IGNORED

Food

Most of the topics in this forums are mostly about girls, and that is of course normal since most people come to pattaya to get some action. But I am the kind of guy who also loves some good food. 

Is there any restaurant / dishes I should try out? I do eat mostly everything other than bugs, crickets and so on. and while sea food is not something I usually crave for I dont mind trying out either.

which restaurant do you think is fantastic and I should give it a go?

so many options in pattaya

all the big shopping centers have cheap options

Beefeater is one of my favs

Cafe de amis more high end, very nice also

I have a Problem..... I just can't decide if its a good problem or a bad problem...

Avoid the restaurants. Street food is safe and far more delicious. If you are with a friend, let her direct you which foods to try. A dish will be less than $2 in most places. You will visit markets where snacks are less than that. Try all the drinks and treats she offers you. Eating is the number 1 thing I do in Pattaya! The fantastic thing is that the food is generally low calorie and healthy, so you can consume far more than back home without the associated health risks.

If you are looking for your favorite American, Aussie, European foods, then we have nothing further to discuss.

21 minutes ago, fostraswift said:

so many options in pattaya

all the big shopping centers have cheap options

Beefeater is one of my favs

Cafe de amis more high end, very nice also

I am not limited by budget so I dont mind going to some high end place to try out their food.

cafe de amis is a french restaurant?

12 minutes ago, rob63 said:

Avoid the restaurants. Street food is safe and far more delicious. If you are with a friend, let her direct you which foods to try. A dish will be less than $2 in most places. You will visit markets where snacks are less than that. Try all the drinks and treats she offers you. Eating is the number 1 thing I do in Pattaya! The fantastic thing is that the food is generally low calorie and healthy, so you can consume far more than back home without the associated health risks.

If you are looking for your favorite American, Aussie, European foods, then we have nothing further to discuss.

no ofc not, I am not looking for western food. I am looking for asian food, tasty and spicy. I will definetly be eating some street food but I dont mind trying out some "high end" stuff.

Was in Manilla last year and they had this resturant selling chinese food, even if it was a little pricey but it was definetly worth it.

2 minutes ago, jurahkek said:

I am not limited by budget so I dont mind going to some high end place to try out their food.

European food i suppose.. 

https://www.cafe-des-amis.com/

I have a Problem..... I just can't decide if its a good problem or a bad problem...

1 minute ago, fostraswift said:

European food i suppose.. 

https://www.cafe-des-amis.com/

Looks nice, could try it out. a bit more intrested in asian food doe.

Did you see the required attire pictures? I would guess many would not be able to enter :D

2 minutes ago, jurahkek said:

Looks nice, could try it out. a bit more intrested in asian food doe.

Did you see the required attire pictures? I would guess many would not be able to enter :D

"

We have smartly dressed guests celebrating special occasions such as wedding anniversaries 
Please respect our Dress Code:  Smart Casual
* No flip flops or sleeveless T shirts
* No Beachwear
* Shorts and Polo are ok if you look smart with nice shoes
Sandals or Loafers.

"

smart casual.???.. surly not,,,:25:

24 minutes ago, rob63 said:

The fantastic thing is that the food is generally low calorie and healthy, so you can consume far more than back home without the associated health risks.

A lot of Thai food is very unhealthy and full of fat and hidden sugars and salt.

13 minutes ago, jurahkek said:

no ofc not, I am not looking for western food. I am looking for asian food, tasty and spicy. I will definetly be eating some street food but I dont mind trying out some "high end" stuff.

Was in Manilla last year and they had this resturant selling chinese food, even if it was a little pricey but it was definetly worth it.

Oh , I can recommend Manila, no problem.

I am relieved you are not one of those low class, who don't know a cut of meat, yet insist their home country food is superior.

I recommend you try the market at Soi Bukow, every Tuesday and Thursday (or is it Friday?). Walk around there and buy what looks interesting.

Also, between Tukcom and Walking Street after 10pm are street stalls. Make sure you grab something there.

Ask a lady to take you to the open air buffet restaurants where the guests choose the raw food to cook themselves. Ensure she knows how to cook!

8 minutes ago, Pheat said:

A lot of Thai food is very unhealthy and full of fat and hidden sugars and salt.

I'll accept what you say at face value. Having lived my life avoiding salt like the plague, I have recently learned that most health conscious people don't get enough salt. I have recently increased my salt intake.

Hidden sugars, I would have to agree, but surely less than most western processed foods? I don't have data to support the assumptions, and I am not one of those "pretend experts" who post on this board, so I'll just accept what you are saying.

16 minutes ago, Pheat said:

Yeah all that oil, soy sauce, msg, sugar etc. Many dishes you want to take it easy on.

Fucking tasty though.

1 hour ago, jurahkek said:

Most of the topics in this forums are mostly about girls, and that is of course normal since most people come to pattaya to get some action. But I am the kind of guy who also loves some good food. 

Is there any restaurant / dishes I should try out? I do eat mostly everything other than bugs, crickets and so on. and while sea food is not something I usually crave for I dont mind trying out either.

