IGNORED

Current Exchange Rate

Welshpat

Hi

Coming to Pattaya next week, can anyone please tell me the current exchange rate for GB Pounds.

Thank very much

Welshpat

You’ll find Patts rates are similar to websites and vary only a bit between banks.

Bring big clean crisp denominations.

41.75 everywhere around town today. Might raise a bit if Brexit deal becomes more realistic.

No passport needed (just say: will bring next time :P). 

On the crisp notes: had mine stained with ink and stamps and writing on it. Got rejected in 9 officed then stuck them in between a stack with some more and the next person didnt notice and they got accepted. So just keep trying if have some bad ones. Always some sleepy dude working somewhere.

A word of advice, don't let them take the money out of your eye shot and give you damage ones back. It can happen.    

• 2 weeks later...

Glad i changed some money 10 days ago, down to 40.5 now.

1 hour ago, SteveB said:

The mighty Thai Baht marches on up the hill.

More a weak pound falling down the hill is it not? I'm not a forex expert. 

I had a quick look at the 10 year charts and the baht is far more stable against the greenback or yuan for instance.  I'm not sure about it.  Looks like the pound shit the bed.  Not sure about other currencies.

15 hours ago, MaiMeSatang said:

More a weak pound falling down the hill is it not? I'm not a forex expert. 

I had a quick look at the 10 year charts and the baht is far more stable against the greenback or yuan for instance.  I'm not sure about it.  Looks like the pound shit the bed.  Not sure about other currencies.

Australian dollar & Euro, same.

9 minutes ago, SteveB said:

Australian dollar & Euro, same.

Yeah I see that now. 

Australian dollar in particular has been complete shit against the usd since 2013.  What's that about?  I note your profile says you're UK, I don't know if you're into this stuff mate.  Not my thing as I say.  I understand wages are quite high in Australia so that's something but still, hell of a drop vs usd and yuan since '13.

Chances are anyone would know more than me lol I don't finance.

1 hour ago, MaiMeSatang said:

Yeah I see that now. 

Australian dollar in particular has been complete shit against the usd since 2013.  What's that about?  I note your profile says you're UK, I don't know if you're into this stuff mate.  Not my thing as I say.  I understand wages are quite high in Australia so that's something but still, hell of a drop vs usd and yuan since '13.

Chances are anyone would know more than me lol I don't finance.

Me too, IT for me.:D

Just now, SteveB said:

Me too, IT for me.:D

I'm just going to say then that it's all a conspiracy.  The central banks are manipulating the forex rates for political/social reasons and we should probably all buy bitcoin.  Or just donate all your spare cash to well deserving single mothers in south east Asia.  

Something like that.  

Can anyone on the ground advise me the price of the AUD at the moment

will be in Thailand from June 6

8A142EDD-21A5-474B-9A01-149667877C94.jpeg

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Just curious but is there any country where mongers are saying fookin hell we are getting shit loads more baht than 5 yrs ago

34 minutes ago, bigbadbaz said:

Just curious but is there any country where mongers are saying fookin hell we are getting shit loads more baht than 5 yrs ago

I checked quickly several currencies between May 2015 and May 2019. Well 4 years... Only Japanese Yen is slightly better.
But they still lost 18% since June 2016.

JPY.png

Overall Thai Baht as been getting stronger against all currencies which make sense if you look at Thailand economy trend over last decade compared to the "western world"  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy_of_Thailand 

In July 2008 for 100 euro you had 5300 bahts. Now it's 3500 only.
EUR.thumb.PNG.e2adceb045b710e693d88ddcfd5a7870.PNG

On 18/05/2019 at 05:17, iLoveit said:

Can anyone on the ground advise me the price of the AUD at the moment

will be in Thailand from June 6

Yeah -  current rates have been posted since you asked etc.

I'll be there later in the year - RBA now talking about reducing interest rates - so that won't help the AUD, sadly.

Life must be lived forward, but can only be understood backwards.

Archived