Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Luxury Pattaya Condo Rentals | Le Pub Soi Diamond | Pattaya Investigations | Beavers Pattaya | Pattaya News | Pattaya Bars | The Night Wish Group | Add your Text or Event here

medie3val

Hilton review

tangotango

You would Def have better chance for upgrade with cash booking.

Think they are having an Asia pac sale atm. Roughly 5.5k baht per night 

Luv2Phuket
On 26/06/2019 at 08:11, Luv2Phuket said:

Instead, if I can squeeze in a trip around Labor day,  I plan to PAY to stay at the Hilton.  The rate would be far lower than the effective rate of $240, I should have a better chance of a room upgrade (as HHonors Diamond) and the spend from that stay should push me over (or at least get me much closer to) the 240,000 needed for 5 nights.  Plus, my Hilton AMEX card gets me an annual free weekend night + a $250 credit at certain Hilton resorts, which includes the Pattaya Hilton.  That credit can be used on room rates, so I could still get 3 nights for very little actual cash outlay.

Following up on this post from late June, about a week later, I decided to see if I could swing a trip that included the July 4 holiday (here in USA) and the 5th, which was pretty much a dead day, work-wise.

I was able to score flights using miles (not great times, though) and ended up spending 3 nights in Bangkok (had a BOGO certificate from InterContinetal that was expiring in October and a free night cert that was expiring in September) and 4 nights at the Hilton in Pattaya.

Of my 4 nights, 1 was covered by an annual free weekend night certificate.  It was just issued in June, so I was in no hurry to use it and, based on my room rate, I probably should have saved it for another stay, since it is available for use at almost any Hilton property.  That said, because I am often staying somewhere just to use it before it expires, using it for this stay seemed somewhat logical.  

I booked the other 3 nights on a rate that had to be cancelled 3 days in advance (in case something came up that caused me to cancel), then, right before I left, I cancelled that booking and re-booked at a pre-pay/nonrefundable rate of around $140 per night.  As noted above, my AMEX has an annual $250 credit that would have expired at year end, and I had no other plans to use it.  I have already received the credit, which knocked a good chunk off of the $450 or so room rate charge.

At check-in, I was upgraded to a one bedroom suite with a tub on the balcony -- not a jacuzzi; just a plain tub.  At first, there was a chance I would have to switch to a different room for the 2nd night, but they were able to clear it for me to stay there all 4 nights. 

At the rate I paid, it was a FANTASTIC deal.  Looking at my Honors account, I earned 17,836 points, and I should get another 9,000 more when my  AMEX bill posts at the end of the month.  I'm still gonna be about 13,000 Honors points shy of the 240k needed for 5 nights.

The room has the same scuffs, scrapes and other issues noted above.  There were 3 lights on the balcony - 1 was fine, 1 was burned out and the 3rd was flickering/about to burn out.  Same issues with drainage in the shower -- it leaked onto the bathroom floor (but the foot towel kept it contained), and it wouldn't drain very well (parts of the shower seemed lower than the drain).

I got a survey request from Hilton and submitted it to them.  I made the suggestion that, although it would be expensive, they should consider taking one floor "off line" for about a week to so to go in an extensively fix/repair/clean-up all of the scuffs, scrapes and minor maintenance issues that have accumulated over the years.  They could even do it a half-floor at a time, but it is impossible to do while the rooms are all in use.

When I checked in, the girl noted that it was my 13th stay at the Pattaya Hilton.  That surprised me -- I knew that I stayed there often, but 13 is a high number, especially when you factor in that the hotel has only been open since November 2010 (less than 9 years).

baconator15

Similar experience overall, in executive plus oceanview room. My first room's AC was barely functional and they had to relocate me to a different ex plus room with just a bit better AC. I set AC to something like 15C and the room would still feel pretty hot in the day. Furniture is worn, skid marks here and there, wallpapers peeling off at corners.

But that balcony bath was amazing (although I had to clean it with water every once in a while to get the dead bugs away) and view was stunning. Executive lounge was great and staffs were hella friendly. I'd definitely go back.

Luv2Phuket
27 minutes ago, baconator15 said:

Furniture is worn, skid marks here and there, wallpapers peeling off at corners.

That's what I find so frustrating - these should not be expensive issues to fix/clean up.  They just need to take the time to do them.

nzwolfgang

Someone posted a Hilton review about a month ago and the room was in very poor condition, dings in the walls, water damage etc. 

thumper64
54 minutes ago, baconator15 said:

skid marks here and there

OMG!

They hadn’t changed the sheets either..................

ipman123

Will be staying here in September. Do diamond get upgraded? Also i see we have a few churners in here.

Luv2Phuket
Will be staying here in September. Do diamond get upgraded? Also i see we have a few churners in here.

I have received upgrades on my last few trips as Diamond.

Last trip, it looked like I might have to switch rooms, but they worked it out and I was in a suite the entire time.

Trip before, I got upgraded to a suite for one night, then to an oceanfront room for the remainder of my stay.

You should get upgraded to Executive room at a minimum.

A lot of it depends on how full they are and how long your stay is. September is low season, so you should be good.

