IGNORED

Golfing Trips around Thailand

roderick

Greetings All !!

From time to time, I've read that some bars, clubs and golfers organize trips to various places around Thailand to play golf, take-in the sights  and hang-out for a while.  It seems that while each club or bar advertise an upcoming  trip on their own internet site, there isnt one site that shows all golfing trips being planned by the various clubs  each month or for the year.  This poses a challenge in trying to keep  track of which golfing trips are coming-up, and possibly going along and joining them. 

Has anyone figured out to how to solve this golfing dilemma ??

James      

2 hours ago, roderick said:

Greetings All !!

From time to time, I've read that some bars, clubs and golfers organize trips to various places around Thailand to play golf, take-in the sights  and hang-out for a while.  It seems that while each club or bar advertise an upcoming  trip on their own internet site, there isnt one site that shows all golfing trips being planned by the various clubs  each month or for the year.  This poses a challenge in trying to keep  track of which golfing trips are coming-up, and possibly going along and joining them. 

James      

If you google Pattaya Sports Club and go into their website you should find "Golf Schedule"

This will give you all the bars and where they're playing golf each day.

Not sure they do sight seeing...it's just golf. You leave from the bar in the morning and return later that day.

THE MAIN THING IS TO KEEP THE MAIN THING THE MAIN THING

2 hours ago, farcanal said:

If you google Pattaya Sports Club and go into their website you should find "golf Schedule"

This will give you all the bars and where they're playing golf each day.

Not sure they do sight seeing...it's just golf. You leave from the bar in the morning and return later that day.

Been up Khao Yai with golf club LK 2018 Songkran before Steve the owner sadly passed away, was very enjoyable. 

I find easiest way is to follow them all on FB. I’m playing my golf next week when I arrive with outback instead of Golfclub LK as there courses choices interest me more,

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

I don't know of a central posting site for golf trips around Thailand out of Pattaya so I think your answer is to determine which bars go on trips and to contact them on a regular basis .

I know Jomtien Golf out of Frasers Bar is doing a Hua Hin trip week of May 12  for blokes only .  They are IPGC and not Pattaya Sports club so you will need to get phone numbers from the IPGC site .

21 hours ago, roderick said:

Greetings All !!

James      

James, are you travelling alone or with some golfing mates?

I always have 3 mates and we do all our golf organising ourselves. Not difficult and you can play at your preferred time and place.....and choose caddies if you have a few numbers.

34 minutes ago, farcanal said:

James, are you travelling alone or with some golfing mates?

I always have 3 mates and we do all our golf organising ourselves. Not difficult and you can play at your preferred time and place.....and choose caddies if you have a few numbers.

Alone !!

2 hours ago, roderick said:

Alone !!

No worries

Hi Farcanal 

It would be great if I could tag along on one of your trips away from Pattaya . Do you - or your golfing friends - have any plans to travel sometime soon?? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/05/2019 at 07:32, roderick said:

Alone !!

Paul at Retox has been organising a Songkran trip to Hua Hin for the last few years. He also does a trip in August ish time to take advantage of the Hua Hin golf festival and reduced green fee prices. There are invariably a few partners joining but mainly single guys.

I know Bunker Boys go sometimes to Khao Yai.

In answer to your original question though no - you have to find out individually.

On 01/05/2019 at 15:01, roderick said:

Hi Farcanal 

It would be great if I could tag along on one of your trips away from Pattaya . Do you - or your golfing friends - have any plans to travel sometime soon?? 

Sorry roderick, I have just spotted your post today (May 17th)

If you want to talk to a specific member who has posted a message, just click on the word "quote" in that post and the member will get a notification that someone has quoted their post.

In answer to your question, we always travel in a group of 4, but if ever we're 1 short I'll give you a shout. 

Where do you live?

4 hours ago, farcanal said:

Sorry roderick, I have just spotted your post today (May 17th)

If you want to talk to a specific member who has posted a message, just click on the word "quote" in that post and the member will get a notification that someone has quoted their post.

In answer to your question, we always travel in a group of 4, but if ever we're 1 short I'll give you a shout. 

Where do you live?

Pattaya Tai !!

3 hours ago, roderick said:

Pattaya Tai !!

Lucky bastard, I've got to wait for some free time to get up to pattaya.

Currently in Australia

On 29/04/2019 at 19:54, roderick said:

It seems that while each club or bar advertise an upcoming  trip on their own internet site, there isnt one site that shows all golfing trips being planned by the various clubs  each month or for the year

As @farcanal mentioned, pattaya sports club website is probably your best bet to see all the scheduled golf trips for the current month. Shows all the bars/restaurants names that are hosting them as well, so you can go check them out and maybe meet the organizer and/or some of the golfers. 

Curious, have you known of organizations elsewhere that have yearly schedules? 

1 hour ago, LuvThaiPussy said:

As @farcanal mentioned, pattaya sports club website is probably your best bet to see all the scheduled golf trips for the current month. Shows all the bars/restaurants names that are hosting them as well, so you can go check them out and maybe meet the organizer and/or some of the golfers. 

Curious, have you known of organizations elsewhere that have yearly schedules? 

HI Pussy 

Not really. But I do remember that the Outback Golf Club used to travel to South Africa both as an excursion and to play their favourite game. From memory, I think they planned the SA trip some 6 months in advance. I must check to see if Outback Golf continue to organize these trips !!   

On 30 April 2019 at 09:54, roderick said:

Greetings All !!

James      

Outback Golf bar do 3 or 4 a year check their website.  Billabong golf barn ear the lake als do trips. I think their next one is October again check the website.  Pattaya expat golfers group on Facebook sometimes have details of upcoming trip 

Archived