Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

How to apply for dual Thai / English passport for my 3yr old Thai girl.

Gymnastic

My Thai baby girl is 3yrs old & I would like to apply for dual Thai / English passport. Any advice & guidance on this matter appreciated.

My Thai baby girl is 3yrs old & I would like to apply for dual Thai / English passport. Any advice & guidance on this matter appreciated.
Not sure there is anything called a dual Thai /English passport .
I'm guessing you will need to apply for separate passports from the relevant authorities of each country.

Sent from my Mi A2 Lite using Tapatalk

gusincebu is spot on.  No such thing as a dual nationality passport.  If eligible you can have two or more passports of different nationalities.  

Good luck.

"Disappointing girls one inch at a time"

On 19/04/2019 at 12:38, gusincebu said:

Not sure there is anything called a dual Thai /English passport .

My guess is that the OP is asking how to apply for UK citizenship for his daughter.  I would assume she is already a Thai citizen by birth.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

I started here: https://www.gov.uk/world/organisations/british-embassy-bangkok and asked your question.  The UK embassy in Bangkok’s website sent me here;  https://www.gov.uk/get-a-child-passport

Then I searched for info on getting a  Thai child a passport and found this:  

Information About Applying For A Thai Passport !

If the Thai passport applicant was born to parents who did not sign a marriage certificate, only the mother of the applicant can sign the parental consent form. She will need to bring a letter guaranteeing sole guardianship issued by her domicile district office (Por Kor 14) accompanied by her ID Card which must bear the title ‘Miss’. If the applicant was born to parents who did not sign a marriage certificate, the father of the applicant cannot sign the parental consent form alone unless there is a court order granting sole guardianship to the Father. If the applicant’s parents were divorced or did not live together, a parent who is present to sign the parental consent form will need to bring the memorandum of divorce proving sole custody of the appearing parent. If the applicant’s birth parents had officially given up the applicant for adoption, they cannot sign the parental consent form on behalf of the adoptive parents. Required Thai passport documents must be original or must be certified or notarized by the district office or agency that issued the documents.

Documents required for applicants under the age of 15

Birth Certificate or a certified copy from the applicant’s district office

House Registration

Parents or legal guardian’s Citizenship I.D. Card or the other identification card which compiles to the rules of the Ministry of Interior

A parental consent letter and a certified copy of the parent’s Citizenship I.D. Card of non-appearing parent

Other relevant documents such as

Change of Name or Surname Certificate

Adoption/Legal Guardianship Certificate

Divorce Certificate

Divorce’s memorandum certifying sole custody of the appearing parent

Death Certificate of non-appearing parent

Judicial declaration of incompetence of non-appearing parent

Alien Certificate of the applicant’s parents

Application fee

Passport application fee: 1,000 Baht

postage service (EMS) fee: 35 Baht

I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.

Winston Churchill

On 19/04/2019 at 11:13, SteveX08 said:

gusincebu is spot on.  No such thing as a dual nationality passport.  If eligible you can have two or more passports of different nationalities.  

Good luck.

Luck does not play any part in the process only correct documents and eligibility.

JDM

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.

http://www.condopattaya-rent.com

On 21/04/2019 at 01:44, forqalso said:

I started here: https://www.gov.uk/world/organisations/british-embassy-bangkok and asked your question.  The UK embassy in Bangkok’s website sent me here;  https://www.gov.uk/get-a-child-passport

Then I searched for info on getting a  Thai child a passport and found this:  

Information About Applying For A Thai Passport !

If the Thai passport applicant was born to parents who did not sign a marriage certificate, only the mother of the applicant can sign the parental consent form. She will need to bring a letter guaranteeing sole guardianship issued by her domicile district office (Por Kor 14) accompanied by her ID Card which must bear the title ‘Miss’. If the applicant was born to parents who did not sign a marriage certificate, the father of the applicant cannot sign the parental consent form alone unless there is a court order granting sole guardianship to the Father. If the applicant’s parents were divorced or did not live together, a parent who is present to sign the parental consent form will need to bring the memorandum of divorce proving sole custody of the appearing parent. If the applicant’s birth parents had officially given up the applicant for adoption, they cannot sign the parental consent form on behalf of the adoptive parents. Required Thai passport documents must be original or must be certified or notarized by the district office or agency that issued the documents.

Documents required for applicants under the age of 15

Birth Certificate or a certified copy from the applicant’s district office

House Registration

Parents or legal guardian’s Citizenship I.D. Card or the other identification card which compiles to the rules of the Ministry of Interior

A parental consent letter and a certified copy of the parent’s Citizenship I.D. Card of non-appearing parent

Other relevant documents such as

Change of Name or Surname Certificate

Adoption/Legal Guardianship Certificate

Divorce Certificate

Divorce’s memorandum certifying sole custody of the appearing parent

Death Certificate of non-appearing parent

Judicial declaration of incompetence of non-appearing parent

Alien Certificate of the applicant’s parents

Application fee

Passport application fee: 1,000 Baht

postage service (EMS) fee: 35 Baht

Outstanding post the only thing I can see you have not mentioned is "and a lot of leg work".

My son has both from 2 month old I was amazed that where the passports are normally signed they put a print of the child big toe 55555.

JDM

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.

http://www.condopattaya-rent.com

Archived