IGNORED

Electricity controlled by room key?

Danolo

Another thing that pisses me off is when someone sits in their car with engine on running the air con whilst they eat their lunch!

15 hours ago, ShortTime said:

Why would you need to run the air conditioner when youre not in the room? The bed doesn’t care what temp the room is!

But the bed will absorb BTU's and will add to energy needed to bring temps back down. When we arrive at the condo for a beach stay it takes nearly a day to stabilize it comfortable temp. While visiting we will run one unit 24/7 and sure if turning off depending on how long we will be gone that day it will save energy - but not a lot. The same occurs when we return to Udon Thani, AC's  (inverters) run full tilt for a day and a half, simply because the inner walls are heat saturated. Not a tree hugger or flag waver, just trying to get by and not SWEAT the small stuff.

1 hour ago, jetdoc said:

But the bed will absorb BTU's and will add to energy needed to bring temps back down. When we arrive at the condo for a beach stay it takes nearly a day to stabilize it comfortable temp. While visiting we will run one unit 24/7 and sure if turning off depending on how long we will be gone that day it will save energy - but not a lot. The same occurs when we return to Udon Thani, AC's  (inverters) run full tilt for a day and a half, simply because the inner walls are heat saturated. Not a tree hugger or flag waver, just trying to get by and not SWEAT the small stuff.

I used to work in an air conditioned office years ago and couldn’t tolerate any heat whatsoever and would sweat just thinking about a summers day. Then I discovered that the sitting in an air conditioned room softened me up. Once I left the office environment I found that I could tolerate more heat and became more resilient or not as soft! Now I hardly use an air conditioner even in Pattaya! And i find that i can walk around in the midday heat with only slightly sweating compared to others I see that are walking around drenched in sweat probably because they are addicted to air conditioners. Food for thought!

On 28/05/2019 at 22:08, Danolo said:

I was looking at the Sutus hotel…………..

Hey Danilo.  Someone has bumped your years old thread.

Bring a church key for 2 reasons.

1)  use it in the key slot to keep the power on when going out.

2)  use it to open your Chang Beer when you come back to your room or when catching some rays by the pool.

Sutus is a good budget hotel with a nice pool and jacuzzi on the upper level.

F61AC80E-E43C-4583-A24B-2596FB5A9BA7.png

94CE6AFA-0F7F-4157-8099-FFB89C7A56BB.jpeg

DEB87DDD-D393-4ADF-8297-475503A37275.jpeg

3EF67925-6F84-40B5-95B2-84211ECDE90C.jpeg

E7A90038-FCEB-4928-8B74-299067FBA713.jpeg

F5493073-9A20-4FFC-94C3-CCBA91D2D6B6.jpeg

20 hours ago, Gary Loei said:

I guess I'm the only one who is happy for the hotel to save a bit of money. It is a small inconvenience to wait for the room to cool back off. Saving a little electricity helps keep the room rates as cheap as they are. I have seen guys leave the balcony doors open and the aircon on high. I view this as the guy being an asshole.

So right. i almost never use aircon, my condo. Don't like it.... But maybe some people can't live without it for 5 minutes. idk... personal issues and preferences.

When i was new and naïve i was putting it on for shortimes only, but now after hundreds of STs, if the girl start to cry "Rooooon, Roooooon", I just tell her, well if you are hot just quickly remove your clothes then :GrinNod1:

2 hours ago, ShortTime said:

And i find that i can walk around in the midday heat with only slightly sweating compared to others I see that are walking around drenched in sweat probably because they are addicted to air conditioners.

Just a WAG, I sweat like a pig, probably cause I'm fat, I invest in AC cause I like it and would feel dirt dumb stupid if I didn't use ir.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Whalley said:

Hey Danilo.  Someone has bumped your years old thread.

Sutus is a good budget hotel with a nice pool and jacuzzi on the upper level.

DEB87DDD-D393-4ADF-8297-475503A37275.jpeg

Actually more than 2 years old thread by the OP who has never been to Thailand.

Perfectly good rooms and good air con, that does not need to be left on when you go out, it chills down fast.

Comfortable beds provided by a direct from factory supplier http://vonorfivestars.com/product.html very comfortable beds, which is important to me.

I have since bought a bed from this supplier for my own place in Thailand.

Very central and walking district to popular places. 

The security guys are really helpful.

Easy car and motorbike parking.

The bitch is the reception staff - who are not so great.

I simply do not talk to them, talk to the great security guys for what you want. IMHO

I took my car there 2 times and the security guys were great, helping with bags and looking after the car 24 hours.

I now live in Pattaya, when my friends come to visit, I would recommend this hotel.

3 hours ago, ShortTime said:

I used to work in an air conditioned office years ago and couldn’t tolerate any heat whatsoever and would sweat just thinking about a summers day. Then I discovered that the sitting in an air conditioned room softened me up. Once I left the office environment I found that I could tolerate more heat and became more resilient or not as soft! Now I hardly use an air conditioner even in Pattaya! And i find that i can walk around in the midday heat with only slightly sweating compared to others I see that are walking around drenched in sweat probably because they are addicted to air conditioners. Food for thought!

Similarly found adapting to the heat is better than trying to escape it. Not good for health constantly changing between hot and cold. If possible take a well ventilated room on an upper floor which has windows that allow a flow of air.

When I lived in Thailand I never used air-con at home, avoided malls and air-con transport….. always got around by m/c, owned or rented. 

When visiting I use air-con lodgings the first couple of nights, then non air-con.

Many years living in Phoenix, south west, and Hawaii, do very well in the heat, but hey sometime I like to chill.

• 4 weeks later...
On 03/09/2021 at 11:16, ShortTime said:

Food for your thought, not mine. 

Jack

On 03/09/2021 at 00:16, ShortTime said:

Its called air conditioning for a reason. 

2 hours ago, axunjaxn said:

Food for your thought, not mine. 

Jack

I prefer my food warm not chilled 

On 29/05/2019 at 11:08, Danolo said:

I saw a couple of YouTube videos of hotels in Pattaya, and a couple of them showed the user's key card inserted in a slot by the door.

I believe this activates the electricity, right?  Sol, no leaving the AC on for a cool return?  Is this common in many places in Pattaya..

I was looking at the Sutus hotel. That's about my budget... 800 - 1000 baht per night.

As others have pointed out the average hotel room will go from tepid to cold in 2 minutes. If it doesn't you have a crap aircon and that can certainly be the case in the cheaper places.

Think laterally too bro' - in general (crappy exchange rates apart) Thai hotels are pretty darn cheap. If every guest left the leccy on all day the prices would go up.............. then we would all be unhappy.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!