IGNORED

Best Semi-Permanent street food

23 hours ago, Scuba+ said:

They give me something else which i still haven't identified.

That's always a nice surprise. I remember that in one place, sadly i can not remember the name or exact location, somewhere near Thepprasit Road, the menu said "blablabla.... with meat". So i asked what meat, beef/chicken/pork? After some thinking from the girl working there she answered "MEAT!". Yeah, ok, good... WHAT CAN GO WRONG? I was not any wiser after ordering and eating it. It was ok. I told myself it was chicken and not rat/dog/cat/some youtuber.

And to get back to topic, at the end of Soi Buakhao to South Pattaya Road, directly on the corner, there is a nice and usually good visited place Khao Man Kai

On 01/07/2019 at 03:25, Scuba+ said:

I've posted this before but here goes again. The best pork noodle soup / nam tok, Soi Post Office 13/2 Husband and wife duo opposite Max Hotel. 40 baht, no farang price here96864574fd72f53340ce134830d8899d.jpg

What exactly is in that dish? And those pork balls, what's in them or how are they made. I would like to try more thai dishes. But not sure what is in half of them. One thing I don't really like is poor quality meat in the dishes or fat. So it kind of puts me off ordering the food. A few times i've ordered chicken dishes did not enjoy it

What exactly is in that dish? And those pork balls, what's in them or how are they made. I would like to try more thai dishes. But not sure what is in half of them. One thing I don't really like is poor quality meat in the dishes or fat. So it kind of puts me off ordering the food. A few times i've ordered chicken dishes did not enjoy it
It's pork noodle soup with blood which gives it the dark colour. The quality of the pork strips and liver is good. The pork balls are standard. Other stalls i know serve cheap fatty cuts

Has anyone come across Baozi buns(others might know them as Chinese pork buns or something similar)? I recently discovered them and as I'll be in Thailand i was wondering if they're a thing around Pattaya? I know it's more of a Chinese/Korean/Japanese item, Japan even has them in convenience stores but I never saw them in a 7-11 in Pattaya, but if anyone knows a good place to get them in Pattaya let me know!

2.jpg

Newish skewer stall on Soi Buakhao  about 500m from Soi Buakhao Market near the Mini Tesco Lotus. Different kinds of skewers and very affordable prices. Never got better skewers in Pattaya.

IMG-20190526-WA0007.jpeg

My favorite one for 2 reasons is the lady that sits up her stall as you enter LK Metro off Soi Diana.

Not necessary in this order;

The meals she can make up are good and you do have a few choice on what to have her cook up.

Next is sitting there and having all the girls from the LK Metro gogos and bars also standing there waiting for the their meals to be made.

LeoTex

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

On 05/07/2019 at 04:14, Scuba+ said:

Make sure you get the Nam tok with the blood, tastes much better than just noodle soup

ah stop it .. bad enough looking at my LLT chewing those chicken feet that float backup to the top when ya stir the soup... What Lies Beneath... and no I don't eat Farang food in Pattaya .. only Thai .. but I have my red lines in the sand and bloody anything is not allowed .. 

ah stop it .. bad enough looking at my LLT chewing those chicken feet that float backup to the top when ya stir the soup... What Lies Beneath... and no I don't eat Farang food in Pattaya .. only Thai .. but I have my red lines in the sand and bloody anything is not allowed .. 
chicken feet are my red line also

9 hours ago, Terryofcrete said:

4 hours ago, Scuba+ said:
9 hours ago, Terryofcrete said:

chicken feet are my red line also

You can have a go, everything taste almost the same in a soup, chicken feet included.

Archived