Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Warranty on Laptop Repair.

noshow

I got a new keyboard fitted on my laptop at Tukcom at a cost of 1.700 Bt. The repair man showed me it working

and it was fine. When I arrived home in Central Thailand, I found out there was no sound, it was OK when I handed it 

in for repair. I was handed a receipt, but apart from the cost, it was all in Thai. Does anyone know of the likelihood there 

may have been a warranty, maybe a month or so.

My own opinion is that when fitting the new keyboard, the repair guy has interfered with the sound in some way.

Can anyone help here? Thanks.

Hi. Just to be sure, your laptop tell you that you should have sound? (I mean indication of # for volume?). because most laptop have a combination of keys to switch On/Off the sound, and as you just changed the keyboard, maybe something with that? :unsure:

BTW the way laptop are built and assembled nowadays, I don't really see how else a change of keyboard could have "interfered" with the sound :unsure:

1 hour ago, Oukiva said:

Hi. Just to be sure, your laptop tell you that you should have sound? (I mean indication of # for volume?). because most laptop have a combination of keys to switch On/Off the sound, and as you just changed the keyboard, maybe something with that? :unsure:

BTW the way laptop are built and assembled nowadays, I don't really see how else a change of keyboard could have "interfered" with the sound :unsure:

When I click on the sound icon at the bottom right, It moves very little, and the little it does move, sometimes up and sometimes down. When I go to the windows settings and click on sound, nothing happens, so I must assume that it has something to do with the way the keyboard was fitted.

Is it normal to get warranties for repair jobs, maybe even a month?

Hum... Sorry can't help. :( . Could look as if the key corresponding to "sound down" is always pressed??

1 hour ago, noshow said:

Is it normal to get warranties for repair jobs, maybe even a month?

Yes. At least every time they change an electronic part there is a 1, 3 or 6 months warranty on this component and so on this reparation.

If you are not too far from the shop, yes it worth it to return and explain the problem. At least they may have a look and try to identify the cause.

22 minutes ago, Oukiva said:

Hum... Sorry can't help. :( . Could look as if the key corresponding to "sound down" is always pressed??

Yes. At least every time they change an electronic part there is a 1, 3 or 6 months warranty on this component and so on this reparation.

If you are not too far from the shop, yes it worth it to return and explain the problem. At least they may have a look and try to identify the cause.

Maybe I will, but I am 400 Ks from Pattaya, I just wish I could read Thai, I have the receipt. Thanks again.

• 1 year later...

Technical issue increase our frustration. I faced the same  warranty on laptop repair problem. But could not be understand that how can solve that problem.  I hard about the repair service center because expert technician can be solve that problem.

I'm assuming you are asking about the warranty of the service the repairman provides and not the warranty of the laptop itself.

Only way to find out about the service warranty is to come back and ask him.

it's rare to have a laptop keyboard replace so there can be issues as a result of it.  Probably would have been best to just get a usb + Bluetooth keyboard for your laptop and use that, costs about 700 to 1k baht.  

Alternatively, you can search youtube videos on keyboard replacement and try to open up your laptop and look for any loose / unconnected wires

Edited by rainman333