IGNORED

Best Semi-Permanent street food

I love street food and especially the ones with little chairs and tables. The one's I'm talking about don't seem to move and set up in front of markets, 7/11's etc. I find that this is the real Thailand and enjoy exploring the streets during the day.

I don't know many but my favourite is out the front of 7/11 on the corner of soi 7 and second road. There are two there and one serve's a pork noodle soup, the other pork on rice with kale and egg. I like the ambience as many of the soi 7 ladies come up for a feed.

Does anyone else have other recommendations? I'd like to try more.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

One of the beauties about Central Patts is the 30-40 yards between places serving really good food. Personally I like to eat at the Soi Buakhao market but afraid  only permanent stalls there with normal size (plastic) chairs and tables

1 hour ago, olic said:

I love street food and especially the ones with little chairs and tables. The one's I'm talking about don't seem to move and set up in front of markets, 7/11's etc. I find that this is the real Thailand and enjoy exploring the streets during the day.

I don't know many but my favourite is out the front of 7/11 on the corner of Soi 7 and second road. There are two there and one serve's a pork noodle soup, the other pork on rice with kale and egg. I like the ambience as many of the Soi 7 ladies come up for a feed.

Does anyone else have other recommendations? I'd like to try more.

I love pork noodle soup in aftnn after massage and find that this is bit better at same sort of place just one soi further south in front of 7-11 too - same side of 2nd road too.  It easy to get mixed up as they both so close to each other.  Guess at time of day I go there it really not much for girl talent, but do think that particular noodle soup is best in Pattaya.  

There one of the mobile bbq wagons - this one has smoke stack contraption at back of it that makes round about 2nd road and soi 4 about 2pm that think has the best bbq chick ass as well - I love it when it good.  

It not as predictable, but guy who seems to be around soi diana/lk metro area at night has pretty good deep-fried chicken skin - like that too when it very crisp.  

• 1 month later...

Few decent places soi Sip Chet from the back entrance of the market to few blocks after the soi connecting to Tukcom

Breakfast: Porridge with Pork , Rice and fish soup

Lunch: Pork bones nooddle soup, Seafood noodle soup, fried or steamed chicken on rice

Lunch / Dinner: Wonton soup, yentafo noodle soup, crispy and red pork on rice.

All those places have free drinking water.

Fo my part,  i'm after a place who would serve noodle soup with homemade meat ball of pork / beef, anyone have come accross such place?

10 minutes ago, KhunChang said:

Few decent places soi Sip Chet from the back entrance of the market to few blocks after the soi connecting to Tukcom

Breakfast: Porridge with Pork , Rice and fish soup

Is this breakfast you describe one dish ? I'm puzzled about the porridge with pork ... my understanding is that porridge is boiled oats ... do you mean rice soup with pork??

Is this breakfast you describe one dish ? I'm puzzled about the porridge with pork ... my understanding is that porridge is boiled oats ... do you mean rice soup with pork??
Best place for Jok, rice porridge is on Soi Buakhao, just by tesco Lotus which is near Kasikorn. It's 40 baht and usually includes liver, pork and ginger amongst other things, different options available

There's a great place for chicken on rice or chicken noodle soup that is located on second road between soi 13 and soi yamoto right in front of the family mart. 

The same husband/wife team have run it for over 15 years.

Portions are generous and the chicken is juicy, tender and full of flavour. Usually my first meal once I rock up!

8 hours ago, Spursman said:

There's a great place for chicken on rice or chicken noodle soup that is located on second road between soi 13 and soi yamoto right in front of the family mart. 

Portions are generous and the chicken is juicy, tender and full of flavour. Usually my first meal once I rock up!

Tastes good but they charge falang price of 70-80 baht, should be 40 baht. Can't support places that charge falang price

Another shout here for the OP recommendation at the top of soi7.

Excellent food.

On 28/06/2019 at 16:27, Spursman said:

I also like the place on the other side of the entrance to Family Mart. They make excellent Larb Moo and Moo Nam Tok.

street_food.jpg

What about the small street between soi14 and soi15 where all the girls of walkingstreet buys their food. not sure if there is somewhere to sit.

/Mike

I missed Going last trip so it may not be there any more, but the little pork noodle soup (kuay teow nam tok) set up in front of 7/11 on the adjacent corner of Bliss club as you exit soi excite to third road.

this was my favourite noodle soup set up. He put way more garlic in it than usual, just the way I like it.

40 baht - perfect

I've posted this before but here goes again. The best pork noodle soup / nam tok, Soi Post Office 13/2 Husband and wife duo opposite Max hotel. 40 baht, no farang price here96864574fd72f53340ce134830d8899d.jpg

Now that looks good... How spicy is it?
Up to you, i add more chilli. I don't think it has chilli in to begin with but ask

On 29/06/2019 at 00:26, Scuba+ said:

Tastes good but they charge falang price of 70-80 baht, should be 40 baht. Can't support places that charge falang price

Are you sure you didn’t just get the piset- or special that us priced higher as they give you more meat?

Cant remember how much I pay but quite frankly, while I agree with you Scuba that dual pricing is awful, unlikely I will stay because I have to pay 30baht more every 6 months or so!

Are you sure you didn’t just get the piset- or special that us priced higher as they give you more meat?
Cant remember how much I pay but quite frankly, while I agree with you Scuba that dual pricing is awful, unlikely I will stay because I have to pay 30baht more every 6 months or so!
It's just chicken noodle soup, nothing special, ok it's only 30-40 baht (75%-100%) more than others charge but its the fact they are charging falang extra. A better quality pork soup is round the corner 13/2 but only to 3pm, full with thai people. 1 minute walk

3 hours ago, Scuba+ said:
4 hours ago, Spursman said:

It's just chicken noodle soup, nothing special, ok it's only 30-40 baht (75%-100%) more than others charge but its the fact they are charging falang extra. A better quality pork soup is round the corner 13/2 but only to 3pm, full with thai people. 1 minute walk

Back in three weeks, I’ll give it a go. Thanks for the tip fella!

On 01/07/2019 at 09:25, Scuba+ said:

I've posted this before but here goes again. The best pork noodle soup / nam tok, Soi Post Office 13/2 Husband and wife duo opposite Max Hotel. 40 baht, no farang price here96864574fd72f53340ce134830d8899d.jpg

Tried the nam tok after your reco, not bad for sure but I only got the pork balls and the classics flats cuts of pork meat.

Are there other kind of pork meat available and how do you order it? Same for this yellow veggie that looks like a turnip.

Tried the nam tok after your reco, not bad for sure but I only got the pork balls and the classics flats cuts of pork meat.
Are there other kind of pork meat available and how do you order it? Same for this yellow veggie that looks like a turnip.
the husband and wife duo usually don't give falang everything because they think they won't like it. You should get pork balls, pork meat, liver,turnip slices thing. They give me something else which i still haven't identified. Best thing to do is point to it, it's the same price. Sometimes they run out.

Make sure you get the Nam tok with the blood, tastes much better than just noodle soup

11 minutes ago, Scuba+ said:

the husband and wife duo usually don't give falang everything because they think they won't like it. You should get pork balls, pork meat, liver,turnip slices thing. They give me something else which i still haven't identified. Best thing to do is point to it, it's the same price. Sometimes they run out.

Make sure you get the Nam tok with the blood, tastes much better than just noodle soup

Ok, i asked nam tok, he first served me nam sai and realised his mistake and put the blood.

I'll try to gently point the covered saucepan to see what's inside.

I Eat everything, even intestine but can't stand liver :).

I know the name of Liver in Thai so no problem in general.

Archived