Are You aware of the "Restaurants, Cafe's, Take Aways & Nightlife Venues" part of the forum?

https://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/forum/47-restaurants-cafes-take-aways-nightlife-venues/

Here is a suggestion.

Take a look in the;

Public Forum (No Bar Girl chat allowed in this open area)

Then go to the topic;                      

Restaurants, Cafe's, Take Aways & Nightlife Venues

We welcome reviews of restaurants, clubs, pubs and any other venues of interest. Please do not put girly bar/gogo reviews here.

There are lots of good information with reviews of the different restaurants in Pattaya.

LeoTex

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

8 minutes ago, 2week millionaire said:

Are You aware of the "Restaurants, Cafe's, Take Aways & Nightlife Venues" part of the forum?

https://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/forum/47-restaurants-cafes-take-aways-nightlife-venues/

8 minutes ago, LeoTex said:

Here is a suggestion.

Take a look in the;

Public Forum (No Bar Girl chat allowed in this open area)

Then go to the topic;                      

Restaurants, Cafe's, Take Aways & Nightlife Venues

We welcome reviews of restaurants, clubs, pubs and any other venues of interest. Please do not put girly bar/gogo reviews here.

There are lots of good information with reviews of the different restaurants in Pattaya.

LeoTex

My bad, didnt see those sub sections. can close the thread I guess

Cafe del mar on the beach in Jomtien is a very good open air restaurant with some killer Thai fusion food and well worth the baht bus ride.  Also the gaeng som at tin cup on bukow is a great way to get you sweating to beat the heat.

The Cheese and Ham Toastie in I-Rovers Sports Bar is to die for. 

I like to accompany it with an ice cold 2019 vintage Blue Powerade. 

A taste sensation....

Good Streak - Patrick’s in Soi Diana  arcade. 

Best Pizza in town - The Classroom , Soi 13/4

Get a girl to take you to a Thai BBQ (Mookata). You pay a set fee for sea food and marinated meats and cook them yourself at your table. I love it. 

Thai place across from Tim Bar on 2nd road, (lots of lobsters and King Prawns in tanks out front). The Kale and BBQ pork here is my fav dish in town. Magnificent. They also do terrific Pad Thai. 

Finally, Retox Soi Honey does a fantastic Penang Gai (red curry with chicken). People will find that odd because the Falang run sports bars don’t get quoted as places for Thai food but it is fantastic and I’ve tried this dish all over town. No one does it like the chef in there. 

8 hours ago, jurahkek said:

Read the threads in restaurants and cafes. and do a search all your answers are there.

Ask a silly question and i'll leave a silly answer  

Would have been easier if you googled it yourself.    

Thanks spelling and grammar checkers for being a ?%6433%#E

Quote if you expect a reply.  

THE THING ABOUT COMMON SENSE IS THAT IT'S THAT NOT COMMON                                                                        

IT'S NOT ROCKET SURGERY       quote from Anna Nicole Smith.

9 hours ago, jurahkek said:

I like the little mum and dad family restaurants on the side of the road that do half a dozen dishes, but do them really well, but like back home in Australia if I’m trying a new asian or other nationality cuisine, my motto is if the nationality of the customers are the same culture as the restaurant,  it’s usually good food, because Chinese won’t go eat at a Chinese restaurant if the shit food, same as Thais as well

i used to buy off a motorcycle cart that pulled up out the back of the avenue shopping centre on second road  (soi buakhao side of shopping centre) cheap food but great quality, as all the Thai girls and taxi drivers that sit around there buy off them, only there in afternoon thou 

14 hours ago, rob63 said:

I'll accept what you say at face value. Having lived my life avoiding salt like the plague, I have recently learned that most health conscious people don't get enough salt. I have recently increased my salt intake.

Hidden sugars, I would have to agree, but surely less than most western processed foods? I don't have data to support the assumptions, and I am not one of those "pretend experts" who post on this board, so I'll just accept what you are saying.

Salt sensitivity is often mislabeled as potassium deficiency, we need over 4 times more potassium than we do salt and high salt often gets the blame, rather than the true cause low potassium.

17 hours ago, jurahkek said:

For me ...

News Streak and Grill .... consistently very high standards and good quality  (Euro/Thai)

The Chocolate Factory ... (Ital/Thaï) great views, great food, great experience (choc factory on site)

Havana Bar at the Holiday Inn ... great food (Ital/Thai) .... great atmosphere ... Sunday they have Latin dancing etc ....

We are spoilt for choice in Pattaya ..m could list ten other places easily but these three is a good start .... the Lebanese Restaurant in Terminal 21 is also very good, worth checking out ....

good luck

Try a bbq buffet. Where you cook it yourself.  Cheap ones on third road, or more expensive ones in central.  Really nice.

Dont get too greedy in the central ones because if you don’t eat what you order they’ll charge you extra.

Go to South Pattaya road, lots of nice food there for 35-40 Baht.

1.jpg

dang! thanks a lot for your inputs guys. I will definetly try most if not everything reccommended here.

Archived