IGNORED

What visas required and what border runs needed for 1yr

Windsor

Hi guys

my boy is coming over next summer to study muai thai for a year.

i presume he can get a 60 day visa and then extend for another 30, but what visa runs will he need to do... he is staying in Chang mai.

can he just to land runs or will it be better to fly out for a weekend and fly back... if so whats best place to fly too.

Cheers for the help!

Entering at a land border without a visa (visa-exempt entry) is limited to two times per calendar year. 

I would suggest that he take the time to get another tourist visa after each 90 day stay in either Laos (Vientiane or Savannakhet) or Cambodia (Phnom Penh).

He could also try to get a multi-entry tourist visa for his first one while in his home country if possible.

Your boy should look into schools that help students with visas instead of living in Thailand on a tourist Visa.

Yes, have a look if any schools can help with an educational Visa.

Archived