IGNORED

Fun Golf 2009 with PCEC and Rabbi's Elephant Bar

Bob4you

Hi Bob, I live just outside of Pattaya but I work full time so can only make it during my time off in November.

Design is honest, advertising is lying

A group of like minded golfers meet once a week (Tuesdays) at 8am for breakfast at Bobby's new B99 eat all you want on Soi Diana in Renaissance Hotel. Then @ 8:45 we carpool to Plutaluong Navy Course (challenging 36 hole course) for a fun day of golf. No reservations, No Handicaps, no betting, just go out and play a fun game of Bingo Bango Bongo. Nobody will ask you what you shot on that last hole because “honors” goes to the first one who tees up. In US we call it “ready golf”.

There are no 2’s, closest to the pin, or longest drives that might embarrass the average golfer. If you are used to shooting 120 or 80 this is the place to come out and enjoy amateur golf with a bunch of fun loving guys who like to laugh and have fun. We play a format called “Bingo, Bango, Bongo”. Each group only competes with their own group, 3 points per hole, thus Bingo, Bango, Bongo, Bingo point goes to the first one on the green from the farthest away from the green. Bango point goes to whichever golfer is closest to the pin once everyone is on the green. Bongo point goes to whoever makes the longest putt. (Don’t try to learn the rules, someone in your group that knows the rules will keep score)

It does not matter how many strokes it took you to reach the green, nor, how many putts it took you to sink the longest putt, you still will win the point. We do have a few variations to the Standard PGA rules and most standard rules are ignored.

Examples. (*with no penalty)** only penalty is, you cannot win a Bingo point with that shot

• *Lift, clean and place within 12” allowed anywhere (no penalty).

• *Local rules of the course apply.

• ** Mulligan (tee up and hit again) allowed on every hole only if 1 of these apply.

1. If it didn’t go past the ladies tee.

2. It went into the water.

3. It went into the deep rough.

4. It went OB

• ** you are allowed to pick up your ball at anytime and move it to where you wish it had landed but didn’t.

• ** If you put the ball in the water and don’t want to waste another ball OK to drop on other side of the water.

• ** If you are in a sand trap with a high lip and you are having a difficult time getting out, it is OK to pick it up and throw it out if you want.

There are a few more slight variations to the rules but someone in your group will know the variations and keep the score. The best way to find out is to come out and join us. Remember the purpose of this group is to have fun, get some sun and exercise. It is not to learn the rules of golf or to embarrass anyone because of their stroke count.

Some of our recent winners

For more information call Hawaii Bob @0878296824 or e-mail [email protected], or PM or just show up at Rabbi's Elephant bar. No reservations required, transportation available for B200 r/t club rental B300 at course.

We play Plutaluong golf course every week because it has 36 challenging holes, we can always get on without reservations and it is amoung the least expensive courses around Pattaya

Winners from Sept 15th. I was absent that day and just got photos from the designated photographers. Winners from left to Right. Tim, John, Tom, Joe. Come join us if you want to have fun playing golf inexpensively.

Posted 17.JPG

Befor I never have play but this luck very good time fore person. Perhapses I vill try wen I arrive Pattaya. How must I get sticks und balls please?

You can rent clubs at the golf course and buy balls there too.

Befor I never have play but this luck very good time fore person. Perhapses I vill try wen I arrive Pattaya. How must I get sticks und balls please?

Good punctuation, shit grammar, strange combination,

You on a wind up? :Blow_Up:

What part of France are you from?

This week's winners with special congratulations to Dani Z who played his first round of golf with us last week, went to driving range for first time for 1 hour then came out and played again with our group and place 2nd in his grouping. Those of you who worry about your lack of golfing skills should come join us, it is not embarrassing but fun.

More good news, Bobby at B99 all you can eat for breakfast where we currently meet at 8am on Tuesdays has extended a special invitation to our club members that are light eaters, Toast and coffee or Toast and tea only B50 just tell waitress that Bobby ok'd it.

Posted 18.jpg

• 6 months later...