Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Where to Next

Welshpat

Hi

As I have mentioned previously on this board I shall be returning to Pattaya after a ten year break. - I have got the bit back between my teeth now and have booked to come againg in September - this time I will be flying with Air Oman via Muscat -  good price but not heard of them before - has anyone flown with them ? If so what was your experiences like ?

Due to my advancing year and my own ill health this could be the last time that I am able to visit the LOS and wondered where else I should try, I think one trip to Pattaya is enough for me. 

I would like to visit somewhere where there are still plenty of girls but a place which is quieter than Pattaya, been to Phuket was not that keen - Phi Phi and Krabi where very beautiful but bit too quite for me, what are your guy's thoughts suggestions welcome.

Thanks in advance

Pat

Hi, I have been coming to Thailand for 38 years and pattaya has dramatically changed over the years, much more commercialized with the advent of youtube vids  Especially so over the past 10 years with the prices going sky high. 10 years ago you would have been getting around 20% for whatever is your home currency and the Girls can demand X2 or x3 times more then they were asking 10 years ago....However all is not so bad I recommend you visit up country Udon Thani, There is a Thriving lively P$P bar scene up there and is more paced to the older generation like you and me....The bar girls are much less harden unlike Pattaya. Infact I would say the P4P scene is more like Pattaya was 10 or 20 years ago. You will spend far less, and the girls are on the whole much more friendlier ... There is a flight that goes from Pattaya Utapo airport to Udon Thani so you can be up there in a couple of hours...Enjoy your trip what ever you decide to do

On 19/04/2019 at 14:26, Welshpat said:

Hi

As I have mentioned previously on this board I shall be returning to Pattaya after a ten year break. - I have got the bit back between my teeth now and have booked to come againg in September - this time I will be flying with Air Oman via Muscat -  good price but not heard of them before - has anyone flown with them ? If so what was your experiences like ?

Bit surprised you've never heard of them considering they hold the record price paid for a pair of Heathrow slots at $75 million. Fly Dreamliners now on both sectors and Muscat has a brand new airport opened this time last year.

Hua Hin is a nice seaside town, and much quieter than Pattaya. You might like Soi 80. 

On 19/04/2019 at 23:26, Welshpat said:

I will be flying with Air Oman via Muscat -  good price but not heard of them before - has anyone flown with them ? If so what was your experiences like ?

http://www.airlinequality.com is a good source of info on airline quality, based on passenger reactions.

I've flown with Air Oman, though a few years ago. Not much to say really. Nothing really bad or good. Got the job done ok and that's what mattered. The airport in Oman is one of the most boring airports I've been in, not that it bothered me much.

On 19/04/2019 at 07:26, Welshpat said:

Hi

Due to my advancing year and my own ill health this could be the last time that I am able to visit the LOS and wondered where else I should try, I think one trip to Pattaya is enough for me. 

I would like to visit somewhere where there are still plenty of girls but a place which is quieter than Pattaya, been to Phuket was not that keen - Phi Phi and Krabi where very beautiful but bit too quite for me, what are your guy's thoughts suggestions welcome.

Thanks in advance

Pat

Here would be few questions; what time of year did you come to Pattaya , what sort of activities do you like in your advancing years, and how long are you thinking of staying?  I think if you have not been to Pattaya in 10 years there would be quite a few things that have changed and the appeal to me is that it is so handy/relative good value compared to other spots in Thailand.  I have only been coming to Pattaya for last 4 years - always tail end of high season until Songkran and would say that this was the first year that found things noticeably less busy than other years.  I would imagine in September they may even be slower.  I, too thought Hua was a good alternative to Pattaya as not as busy, but I went there this year(6 days) and it was much too quiet.  I thought that Pattaya was maybe the best this year that I have seen in last 4 years, but maybe that due to more local knowledge than less people.  In 70 days of Thailand I spent 60 or them in Pattaya and thought it was fine.  

• 3 months later...

you could try a differrent country like phnom penh cambodia. only an hour from bangkok on plane.

• 2 weeks later...

As long as I can I will keep traveling to Pattaya. I don’t think I will live there again, but visit a few times per year is on the books. Its hard to find a place that can match Pattaya in any was , shape or form.

• 1 month later...
On 19/08/2019 at 05:03, FarangKiNok said:

As long as I can I will keep traveling to Pattaya. I don’t think I will live there again, but visit a few times per year is on the books. Its hard to find a place that can match Pattaya in any was , shape or form.

This. You can find girls from all over Thailand in Pattaya.  No need to go up to Issan.  You can get girls for reasonable rates in Pattaya if you stay away from the GoGo's.  GoGo's are only for 2 week milllionaires now a days imo.  You can find really nice looking girls with lower mileage other ways for much less. 

Pattaya has all the infractructure and restaurants and services anyone could want.  It's much more laid back and easy to get around than Bkk that's for sure.  It's not hard to find quieter and cheaper areas if the main tourists areas are too busy for you.  You can stay out in Jomtien or the dark side or Naklua for a quieter time.  I would say Naklua is best if you want to take baht buses into Pattaya regularly.  Jomtien would be my second choice but first if being near the beach is important to you.  If on the dark side you pretty much need your own transportation to get around.

Archived