IGNORED

Eva air - lounge access for premium economy?

Danolo

Many of the flights from Toronto - Bangkok involve a layover of some hours in Taipei.

Is there a lounge I can use to shower/eat, nap, etc?

Yes, there are lounges but you will need to pay--not cheap . Have flown EVA premium many times but no lounge pass, though that might have changed since they seem to have increased prices . Check with them . 

I have a Star Alliance Silver Card which has let me use the Swampy EVA lounge in the past when travelling premium economy....so might be worth asking. 

Premium Economy ticket holders do not automatically qualify you for lounge access.

But rather, EVA’s Silver (frequent flyer) status (and above) qualifies you access to their lounge.
Biz class also qualifies for lounge access.

Once, I paid for a generic lounge access at Taipei airport for about $50 usd for 5 hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

$50 bucks for a shower? Hmmm... after 20+ hours in a plane it might be a bargain.

In fact that might change my taxi/bus decision.

Originally, I planned to book Nam's to Pattaya, simply because I knew I'd be tired and dirty. But If I grab a shower and a rest in Taipei I may then be able save a few baht and take the bus.

Probably not... I'll probably call Nam's.

FYI Taipai airport offers free showers located in a few different locatons. Not as nice as Incheon airport but there still free.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

Yes Sir.... I looked it up. Here's what they had on their website:

Taipei, March 4 (CNA) Passengers arriving at Taiwan Taoyuan International Airportafter a long flight can now freshen up with a hot shower for free right at the arrivals hall. ... In Terminal II, the separate men's and women's shower rooms are located next to the sixth baggage carousel.Mar 4, 2014

So thanks for that tip, it will make the whole trip easier.

So looking at EVA''s current schedule, the Toronto _ Bangkok trip has a layover of 4 hours, 5 mins.

That gets into BKK at 11:30 AM. I think that's the best...

For return the layover is only 2 hours, 30 mins, so If its late....

But, I'll be able to scope it out on the outbound trip.

2 hours ago, Danolo said:

Yes Sir.... I looked it up. Here's what they had on their website:

Taipei, March 4 (CNA) Passengers arriving at Taiwan Taoyuan International Airportafter a long flight can now freshen up with a hot shower for free right at the arrivals hall. ... In Terminal II, the separate men's and women's shower rooms are located next to the sixth baggage carousel.Mar 4, 2014

So thanks for that tip, it will make the whole trip easier.

Doesn't that mean you would have to leave the secure area?  When I transfered last year through Taipei with EVA I don't remember seeing the baggage carousel area. 

Has anyone used these showers in Taipei?

From the USA (LAX) I was always given a lounge pass when flying premium economy.  They have two lounges in Taipei, one for business the other for premium and silver cards.  Personally, I have a silver card and normally fly business, so I go to the business lounge. They have good food, showers, and comfortable seating.

I have been using these lounges so long I can't imagine a layover without them. They also have a paid lounge at Taipei, I believe it's around $25. 

3 hours ago, Danolo said:

So looking at EVA''s current schedule, the Toronto _ Bangkok trip has a layover of 4 hours, 5 mins.

That gets into BKK at 11:30 AM. I think that's the best...

For return the layover is only 2 hours, 30 mins, so If its late....

But, I'll be able to scope it out on the outbound trip.

EVA will assist you in making your connection if necessary.   Just let the FA know.  it shouldn’t take more than 20-30min. to go from arrivals to departures even if you’re walking slowly.

if there are showers by a baggage carousel, I also think you would have to go through immigration & then return.

Besides the EVA lounges there’s also a Business center lounge that accepts Priority Pass on the same floor level. Pretty sure it has showers. That lounge is not 24hrs. It opens at 6am.  

10 minutes ago, jennings said:

if there are showers by a baggage carousel, I also think you would have to go through immigration & then return.

That sounds problematic.  

I have read (here somewhere) that you can buy a card that gives you access to many lounges. If I stop in Taipei twice, once each way, maybe it would be cheaper than paying an admission fee. I dunno.

2 minutes ago, Danolo said:

That sounds problematic.  

I have read (here somewhere) that you can buy a card that gives you access to many lounges. If I stop in Taipei twice, once each way, maybe it would be cheaper than paying an admission fee. I dunno.

You most likely only be using the lounge on your outgoing trip with the    4hr. Layover. The lounges locations will add a 5-10 walk going to the departure gates. The 2.5 hr layover is perfect for stretching your legs between flights.  Remember they’ll start boarding 30min. Before your flights departure.

Check with your credit cards companies, you might have lounge access thru them. My Chase reserve card gets me Priority Pass access

When you arrive in Taipei you have to go thru a quick security check as you go from the arrival level upstairs to the departure level.  If most guys are like me they go straight to the security check, so I don't really know what's available downstairs in the arrival level without having to leave the secure area.

Looking at your schedule here 11:30Am BKK arrival it looks like you'll arrive in Taipei around 4AM. Not going to find much open at that time, I remember just one coffee shop open on the departure level. So it might be worth while to check about the EVA lounge in Taipei. Might be worth the cost just have a nice place to sit, free internet, free food and drink and a shower

Yeah, I just noticed... thanks for the tip

On 16/05/2019 at 19:29, patman said:

From the USA (LAX) I was always given a lounge pass when flying premium economy.  They have two lounges in Taipei, one for business the other for premium and silver cards.  Personally, I have a silver card and normally fly business, so I go to the business lounge. They have good food, showers, and comfortable seating.

I have been using these lounges so long I can't imagine a layover without them. They also have a paid lounge at Taipei, I believe it's around $25. 

The Eva layovers from the US tend to be 1.5 hours. Is that enough time to fully take advantage of lounge access? 

13 hours ago, dnaliaht said:

The Eva layovers from the US tend to be 1.5 hours. Is that enough time to fully take advantage of lounge access? 

The Eva layovers on the late night flights from the West coast(lax,Sfo,Sea-Tac),are usually 3hrs.+.  On the return trip out of BKK the late afternoon flights have the short layovers 1.5-2hrs. But on the 2am. Flights out of BKK the layovers at TPE are 3hs.+

I agree, on the short layovers I normally don’t bother going to the lounge 

23 hours ago, dnaliaht said:

I usually have a 2 1/2 hour layover on the way to BKK, and 1 1/2 hours on the way back.  I think that's enough time to justify it, you can get a few cups of coffee, a light meal, and relax.  The only problem is the showers are popular, and there is a wait. I have missed the shower a couple of times because my connection arrived before my turn.

Archived