Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Cheap Eats walking distance LK Metro

had a dig round my photo archives and came up with another of the places mentioned............................

1405020431_16feb015(Custom).JPG.41af9352fb5e38792f1a75db1800c3f9.JPG

formerly the coins and then the Queens arms then briefly from mid nov to feb little tavern, then from mid feb rebranded as cheap charlies. buakaow just south of the soi diana and lengkee junction

225228808_16feb017(Custom).JPG.ccb4d541e1582ff7a32c83b82b3883eb.JPG

here being modeled by cartoonman aka uncle albert. he photo bombed my pic !

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

46 minutes ago, striderman said:

225228808_16feb017(Custom).JPG.ccb4d541e1582ff7a32c83b82b3883eb.JPG

here being modeled by cartoonman aka uncle albert. he photo bombed my pic !

Is Aroma massage still there and is it a Regular massage or a massage with extras?

A cheap eat and a massage would make a good afternoon.

the pic above is fairly recent feb 16th. yes the massage place is still there. i'm guessing the latter but it is likely to exceed your 160 bht figure mentioned in the OP !

1 minute ago, striderman said:

exceed your 160 bht figure mentioned in the OP !

The massage would come out of my monger budget if it had extras. :bj9:

But I usually budget 2 or 3 oil Massages, while I'm in Patts.

On 02/05/2019 at 02:33, Rocketboy said:

This meal right here 125฿. Khao man gai (rice with chicken) they use sliced chicken breast without the skin, pad pak boong (stir fried morning glory), kai dao (fried egg), bowl of soup and a coke at the Tin Cup restaurant on Soi Buakhao.

Almost across the the street from Sugar whatever the name is go-go. Right next to a clinic you will see a blue and orange awning at the entrance. Many menu choices and good size portions. 

FB_IMG_1556788913243.jpg

Thai street food and Thai market food blows this away.  They purposely make the food bland and not spicy for bland farang palates.  They may adjust it a bit when geezers bring in their Thai live in or barfine to eat.

On 03/05/2019 at 05:10, Ziplee said:

Yes, I checked out their menu, online. Pad Thai 65 baht. Thai omelet 60 baht. Club sandwich 85 baht. cheeseburger 46 baht. coffee and coke 30 baht. water 12baht. Chang 50 baht. sangsom coke 60 baht.

I'll be trying Kiss out for sure! Thanks. 

Kiss is barely edible food, its more meant for soi dogs than humans.  Cheap isnt what people should be looking for, its value. Thai street food is incredible and safer to eat than most of the restaurants.  They all get their products from the same markets.  Looks where THai people eat.

26 minutes ago, cytolliver said:

bland farang palates

That's me... not spicy or a little spicy.

27 minutes ago, cytolliver said:

Cheap isnt what people should be looking for, its value. Thai street food is incredible

Most street food I saw was cheap. I like Pad Thai, Thai Omelet, Oh yeah... Banana Rotti off a cart. I also like to sit, order food, check phone, eat, relax and save money for mongering. 

5 hours ago, Ziplee said:

That's me... not spicy or a little spicy.

Most street food I saw was cheap. I like Pad Thai, Thai Omelet, Oh yeah... Banana Rotti off a cart. I also like to sit, order food, check phone, eat, relax and save money for mongering. 

Each to their own, be it food or women

6 hours ago, cytolliver said:

Cheap isnt what people should be looking for, its value. 

+1

13 hours ago, Scuba+ said:
13 hours ago, rickyroo said:
But my friend, they cannot spell colourful,  what nationality do you think they could be?

Irish

Does it matter???

Does it matter???
He asked a question, i answered it, I don't care where people are from

7 hours ago, cytolliver said:

Thai street food and Thai market food blows this away.  They purposely make the food bland and not spicy for bland farang palates.  They may adjust it a bit when geezers bring in their Thai live in or barfine to eat.

That may be true.

But, not my experience and I've been going there for years... alone and with ladies and have never had a bland tasting meal. 

I like and have been eating spicy foods for years and especially Thai. It's also been my experience that they will ask you if you want it spicy or not, and not only there.

I would say most of the spices in Thai dishes are the same wherever you get Thai food..though they can taste different depending on the cook.

Also quite a few Thai people eat at Tin Cup. 

7 hours ago, cytolliver said:

Double post.

11 hours ago, cytolliver said:

Kiss is barely edible food, its more meant for soi dogs than humans.  

I found it easily edible, never seen soi dogs sat at the tables either.

On 04/05/2019 at 06:13, Ziplee said:

What about Robin’s Nest? I’ve read reviews that it was good, but not much info on prices.

For a added bonus. Anybody say in their guesthouse?

I eat there regularly for years now, both Thai and Farang dishes. Never had a bad meal so far.

A couple of years ago i also stayed there. Was one night in a small room (because the bigger ones were not available on first night) and it was... small. But still ok, for one night. After that a balcony room was free for the rest of my stay and it was a pretty good room. Only downside, you will hear some lady singing the same songs every night until ~2-3am from the bar on the other side. No chance to sleep before she stops, so if you want to sleep before 3am, not the place where i would stay again.

5 minutes ago, JohnDoesPattaya said:

Only downside, you will hear some lady singing the same songs every night

555 I just booked my February trip and staying at Robin's Nest, Balcony Room. It seems my favorite hotel was already full... 9 months from now. Damn! 

15 hours ago, barmatt said:

Harry's on soi Dianna next to LK Metropole have 100baht burger or steak specials which are surprisingly good.

They have it again?

6 minutes ago, Ziplee said:

555 I just booked my February trip and staying at Robin's Nest, Balcony Room. It seems my favorite hotel was already full... 9 months from now. Damn! 

Just cancel it, or do not think about going to bed before she stops around ~2-3am. If you do not want to sleep earlier, it is a great place to stay.. location, restaurant, room, all good!

Just now, Tarpon said:

Every day.

Thanks. Seems that low season is here. I think I eat that burger maybe 10 times last low season and then it was gone. My next Sunday's brunch will be there.

For the OP if you need some really good fast food when drunk, go to McDoner in the junction of LK Metro and soi Buakhao and take medium lamb doner with all the trimmings. Easily the best kebab available in Pattaya. Price is not the cheapest at 105bht but I can tell you it's worth it.

3 hours ago, JohnDoesPattaya said:

Just cancel it,

My favorite hotel, Pattaya Blue Sky, being booked up 9 months in advance seems odd. So I'll stick with Robin's nest for now. I've got earplugs if I need them.

On 02/05/2019 at 10:32, likeaking said:

Captain's Bar and Restaurant on Soi Honey, nearer the Buakhao end, has decent breakfast specials for <100 baht. 

Captain's Bar have specials starting at 85 baht every day; it is a great little place and clean. 

4 hours ago, jpmelville said:

They have it again?

As of last month it was.

Archived