IGNORED

Fun Golf 2009 with PCEC and Rabbi's Elephant Bar

Bob4you

A group of like minded golfers meet once a week (Tuesdays) at 8am for breakfast at at Rabbi's Elephant Bar, Soi Boukeau and Soi 21. Then @ 8:45 we carpool to Plutaluong Navy Course (challenging 36 hole course) for a fun day of golf. No reservations, No Handicaps, no betting, just go out and play a fun game of Bingo Bango Bongo. Nobody will ask you what you shot on that last hole because “honors” goes to the first one who tees up. In US we call it “ready golf”.

There are no 2’s, closest to the pin, or longest drives that might embarrass the average golfer. If you are used to shooting 120 or 80 this is the place to come out and enjoy amateur golf with a bunch of fun loving guys who like to laugh and have fun. We play a format called “Bingo, Bango, Bongo”. Each group only competes with their own group, 3 points per hole, thus Bingo, Bango, Bongo, Bingo point goes to the first one on the green from the farthest away from the green. Bango point goes to whichever golfer is closest to the pin once everyone is on the green. Bongo point goes to whoever makes the longest putt. (Don’t try to learn the rules, someone in your group that knows the rules will keep score)

It does not matter how many strokes it took you to reach the green, nor, how many putts it took you to sink the longest putt, you still will win the point. We do have a few variations to the Standard PGA rules and most standard rules are ignored.

Examples. (*with no penalty)** only penalty is, you cannot win a Bingo point with that shot

• *Lift, clean and place within 12” allowed anywhere (no penalty).

• *Local rules of the course apply.

• ** Mulligan (tee up and hit again) allowed on every hole only if 1 of these apply.

1. If it didn’t go past the ladies tee.

2. It went into the water.

3. It went into the deep rough.

4. It went OB

• ** you are allowed to pick up your ball at anytime and move it to where you wish it had landed but didn’t.

• ** If you put the ball in the water and don’t want to waste another ball OK to drop on other side of the water.

• ** If you are in a sand trap with a high lip and you are having a difficult time getting out, it is OK to pick it up and throw it out if you want.

There are a few more slight variations to the rules but someone in your group will know the variations and keep the score. The best way to find out is to come out and join us. Remember the purpose of this group is to have fun, get some sun and exercise. It is not to learn the rules of golf or to embarrass anyone because of their stroke count.

Some of our recent winners

For more information call Hawaii Bob @0878296824 or e-mail [email protected], or PM or just show up at Rabbi's Elephant bar. No reservations required, transportation available for B200 r/t club rental B300 at course.

We play Plutaluong golf course every week because it has 36 challenging holes, we can always get on without reservations and it is amoung the least expensive courses around Pattaya

Last weeks winners. Congratulations to to John S. he has been playing with us since we started 8 months ago, never winning his group, until last week. He attributes it to the fact that unlike previous weeks he did not 7 putt 1 time in 18 holes. Well done John (far right in photo)

1_13_09.jpg

Interested too

Havent played gold for 5 years since a total embarrassment at the RTCC in BKK.

Anywhere I can hire or borrow clubs until I know I want to start again?

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

the course has clubs for rent and some of us have extra sets to rent, just let us know when you will be coming.

Green fees currently 550 for PSC members, 800 for non members. Caddy fee 220 tip 200+-, buggy 500 single 700 shared. Very reasonable for high season.

Yesterday's winners. The largest group of players we have ever had. 5 groups of 3 and 4 ball and most groups had 3 possible winners going into the last hole so fun/exciting finishes. Everybody had a great time and unless they were not going to be in town next week would return and play again. Don't forget we have a free tournament on Friday the 30th of January.

1_20_09.jpg

• 1 month later...

Some recent winners who's photos were not posted. We continue to have fun on a not so serious note, regardless of how you feel Tuesday morning :GiveBeer1: come join us. Everyone that comes out for the first time vows to come back again and play some Fun Golf. Come join us.

Golf_champ_009.jpg

Huego_and_Golf_006.JPG

Huego_and_Golf_008.JPG

Last Tuesday's winners, hope to see many of you this Tuesday either 8am at Rabbi's or 9:30 at the starter at the golf course. Come have fun.

March_17.JPG

Hello there

You doing this all year ? (Im coming in June/july)

I have to be a member?

Do you have "left" clubs for borrow/rent?

I stopped golfing like 10 years ago but would have been fun to try it out again giving you guys a good laugh atleast :P

Any clothing rules or shorts/t-shirt ok and how about shoes?

/Mike

I will check the pro shop, but I would be willing to bet the have clubs for lefties.

