Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Hilton review

medie3val

Hey everyone. Quick review of my 15 day stay in the Executive ocean view room in the Hilton. This was back in 10/2018, but just getting around to leaving the review. 

Long story short - underwhelming. The view was amazing, but the room was very scuffed. Marks and damage on EVERYTHING. Water damage on the ceiling... chips on every single piece of furniture.. and I swear the floating hard would floor would bounce up half an inch like a trampoline everywhere you walked.  Here’s the worst part... the NOISE! OMG the noise!! If it wasn’t the Octoberfest band until 2am every night, it was the $#%#$% traffic cop with his whistle at the crack of dawn every morning ALL MORNING for the central festival.  Honestly, I got almost zero sleep the entire time. 

The good stuff?  Well, the shower was awesome. Taking a shower while overlooking the Pattaya bay was the best part of that room. Absolutely epic.  The staff was pretty attentive, although there was this german guy manning the buffet I wanted to hit in the face for his snobby attitude. Dude.. you’re manning a buffet man.. not the matra’d of an exclusive french restaraunt. 

The funniest, and most unfortunate part? The damn balcony jacuzzi hand rail broke right off in my hand the first time I went to get in, and I broke my hand. Yep. I broke my hand in the middle of my Pattaya trip. It swelled up twice it’s size.  I toughed it out and finished the trip without going to the hospital, but it still hurts when I move it the wrong way even now six months later.  Hilton corporate comped me $100 of my $3000 stay.  :-| 

thanks. what floor did you stay in? 
i was staying on the 28th (same room category) and didn't have a problem with noise (but it's also not something that's bothering me normally...)
yes, you can hear the beach road traffic a little bit, but i wouldn't call it noise. but of course, that's something highly individual! 

sucks about the hand. 

for me, i didn't have any problem with "marks and damages". (again, not doubting you at all, just adding my 2 cents for anyone who reads this... YMMV)

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.

I recently spent 5 nights there and enjoyed it. After 15 nights without sleep and a broken hand no wonder it's taken 6 months to do a review. I hope you got stuck into Hilton corporate about the snobby German and the policeman's whistle when pleading for a $100 refund. I would have asked for at least $110 especially because of the scuffed furniture. 

Staying there soon and had a couple questions for anyone with experience.

1) If you get a girl off TF or online do you have to physically go down to the lobby or do they just ring your room?

2) Also does anyone happen to know their policy on bringing more than one girl back at the same time? Thanks

1) you need to "pick" them up in the lobby on the 16th floor. they can go to the lobby on their own, but for the upper floors (separate elevator) you need a key card. 

2) assuming you come back while the rooftop bar is still open (iirc it closes 2am): shouldn't be a problem, you can always say you go there... 
afterwards: don't know. they always wanted the girl's ID at the bottom entrance when i came back late at night with a girl. 

remember that the girls need to be 20+ (that's the case for many hotels). 

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.

Now that I'm not on mobile, here's photos of the room. I know, you can't expect perfection, but at $250-300 a night I feel like there should only be one or two maintenance issues like these.  I stayed about four floors from the top. I don't remember exactly the room. 

IMG_0343.JPG

IMG_0344.JPG

IMG_0345.JPG

IMG_0346.JPG

IMG_0347.JPG

IMG_0348.JPG

IMG_0349.JPG

IMG_0352.JPG

IMG_0354.JPG

IMG_0355.JPG

IMG_0361.JPG

IMG_0339.JPG

IMG_0340.JPG

IMG_0341.JPG

IMG_0342.JPG

visited the hotel for one day in tex mex day.. 

food was expensive and the buffet didnt include drinks...

the only part that look very nice in this hotel is the rest... didnt like the hotel and i dont think it was worth the money

Wow. That is terrible. You should consider posting to tripadvisor and include those photos. Certainly I would want to be warned about the conditions of the rooms when considering the Hilton. If these are the Executive club rooms, I can just imagine what the regular rooms look like...

