delivered quickly and with a smile.

The exercise room is small and can't really be called a gym. Water and towels were provided. Most of the time I was the only person using it. The room is small and the air-con cools it down well when it is on. It was 30/31C to begin with if no-one had used it before. One day it was 23C after someone else had left the air-con on. I had no problems with the running machine. In fact the runs were done at a cooler temperature  than anywhere else I have stayed. For weights there is a pecs machine for fly/reverse fly plus dumb-bells. I don't go to a gym at home so it wasn't an issue for me. It only took 1 other person to make the room feel very small. We were then both asking 'have you finished with that' a lot.

I only really noticed the other guests at breakfast. The vast majority were white which I found unusual, The hotel was full occupancy so it wasn't due to missing Chinese tourists. There was also a high proportion of males in singles or pairs. There were few families with small kids. They were Indian and Thai. I have only stayed here once so obviously could get a different experience next time.

I had no problems with water pressure, The shower drained very, very slowly. It turned into a paddling pool each time I used it.

The 2 free bottles of water were in glass bottles. That stopped me taking them out of the room.

A room card is needed to use the lift except when going down to the ground floor. I didn't use TF/Line to summon a guest on this trip. Presumably reception would either call you down or send them up.

• Like 2