IGNORED

Bus from BKK to Hua Hin, how long is journey ?

Jumpin Jack Flash

On 12/05/2019 at 00:37, Jumpin Jack Flash said:

I've ruled out the ferry.

I don't have any sea legs and 2 hours plus, is too long to be on a swaying boat sat next to people throwing up.

If you don't have sea legs I can understand that.

But, I took the ferry just last month and it wasn't 2 plus hours either way, nor was the boat swaying and not one person was sitting next to us (plenty of open seats) and no one that I could see or hear was throwing up! 

On 10/05/2019 at 23:08, Piece Corp said:

They closed the ferry off-season last year.  The train takes 4-5 hours but only costs 44 baht in 3rd class.

If by off-season, you mean low season I took the ferry on the 19th of May. 

On 31/05/2019 at 18:28, Piece Corp said:

It’s recommended to have a reservation for the 8:05, last time I tried to walk-on it was full and I had to wait for the 3rd class train at 9:30

Thanks. Would book well in advance. Don't think 3rd class would be a good trip. Slow and Hot

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

1 minute ago, Jagaar said:

Thanks. Would book well in advance. Don't think 3rd class would be a good trip. Slow and Hot

I took 3rd class today because I didn’t want to book in advance and get up early.  It’s not too uncomfortable if the train is moving.  Took 4.5 hours from Bangkok but I watched a baseball game on my phone along the way.  The fare was 44 baht.

• Like 1

Retired

10 hours ago, Piece Corp said:

I took 3rd class today because I didn’t want to book in advance and get up early.  It’s not too uncomfortable if the train is moving.  Took 4.5 hours from Bangkok but I watched a baseball game on my phone along the way.  The fare was 44 baht.

How Crowded was the Train?  What time of day? 

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

5 hours ago, Jagaar said:

How Crowded was the Train?  What time of day? 

It was SRO at 9:20 am

Retired

• 8 months later...
On 29/05/2019 at 14:33, tulakhom said:

- TRAIN. I did several round trips by train, Bangkok Hua Lamphong Railway Station <-> Hua Hin. The Special Express (a.k.a. Sprinter) at 8.05am from Bangkok is my favorite. 4 coaches with AC, arrives in Hua Hin at about 11.40 (sometimes with 1h late). Good timing for check-in at your hotel. For coming back to Bangkok, the timing is not so convenient. Sometimes all the Special Express were full so i took some Express, Rapid and Ordinary train, very long trip ...

Timetables Bankgok <-> Hua Hin : http://procurement.railway.co.th/checktime/checktime.asp?lenguage=Eng

- VAN. Bangkok <-> Hua Hin by van. Several trips lasting about 4h-5h. Not comfortable, not safe on the road, if you have some luggage, you have to pay sometimes for a second seat. Pros : Available at any time. Many vans go to Bangkok Morchit Terminal where you can get a connection by bus or van to Pattaya and hundreds of other destinations

VAN + BUS. Hua Hin -> PATTAYA by van then bus. Hua Hin - Bangkok Morchit by van (I survive !!!), then from Morchit to North Pattaya by bus. Bus was comfortable. The whole trip about 8 h.

- REGULAR BUS. Hua Hin -> Bangkok Sai Tai Mai Bus Terminal by regular bus. I did 1 time, never again. Very cheap but Sai Tai Mai is very far in the Bangkok suburb. No BTS station yet.

Thanks for the info.

I'm specifically looking for downtown BKK (NANA) to Hua Hin?

The early express train looks an option and I'm reading the possibility of a mini-van from Eastern (Ekkamai) Bus Station.
There is also the possibility of a bus from Ekkamai (not sure if this the best bus station to take a bus to Hua Hin from?)

Anybody taken a taxi from Nana to Hua Hin? I'm guessing we are looking at 2000 baht or more for one?

There is a direct Bell bus service from Pattaya to Hua Hin and vice versa at 11am. its 426bht and whe I took the bus it was about 4.5hrs journey. Very comfy seats. It's going from the north bus station. If you want a minivan drive to the station, it's 100bht. In Hua Hin you can have a free minivan ride from bus station to Clock tower or 100bht to your hotel. Book online and also reserve your seat after the booking. 

On 09/02/2020 at 15:10, billybob69 said:

Thanks for the info.

I'm specifically looking for downtown BKK (NANA) to Hua Hin?

The early express train looks an option and I'm reading the possibility of a mini-van from Eastern (Ekkamai) Bus Station.
There is also the possibility of a bus from Ekkamai (not sure if this the best bus station to take a bus to Hua Hin from?)

Anybody taken a taxi from Nana to Hua Hin? I'm guessing we are looking at 2000 baht or more for one?

July 2018 a taxi from HH (fixed price) cost me 1500 baht to Soi 11 Nana area.I doubt it is much more now.

21 hours ago, Essexman1961 said:

July 2018 a taxi from HH (fixed price) cost me 1500 baht to Soi 11 Nana area.I doubt it is much more now.

Thanks. Do you recall where or with who you booked the taxi?

Was it dependent on a particular day or time (I'm assuming that it would be much better for the driver avoiding rush hour)?

1 hour ago, billybob69 said:

Thanks. Do you recall where or with who you booked the taxi?

Was it dependent on a particular day or time (I'm assuming that it would be much better for the driver avoiding rush hour)?

Near my hotel on the main road out of HH there was a desk/kiosk.Price was fixed.Paid 500 in advance and had a receipt.Left about 9.30am.

Can't add anything else .

On 10/02/2020 at 20:55, Essexman1961 said:

thats an amazing price. Would do that in a heartbeat.

On 10/02/2020 at 11:26, jpmelville said:

There is a direct Bell bus service from Pattaya to Hua Hin and vice versa at 11am.

I found it easy to take the Skyway/Airport link to Suvarnabhumi Airport, then took the Roong Reuang bus to Hua Hin. The bus stops at the bus station in Hua Hin, where you switch to vans that drop you off at your hotel.

3 hours ago, briguy said:

I found it easy to take the Skyway/Airport link to Suvarnabhumi Airport, then took the Roong Reuang bus to Hua Hin. The bus stops at the bus station in Hua Hin, where you switch to vans that drop you off at your hotel.

This is the long way and more expensive

16 hours ago, briguy said:

Yes sure. I was just informing that there is a direct bus from Pattaya to Hua Hin too. Only minus is that there is no pickup service in Hua Hin when you go back to Bangkok. You have to take a taxi to Hua Hin airport where the bus station is. That is usually 250-300bht.