At the breakfast buffet, they will bring you a little extra “treat” for being Diamond. One trip it was mango with sticky rice; another it was some kind of cracker/cookie thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ipman123
1 hour ago, Luv2Phuket said:

I have received upgrades on my last few trips as Diamond.

Last trip, it looked like I might have to switch rooms, but they worked it out and I was in a suite the entire time.

Trip before, I got upgraded to a suite for one night, then to an oceanfront room for the remainder of my stay.

You should get upgraded to Executive room at a minimum.

A lot of it depends on how full they are and how long your stay is. September is low season, so you should be good.

At the breakfast buffet, they will bring you a little extra “treat” for being Diamond. One trip it was mango with sticky rice; another it was some kind of cracker/cookie thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How discreet is bringing a girl back into the room. I hate walking past reception to get back into my room. Probably will be with 3-4 different girls throughout the day everyday.

Roadglide

Day time no issue, however after about 6pm they step up their observation and you should expect to ask your date to leave her ID at the desk downstairs.  If your girl is 18 or 19, they will refuse you entry with her, so make sure you check that ID card at the bar before you agree to a barfine.

Luv2Phuket

@Roadglide Speaketh the gospel!  I got cock-blocked with a 19 year old and was NOT happy about it.

The elevators that connect the Hilton to Central Festival run until 11 p.m. (when Central Festival closes).  Pretty sure that they do not start until 11 a.m. (when Central Festival opens).  

Very easy - from Central Festival, just select the 7th floor, and it takes you to the lobby level, but on the opposite side of the guest room elevators than the reception desk.  That allows you to go up to your room without being seen.

In the evening, when you come in on the ground level, there is a security guy at the desk who will (usually) check the girl's ID.  It doesn't happen every time, but more often than not.

Other BMs have reported that they just walked by him, but haven't tried that if/when he has asked me to stop.

Roadglide
2 hours ago, Luv2Phuket said:

@Roadglide Speaketh the gospel!  I got cock-blocked with a 19 year old and was NOT happy about it.

The elevators that connect the Hilton to Central Festival run until 11 p.m. (when Central Festival closes).  Pretty sure that they do not start until 11 a.m. (when Central Festival opens).  

Very easy - from Central Festival, just select the 7th floor, and it takes you to the lobby level, but on the opposite side of the guest room elevators than the reception desk.  That allows you to go up to your room without being seen.

In the evening, when you come in on the ground level, there is a security guy at the desk who will (usually) check the girl's ID.  It doesn't happen every time, but more often than not.

Other BMs have reported that they just walked by him, but haven't tried that if/when he has asked me to stop.

Daytime, say between noon and 6pm you "should" be ok to enter via the elevators that connect with the mall, however, they do occasionally post an employee at a desk to keep an eye on people coming and going that route, so if you are trying to sneak in a Soi 6 girl or a Soi honey massage girl that is older than 18 but younger than 20, you "could" have an issue.

What I would suggest is that you say you are a guest of the hotel, and your taking your "friend" to the pool...

Jake.houston

I did a 10 night stay at the Hilton in Jan-Feb of this year. I think there are some photos on here somewhere of my room.

I used points and ended up using 320K for the stay. I am a diamond member so I did get the room upgrade to a top floor with ocean view. One tip if you have some level of Hilton status is to contact the hotel before you arrive and request an upgrade. Go crazy and ask for the moon. I have gotten it before. In Tokyo a few years ago I ended up in their presidential suite after just one email telling them it was my birthday and I wanted to celebrate. It wasn’t, and I did. Any way, they will normally try and give you whatever their best upgrade is if you ask in advance.

The girl age issue is real. I had it happen to me. Girl said she was 20, mommason said so too. Gave reception her ID and we headed upstairs. We get in the room and I get in the shower. As I am getting out the phone rings. It is the night manager telling me the guard made a mistake and the guest is only 19 and can’t stay in the room. I’m dripping wet, not too happy and I tell the manager I will send her down.

Out she goes. No baht for you. I’ll fight for my barfine tomorrow. At this point the phone rings again and it is the manager telling me she was coming up to my room to collect the girl because she had not yet come down. Um, well, come the fuck on then. The girl had been gone only 5-10 minutes. Chances were she was lost trying to get the heck out of the place. Either way, she wasn’t in my room and this was going to get ugly.

I’m near nekkid in a towel when the door bell rings and a late 20’s Thai woman and two house security guys stand in the front of my door. I proceed to drape the towel down until it barely covers anything and open the door. The female manager about shits herself when the door opens. WTF!

I let the guard guys in. They ramble around, check the toilet, shower, balcony, by the bed, and just all around until they realize what I had already told everyone, she’s fucking gone!

Next day I set up a meeting with the property manager. I explain the entire situation. Specifically the fact that his people are the ones that allowed up a prohibited person even after looking at her ID, then began a series of harassing contacts with me in order to get the guest that should have been stopped at the front door leave the hotel.

I laid out the issue with the manager harassing me and bringing her “muscle” to come and search my room for something that had long ago vanished.

