jocky king

Speedtest on internet

jocky king

Just had a look on speedtest on my broadband ( WiFi) at home ... Got transferred to the Vodafone from the Virgin Media this week  . Was paying €59 a month for unlimited internet use , now I will be paying €25 a month for 6 month , €40 thereafter .  All ok but my phone is not doing well with new network . Must go down to Vodafone to ask .. Checked the speedtest , very good they say ? ... what yours ? 

06A9AF02-D9BF-416D-9C00-7491BAD2B41A.png

Petesie

Download OOKLA mate, gives you upload and download, it's free.

I like free. :)

kansuwan

In Thailand, on 3BB: 

Download 50.79; Upload 54.73

jocky king
1 minute ago, kansuwan said:

In Thailand, on 3BB: 

Download 50.79; Upload 54.73

That is very good ...What company are you on ? 

davidge

You’re very lucky JK. I have to pay a bloody fortune for crap internet here.

At the moment I pay £35 a month with Plusnet - supposedly ‘fibre’. 

Doesn’t matter which company I use as they all use the same ancient lines to connect me to the ‘green boxes’ which are over half a mile from me. The best download I get is around 14, less than 5 this morning.

I get similar speeds whoever I’m with - tried pretty much everyone over the years.

I even had correspondence with the Welsh Government Minister and her Officials as I was fed up of them claiming most Welsh homes have access to ‘superfast broadband’. It’s all bloody lies as they count speeds to the boxes not to actual houses.  Not much point having ‘superfast’ to boxes when they then use ancient telephone lines to get the internet to people’s homes! 

overseas516

On Virgin Media Fibre here in the UK @ £20.00 per month including all calls on a 12 month contract. The renewals team made a mistake and the price should have been closer to £40 a month but as i have it in writing they can only charge me £20.

Download = 109.80

Upload = 5.57

Dr No

Download at 47mps, upload at 38mps. All gratis thanks to the company footing the bill on my internet. 

1159A5D6-5F2A-4C88-AA44-065086648B45.jpeg

Scuba+

In Glasgow with Virgin I had 100mbps, totally unnecessary and you don't even notice when they keep increasing the speed, which you don't want anyway. They used to secretly throttle anyway.

In Pattaya my AIS is 4mbps and is fine for streaming live sport and movies and series. I'd say AIS is better than Virgin as no throttling noticed

JAI DEE MAK

I just had a new fibre line installed by 3bb.

IMG_20190428_162132_resized_20190428_044757641.jpg