We do play on Tuesdays all year long.

No need to be a member of any organization, but PSC (Pattaya Sports Club) gets you good discounts at other courses. We play on "Sports Day" and the price is the same for all. June and July the cost will be less than B1100 for cart, green fees and caddy fee. Add to this caddy tip and club rental.

their is a dress code that is strictly enforced. No T-shirts, must wear belted pants (long or short OK) Collared shirts, golf shoes not so strictly enforced usually allow tennis shoes.

Thanks for the fast answere, would be great if you wanted to check if they have lefties clubs, but wierd if they havent since its the right way to swing isnt it? :GoldenSmile1:

• 2 weeks later...

We have a friendly group of us who go out every Tuesday with our own bag of week wackers, you are welcome to join us. For more info go to:

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/Fun-G...871#entry528871

• 4 weeks later...

Winners for the last 3 weeks including our youngest winner ever, 15 years old. Our golfing is called fun golf, no handicaps or stroke count, come join us.

Posted_5.jpg

Posted_6.jpg

Posted_7.JPG

Winners for the last 3 weeks including our youngest winner ever, 15 years old. Our golfing is called fun golf, no handicaps or stroke count, come join us.

Posted_4.jpg

Posted_5.jpg

Posted_6.jpg

verified, they do have clubs for rent for Southpaws.

Last week's winners and the wait staff who wanted in on the pictures. The restaurant has new management and new menu and staff. The cook is a major improvement although I thought the last one was good until I tried some of the items from the new chef. Come join us every Tuesday for inexpensive and fun day of golf.

posted_7.jpg

• 3 months later...

Important Notice.

We no longer meet at Rabbi's Elephant Bar, we now meet up Tuesday mornings (except holidays) at Foodland Cafeteria on Pattaya Klang, 8am for a full inexpensive breakfast, leave at 8:45 for golf course tee off at 9:45. Current prices are B720 green fee and caddy fee, Caddy tip B200, private cart B300 best deal in town.

If you require transport to and from the course it is B200, please let me know in advance if you need a ride via PM or call me day before at 0878296824. Come have fun playing golf.

posted 7.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

We moved again, Foodland has plenty of parking but not enough stools at the counter for all of us to eat at same time so now we will meet at B99 on Soi Diana Inn in Renaissance hotel. At 8am parking should be easy. For B99 you get all you want to eat eggs, omelets, ham, bacon, sausage, pancakes, French toast. You must buy a drink for 20-40 Baht but everything is cooked to order.

Edited by Bob4you

This is great information, as I plan my trip I'll have to work this into the equation.

How are the courses' handing the dress code with the new breed of collarless golf shirts that Nike, Ping, Callaway, etc.. are marketing. Some of the stodgy old clubs here are not permitting them, others are (especially if they sell them in their golf shop)

Thanks in advance,

Phill

We still meet every Tuesday and golf at Plutoluong with a tee off time of 9:45. Only exceptions are holidays because we don't want to pay the exorbitant rates. I have not updated photo's in quite some time and want to catch up. Posted are photos of some winners who did not get the recognition they deserve, my apologies to all.

If you want to have fun playing golf let me know if you need transport from B99 or meet us at the course.

Mahalo

1.jpg

218.JPG

237.JPG

18082009.jpg

19052009(001).jpg

August 25th.jpg

Golf Champs.jpg

This is great information, as I plan my trip I'll have to work this into the equation.

How are the courses' handing the dress code with the new breed of collarless golf shirts that Nike, Ping, Callaway, etc.. are marketing. Some of the stodgy old clubs here are not permitting them, others are (especially if they sell them in their golf shop)

Thanks in advance,

Phill

I haven't seen anyone turned away for collarless logotype golf shirts but have seen a person or two warned about wearing belt-less (elastic waist) shorts.

Edited by Bob4you

We met for the first time at Bobby's "eat a lot for 99 Baht" All you can eat restaurant, every one was happy but one person, he never eats breakfast so only has tea and toast, previously cost him b45 at Foodland now B134 at Bobby's but the rest of us made up for his loss.

Posted 16.jpg

Sounds like my kind of golf, is this every Tuesday? I've got 2 weeks off in November so I might be along then.

Design is honest, advertising is lying

Yes Tom, every Tuesday, if you make it on a 2 week holiday you will be remembered as the exception to the rule. Most people come with the best of intentions to play on holiday but for some strange reason just can't seem to get out of bed at 7:30am or can't convince the overnight company to leave. Hope to see you.

PS we don't play on holidays as the price doubles and the course is busier.