I complained loudly and often. Not yelling or screaming, just forceful enough to let him know I wasn’t a push over.

Final outcome, I was credited back 50% of my points for the stay. I didn’t stay there on my next trip. I find the Hiltons in BKK a much better point value compared to the Patts Hilton. Not near as showing of their wear either. 

But those beds in the Patts Hilton are freaking awesome. Too good in fact. Many days, I would just lay in the bed and listen to music. I wasted so many hours doing that. I specifically went back to VT6 on my next trip. Comfortable, but not nice enough to waste the day lounging around.

hillshillshills510

Weird I was there in November. Girl I brought back eventually said she was 19 (didn't really talk about it before but mentioned it after grabbing her ID in the morning)... no issue with the guard taking her ID street level. Did it two nights in a row. Maybe she was actually 20. 

I had a lower room but similar issue with scuffs, water damage, etc. I had the same thought of man they really need to step up their maintenance game. I liked the location but I'm not sure if I'll be back mainly due to the room condition and price. 

Whiskyjack

I had an issue with the Hilton guard at the lifts on the first night of my previous stay back in end of April.

My barfine didn't have any ID on her.  (She had a photo of her ID on her phone and was 20 though).  Basically he wouldn't let her through; she would have to go to Jomtien to pick up her ID.

I was a bit drunk and basically kicked up a huge fuss (I was a cash suite customer) and unleashed a huge barrage of prolonged verbal abuse at the guy, to the extent that after about ten minutes the manager came downstairs to manage the situation. Basically I ended up just signing a waiver form and the girl was allowed upstairs.  I also called the night guard an absolute disgrace of a human being in full hearing of all his colleagues and the manager as I was going upstairs, must have been a total loss of face for him.

Not once in the next four nights was I ever stopped by anybody at the elevators again :Dance1:

petehoax
8 hours ago, Whiskyjack said:

I had an issue with the Hilton guard at the lifts on the first night of my previous stay back in end of April.

My barfine didn't have any ID on her.  (She had a photo of her ID on her phone and was 20 though).  Basically he wouldn't let her through; she would have to go to Jomtien to pick up her ID.

I was a bit drunk and basically kicked up a huge fuss (I was a cash suite customer) and unleashed a huge barrage of prolonged verbal abuse at the guy, to the extent that after about ten minutes the manager came downstairs to manage the situation. Basically I ended up just signing a waiver form and the girl was allowed upstairs.  I also called the night guard an absolute disgrace of a human being in full hearing of all his colleagues and the manager as I was going upstairs, must have been a total loss of face for him.

Not once in the next four nights was I ever stopped by anybody at the elevators again :Dance1:

so you behaved like an absolute asshole and are still very proud of it. 

:Crazy1:

Whiskyjack
18 hours ago, petehoax said:

so you behaved like an absolute asshole and are still very proud of it. 

:Crazy1:

Not proud, telling people who might want to know, how to get past the Hilton ID policy rather than have their night unexpectedly ruined.

Don't be so quick to judge.

nzwolfgang
On 11/12/2019 at 20:04, Whiskyjack said:

Pity they didn’t throw you out.  What a big baby. 

SiamDreamer
On 30/05/2019 at 15:35, medie3val said:

I know, you can't expect perfection, but at $250-300 a night I feel like there should only be one or two maintenance issues like these. 

Yes. Totally unacceptable at the price range. Even Bay Breeze and Travel Lodge have better maintained rooms for far less. 

likeaking
On 10/12/2019 at 23:04, Whiskyjack said:

I don't think the security gurard lost much face among his peers considering from whom the abuse was coming from. 

Edited by likeaking

anon99

Someone told me they charge another 1500 baht for guests, but reading the posts above this doesn't seem to be the case since no one mentioned it. I stayed at the Avani before and they didn't charge another fee. Does Hilton?

Luv2Phuket
2 hours ago, anon99 said:

Someone told me they charge another 1500 baht for guests, but reading the posts above this doesn't seem to be the case since no one mentioned it. I stayed at the Avani before and they didn't charge another fee. Does Hilton?

I have stayed at the Hilton 13 times (at least that's what they told me on my last stay), and I have never been charged a joinder fee, either for one or two girls (have had multiple threesomes there).

anon99

Good to know thanks for the info. I may stay there on the next visit then.

Piece Corp

The condition of the rooms is amazing considering this hotel opened only 9 years ago, when I was living next door.

REAR_ENTRY

Never stayed in the Hilton but had a friend stay there and I'd say its not worth nowhere near even half the money per night. 

I've stayed in March hotel for £23 a night and would seriously say that even though the rooms are small they are nicer and more maintained than the Hilton. There's heaps of hotels for around the 1000-2000baht range with better rooms than the Hilton

I suppose with the Hilton you're paying for the view and the balcony bath tub. But I'd probably end up using it only once or twice if I stayed there. I spend too much of my time out partying and shagging in bed. 

One of the nicest rooms I've seen in Pattaya though was one of the upper floor rooms at [email protected] design hotel. A friend booked it for 2 nights for his birthday and it was unreal. Beats any room in Pattaya hands down it was like a full apartment with great views.