• Like 2

On 03/06/2019 at 22:34, holonia said:

visited the hotel for one day in tex mex day.. 

food was expensive and the buffet didnt include drinks...

the only part that look very nice in this hotel is the rest... didnt like the hotel and i dont think it was worth the money

How much did you pay for a buffet that you expected to include drinks in a 5* hotel?

There is a drinks package available for the evening buffets.

those pics of the room being scuffed out makes me think that room should be no more than $35 a night lol

• Like 2

WOW!!! your room was trashed, I stayed there the last week of April, and my room was in much, much better shape.  

You should forward those photos to Hilton corporate and follow up with them, $100 for the handrail breaking your hand is a joke.

Edited by Roadglide
additional text

My room had similar scuffs and scrapes, but not that water damage that bad or what looks like possible black mold!

One of the issue I had was how badly the shower flooded the bathroom floor.  It would completely soak the foot towel that I placed outside of it.

Unfortunately, I'm Hilton Diamond, have a shitload of Honors points and get an annual $250 credit vs spend at the Pattaya Hilton (among some others), so I'll likely be back there on my next trip (if I can squeeze one in before my November trip) or next year.

Great location, but, for a hotel of its standards (and price), they should spend more time on maintenance issues.  Maybe take a room offline for a week every now and then and fix all of the shit?

Here are a few photos of the wear and tear in my room this past November (one of the Oceanfront rooms, for which they charge a higher rate)

IMG_1721.jpg

IMG_1725.jpg

IMG_1726.jpg

If a prime property like Hilton is getting worn down that way, I think we shouldn't blame the less expensive one's for their shoddy infra. Damn

To put more salt on the wound, they just increase the point needed for 1 night from 50,000 to 60,000 per. 

Last year, they put me in the executive room with many scuffs too. I went back to the check in desk, complained about it and they moved me to a 1 br ocean suit. I have diamond status with them so maybe that helps a little. I am coming back in July and planning a 3 day weekend there but the condition of their room is making me reconsidered.

14 minutes ago, h.harris said:

To put more salt on the wound, they just increase the point needed for 1 night from 50,000 to 60,000 per. 

Last year, they put me in the executive room with many scuffs too. I went back to the check in desk, complained about it and they moved me to a 1 br ocean suit. I have diamond status with them so maybe that helps a little. I am coming back in July and planning a 3 day weekend there but the condition of their room is making me reconsidered.

Fuck!  I hadn't noticed that!

That makes a 5 night stay bump from 200,000 points to 240,000 (using their "use points for 4; get the 5th night free" system).  That's a big fucking jump!

It used to bring it down to 40,000 points per night, but the "effective rate" is now 48,000 points per night if you book 5 nights on points.

My next points stay there very well may be my last, as it takes FOREVER to earn that kind of points (I was set to get my account to 200,000 to cash it out for 5 nights....now I'm 40,000 points short!). 

Those rates are just too far out of whack with the Holiday Inn (25,000 IHG points) or the InterContinental (35,000 IHG points), especially since I have an IHG credit card that gets me a 4th night free when I use points for 3 nights. 

I wish Marriott had a viable option in Pattaya, but that Courtyard location or the Renaissance way south just don't work for me.

2 hours ago, h.harris said:

Am lucky.. I just booked my 5 nights plus my free weekend night from my Amex card for new years 2020 last week before the increase.    My room in May was not that bad.  But I had big executive plus room.   There was some wear and tear though.   I think the place just needs a remodel in general.  Some of those things not maintenance but a need to just replace things.  

how are the rooms in other Beach Road hotels - Hard Rock, Holiday Inn, Amari, etc - in better shape, less mold/wear&tear etc?  I was at the Hilton rooftop bar (outside) the other day for the first time, and they had a happy hour - 2 for 1 drinks off of a select list... very nice views... and drinks were decent enough and with 2 for 1, not all that expensive...other than a cigar smoking farang customer belching out what I am sure he considered to be fine upscale smoke aromas, and what I consider to be horribly offensive, not unlike aged smokeN Hotter N Hot LadyBoy schema (so I am told) - other than that, it was a good/mighyFINE experience...    

