Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

OA Visa question

thumper64

I am submitting for an OA Visa next week and have one question for anyone who has submitted for one in Australia.

I read somewhere while researching that one guy specifically stating that he had to get all copy documents signed by a JP prior to submitting. 

Is this correct as it does not say this on the Thai Embassy website?

Thanks

They usually want documents notarized so they are not getting forgeries. A notary does that hence the name of their job, but a JP would be a notary (as would a lawyer) but I doubt they would have the time. 

Typically you go to a notary with originals and they make copies for a fee and stamp them as to be copies of the original. They can't really say they are originals, because they may have no idea what a police report looks like or other documents. But a passport page or birth certificate they are probably more comfortable doing so. 

But it would be a crime to say they are originals and get a notary to stamp them as such. 

It's been a while , but I have never been charged a fee for notorisation in Australia ..JP or CD ..
But .. the Australian Embassy in BKK ..now that's another story ! About AUD $75 .

Sent from my Mi A2 Lite using Tapatalk

12 minutes ago, gusincebu said:

It's been a while , but I have never been charged a fee for notorisation in Australia ..JP or CD ..
But .. the Australian Embassy in BKK ..now that's another story ! About AUD $75 .

Thanks.

Have you applied for an OA in Australia and, if so, did you get copies notorised?

Try the website in Australia. The London one provides a link to a local company that notorises the docs

Thanks.
Have you applied for an OA in Australia and, if so, did you get copies notorised?
I have ..through West Perth consul which had to be referred on to Canberra ..
can't remember, but doesn't ring a bell.

54 minutes ago, Scuba+ said:

Try the website in Australia. The London one provides a link to a local company that notorises the docs

I am using the Australian website for the Thai Consulate and no mention 

Archived