IGNORED

What are the cheapest AIS SIM card packages available at the airport?

Jumpin Jack Flash

I usually get the AIS traveller (299 baht package) at the kiosk when I arrive but this time I want something cheaper I can use for 2 or 3 days max (after that I'll prob get a 7 day package).

Are there any cheaper packages ?   I'm not bothered about super fast download speed, just reliability.  Its only for WhatsApp, Line, and ThaiFriendly browsing.

I'm looking for something similar to the 4G NET SIM package that AIS offered in 2017, that was only 88 baht, and got you 2GB data for 7 days.

Is there anything similar on offer from AIS now and can I get it at the airport ?

• 2 weeks later...

If you buy outside the airport, the basic PLAY SIM for 50 baht will give you 1 GB for free when you top up.

But if at the airport, just buy the basic Traveller SIM for 49 baht and add whatever you want; m.ais.co.th/package-ontop/?appName=worker&lang=en

It's not clear what you want....

2 or 3 days max (after that I'll prob get a 7 day package)

A ten day package??

• 3 weeks later...

I'm back home now.

I asked for the 49 baht SIM at the airport, but they wouldn't sell me it.  Point blank denied it even existed (I know its bullshit, and they do have them) and were only interested in selling me the travellers/tourist package at 300 baht. I politely declined, smiled, and walked off without buying anything - leaving them to their little scam.

To expand on the 2 or 3 day then 7 day thing, I wanted 2 different SIM cards, one for the first 2-3 days (mongering), then another for the next 7 days (holiday with GF).

In the end, I managed to get by without a SIM. Wifi is all I needed and that was ok, most of the time.

• 3 weeks later...

I have an AIS SIM card in my phone, and have the AIS app, which allows me to top up my account from a credit card, and to browse their "on top" data packages. For my current 30 day stay in Pattaya, I chose the 599 baht package, which is an 8G plan. I don't know if 8G is the sum of all data I use during the 30 days, or a daily maximum, I guess I will find out.

On 30/06/2019 at 05:33, Explorer8939 said:

I have an AIS SIM card in my phone, and have the AIS app, which allows me to top up my account from a credit card, and to browse their "on top" data packages. For my current 30 day stay in Pattaya, I chose the 599 baht package, which is an 8G plan. I don't know if 8G is the sum of all data I use during the 30 days, or a daily maximum, I guess I will find out.

It's the total for the whole month. Not good at that price.

1 hour ago, NotASexTorist said:

It's the total for the whole month. Not good at that price.

Yep.

Fortunately, I only use up the 8G allotment when I am away from my hotel.

Screenshot_20190702_104640.jpg

Archived