Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
roderick

Golfing Trips around Thailand

Recommended Posts

roderick

Greetings All !!

From time to time, I've read that some bars, clubs and golfers organize trips to various places around Thailand to play golf, take-in the sights  and hang-out for a while.  It seems that while each club or bar advertise an upcoming  trip on their own internet site, there isnt one site that shows all golfing trips being planned by the various clubs  each month or for the year.  This poses a challenge in trying to keep  track of which golfing trips are coming-up, and possibly going along and joining them. 

 

Has anyone figured out to how to solve this golfing dilemma ??

 

James      

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
farcanal
2 hours ago, roderick said:

Greetings All !!

From time to time, I've read that some bars, clubs and golfers organize trips to various places around Thailand to play golf, take-in the sights  and hang-out for a while.  It seems that while each club or bar advertise an upcoming  trip on their own internet site, there isnt one site that shows all golfing trips being planned by the various clubs  each month or for the year.  This poses a challenge in trying to keep  track of which golfing trips are coming-up, and possibly going along and joining them. 

 

Has anyone figured out to how to solve this golfing dilemma ??

 

James      

 

If you google Pattaya Sports Club and go into their website you should find "Golf Schedule"

This will give you all the bars and where they're playing golf each day.

Not sure they do sight seeing...it's just golf. You leave from the bar in the morning and return later that day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Joethescot
2 hours ago, farcanal said:

If you google Pattaya Sports Club and go into their website you should find "golf Schedule"

This will give you all the bars and where they're playing golf each day.

Not sure they do sight seeing...it's just golf. You leave from the bar in the morning and return later that day.

Been up Khao Yai with golf club LK 2018 Songkran before Steve the owner sadly passed away, was very enjoyable. 

I find easiest way is to follow them all on FB. I’m playing my golf next week when I arrive with outback instead of Golfclub LK as there courses choices interest me more,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
maxtroy

I don't know of a central posting site for golf trips around Thailand out of Pattaya so I think your answer is to determine which bars go on trips and to contact them on a regular basis .

I know Jomtien Golf out of Frasers Bar is doing a Hua Hin trip week of May 12  for blokes only .  They are IPGC and not Pattaya Sports club so you will need to get phone numbers from the IPGC site .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
farcanal
21 hours ago, roderick said:

Greetings All !!

From time to time, I've read that some bars, clubs and golfers organize trips to various places around Thailand to play golf, take-in the sights  and hang-out for a while.  It seems that while each club or bar advertise an upcoming  trip on their own internet site, there isnt one site that shows all golfing trips being planned by the various clubs  each month or for the year.  This poses a challenge in trying to keep  track of which golfing trips are coming-up, and possibly going along and joining them. 

 

Has anyone figured out to how to solve this golfing dilemma ??

 

James      

 

 

James, are you travelling alone or with some golfing mates?

I always have 3 mates and we do all our golf organising ourselves. Not difficult and you can play at your preferred time and place.....and choose caddies if you have a few numbers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
roderick
34 minutes ago, farcanal said:

 

James, are you travelling alone or with some golfing mates?

I always have 3 mates and we do all our golf organising ourselves. Not difficult and you can play at your preferred time and place.....and choose caddies if you have a few numbers.

Alone !!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
farcanal
2 hours ago, roderick said:

Alone !!

No worries

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
roderick

Hi Farcanal 

 

It would be great if I could tag along on one of your trips away from Pattaya . Do you - or your golfing friends - have any plans to travel sometime soon?? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kanga
On 01/05/2019 at 07:32, roderick said:

Alone !!

Paul at Retox has been organising a Songkran trip to Hua Hin for the last few years. He also does a trip in August ish time to take advantage of the Hua Hin golf festival and reduced green fee prices. There are invariably a few partners joining but mainly single guys.

I know Bunker Boys go sometimes to Khao Yai.

In answer to your original question though no - you have to find out individually.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
farcanal
On 01/05/2019 at 15:01, roderick said:

Hi Farcanal 

 

It would be great if I could tag along on one of your trips away from Pattaya . Do you - or your golfing friends - have any plans to travel sometime soon?? 

Sorry roderick, I have just spotted your post today (May 17th)

If you want to talk to a specific member who has posted a message, just click on the word "quote" in that post and the member will get a notification that someone has quoted their post.

In answer to your question, we always travel in a group of 4, but if ever we're 1 short I'll give you a shout. 

Where do you live?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
roderick
4 hours ago, farcanal said:

Sorry roderick, I have just spotted your post today (May 17th)

If you want to talk to a specific member who has posted a message, just click on the word "quote" in that post and the member will get a notification that someone has quoted their post.

In answer to your question, we always travel in a group of 4, but if ever we're 1 short I'll give you a shout. 

Where do you live?

Pattaya Tai !!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
farcanal
3 hours ago, roderick said:

Pattaya Tai !!

Lucky bastard, I've got to wait for some free time to get up to pattaya.

Currently in Australia

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LuvThaiPussy
On 29/04/2019 at 19:54, roderick said:

It seems that while each club or bar advertise an upcoming  trip on their own internet site, there isnt one site that shows all golfing trips being planned by the various clubs  each month or for the year

As @farcanal mentioned, pattaya sports club website is probably your best bet to see all the scheduled golf trips for the current month. Shows all the bars/restaurants names that are hosting them as well, so you can go check them out and maybe meet the organizer and/or some of the golfers. 

 

Curious, have you known of organizations elsewhere that have yearly schedules? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
roderick
1 hour ago, LuvThaiPussy said:

As @farcanal mentioned, pattaya sports club website is probably your best bet to see all the scheduled golf trips for the current month. Shows all the bars/restaurants names that are hosting them as well, so you can go check them out and maybe meet the organizer and/or some of the golfers. 

 

Curious, have you known of organizations elsewhere that have yearly schedules? 

HI Pussy 

 

Not really. But I do remember that the Outback Golf Club used to travel to South Africa both as an excursion and to play their favourite game. From memory, I think they planned the SA trip some 6 months in advance. I must check to see if Outback Golf continue to organize these trips !!   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Harve
On 30 April 2019 at 09:54, roderick said:

Greetings All !!

From time to time, I've read that some bars, clubs and golfers organize trips to various places around Thailand to play golf, take-in the sights  and hang-out for a while.  It seems that while each club or bar advertise an upcoming  trip on their own internet site, there isnt one site that shows all golfing trips being planned by the various clubs  each month or for the year.  This poses a challenge in trying to keep  track of which golfing trips are coming-up, and possibly going along and joining them. 

 

Has anyone figured out to how to solve this golfing dilemma ??

 

James      

 

Outback Golf bar do 3 or 4 a year check their website.  Billabong golf barn ear the lake als do trips. I think their next one is October again check the website.  Pattaya expat golfers group on Facebook sometimes have details of upcoming trip 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.