Retired in Pattaya, Thailand - arrived April 1, 2014... Ohhhhh yeahhhhhh... LiveN my dream!

:GrinNod1:  :GoldenSmile1:  :24:

• 2 weeks later...

The 50k-60k jump came out of nowhere. I just had enough for a 5 night stay now I'm quite a bit off. Hopefully enojgh time to make up the difference 

Love the the outdoor tub on the executive plus rooms but how bloody long does it take to fill up

Edited by tangotango

On 10/06/2019 at 13:20, Luv2Phuket said:

I wish Marriott had a viable option in Pattaya, but that Courtyard location or the Renaissance way south just don't work for me.

I know the Renaissance, but I was not aware of new Courtyard location - since they lost the one that was there a few years ago. Where is it? Thanks 

10 hours ago, norton said:

I know the Renaissance, but I was not aware of new Courtyard location - since they lost the one that was there a few years ago. Where is it? Thanks 

My bad - I was talking about the FORMER Courtyard property.  It appears that, like the Avani, it is no longer a Marriott property. 

The Renaissance looks nice, but it is WAAAAAAAY out of town.  I'll put up with the inconvenience of being at the InterContinental in Phra Tamnak, but the Renaissance just looks like it is too far away for me.

My experience is similar, in the king deluxe ocean suite with executive lounge access.

Water damage in some rooms I have had caused the wood floors to warp near the bathrooms.  I had one room with non-functional air conditioning in the bedroom - I asked to have the room changed before unpacking.

Rooms are of varying condition, but all are well-worn with the same chipped surfaces and damage shown in the photos above.

Noise facing north was pretty considerable, but I can sleep through it.  

The Hilton is acceptable (but expensive for what you get).

The 1BD suite at the Avani was older in decoration style, but in much better condition overall.  I miss the Marriott. 

On 10/06/2019 at 12:20, Luv2Phuket said:

It used to bring it down to 40,000 points per night, but the "effective rate" is now 48,000 points per night if you book 5 nights on points.

On 23/06/2019 at 00:00, tangotango said:

The 50k-60k jump came out of nowhere. I just had enough for a 5 night stay now I'm quite a bit off. Hopefully enojgh time to make up the difference 

I am in the same boat -- I am right around 197,000 HHonors points, but could easily make up the difference to 200,000 by using my Hilton AMEX card.  Getting to 240,000 is not near as easy.

Hilton is running a promotion where you get a 100% bonus on purchased points - https://onemileatatime.com/buy-hilton-points/

I checked, and my options were very limited -- I could either buy 40,000 points for $400 (getting me 80,000 points total) or I could by 80,000 points for $800 (getting me 160,000 points).

Doing the math, at .005 per point, the new "effective rate" of 48,000 points per night (on a 5 night stay) works out to $240 USD per night (the old effective rate of 40,000 points came out to $200/night).  While points bookings are fully refundable, I still think I can easily beat that "rate," especially if I am buying points to get there.  

If I could top off my account by buying 20,000 for $200 (and getting 40,000), I might consider it, but I cannot see buying 40,000 points to top off my account for the 5 award nights right now (and leaving me with either 40,000 or 120,000 unused points). 

Instead, if I can squeeze in a trip around Labor day,  I plan to PAY to stay at the Hilton.  The rate would be far lower than the effective rate of $240, I should have a better chance of a room upgrade (as HHonors Diamond) and the spend from that stay should push me over (or at least get me much closer to) the 240,000 needed for 5 nights.  Plus, my Hilton AMEX card gets me an annual free weekend night + a $250 credit at certain Hilton resorts, which includes the Pattaya Hilton.  That credit can be used on room rates, so I could still get 3 nights for very little actual cash outlay.