IGNORED

Page 10 refurb

vimto66

Seems the Page 10 hotel (soi 10) has had a refurb of late, i hadn`t a clue until just now checking hotels for july, the rooms look nice and im seriously thinking of booking it, its got a new website too:).I`ve always like the soi, great central area convenient for baht bus routes and LK.

Anybody stayed since the refurb, or know anyone who has.

Thanks.

I stayed at Page 10 many times a few years ago it was poorly built in the first place cut myself on sharp tiles in the pool so its good to see its being done up

42 minutes ago, oschkosch said:

Does the pool get any sun?

Gesendet von meinem SM-G950F mit Tapatalk

As far as i know its on the roof so i would imagine so.

As far as i know its on the roof so i would imagine so.
Some pics show a sort of roof above the sun loungers, hence my question.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G950F mit Tapatalk

I stayed there a few years ago and the rooftop pool gets sun all the time.  In fact my issue was that there weren't enough places by the pool to escape the direct sun,  Hopefully they have added a few umbrellas.

I booked here at the end of the month also heard about the refurbishing. I stayed here a few years ago it was good but maybe slightly overpriced at the time. The location is the nuts easy baht bus to Soi 6 and Walking Street and right by Central. I'll let u know how it is. 

• Like 2

Like a few others, I stayed there a couple of times a few years ago (in 2014), was great then but the build quality definitely wasn't the best,still quite innovative room designs and features and very smart and clean reception area and bar and internal hallways etc. Rooftop pool gets plenty of sun as I recall and with gym also it has pretty much everything.

Great location too, doesn't really get any more central. I thought it got a bit overpriced last few years, never really saw it below 2000 baht a night and I think there is better value not too far away...

one of my all time favorites,the bar lady made great cocktails--hopefully they will keep the same prices after the refurb

Better to pay for a fantasy than lose to an illusion 

trips to Angeles city 2015/2016    best sexual experience    best condoms

8th  trip 7th trip  6th trip 5th trip micro trip  3rd trip  2nd trip   

maiden trip

trip to lagos

ON my short list, due location, room size and rooftop pool.

Will be interested in reviews since the refurb

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

18 hours ago, buzzkillaton said:

I booked here at the end of the month also heard about the refurbishing. I stayed here a few years ago it was good but maybe slightly overpriced at the time. The location is the nuts easy baht bus to Soi 6 and Walking Street and right by Central. I'll let u know how it is. 

You do that buzz, it would be appreciated, even though i`ve already pulled the trigger and booked!

Regarding the prices, i agree it did used to seem expensive in he past, but for some reason it appears a bit cheaper than it used to be, maybe its because they`re having a promotion cos of the refurb, or maybe not, or perhaps i jut got lucky!

3 hours ago, Jagaar said:

ON my short list, due location, room size and rooftop pool.

Will be interested in reviews since the refurb

Agoda and trip advisor reviews are positive of late, one of the reasons why i decided to give it a go!

3 minutes ago, vimto66 said:

Agoda and trip advisor reviews are positive of late, one of the reasons why i decided to give it a go!

Yes I use trip advisor alot for reviews and deciding on hotels, restaurants etc

By asking fellow members of their experiences, you  get reviews from travellers who have similar aims in meeting and entertaining "guests"

I stayed at this place twice back in 2016 and 2017.  Nice hotel, good location, enjoy the pool but not worth $80 per night.  Nice to hear the rooms are finally getting refurbished as things were looking pretty tired back then.

11 hours ago, holonia said:

i am plan my vacation and cant decide , checked all hotels in my budget 30-40$ and now need your 50 cent what to choose

1. Page 10 - 40$ for night

2. hotel vista -40$ for night

3.247 hotel - 35$

4.acqua hotel - 50$

Still doing my research on hotels, but Page 10 out of those four based on price if you get a refurbished room.

Haven't heard much about the Vista.

Acqua heard good things about, but not maybe not worth the extra $

7 hours ago, Jagaar said:

Still doing my research on hotels, but Page 10 out of those four based on price if you get a refurbished room.

Haven't heard much about the Vista.

Acqua heard good things about, but not maybe not worth the extra $

The Acqua does look nice but the small size of the rooms puts me off, you can pay more for a bigger room but i think the rooms are a bit overpriced, although the facilities look/sound quite good

On 27/04/2019 at 03:18, holonia said:

i am plan my vacation and cant decide , checked all hotels in my budget 30-40$ and now need your 50 cent what to choose

1. Page 10 - 40$ for night

2. hotel vista -40$ for night

3.247 hotel - 35$

4.acqua hotel - 50$

Page 10 for 40.00 is a good deal. I never stay at at Acqua but have went in my buddies room and as others have said its small. Its nice but id go 1.page 10(even at50 bucks) and 2.Acqua

I'm staying at Page 10 coming in tomorrow so ill let u guys know if my rooms is refurbished.

• Like 2

Oh yeah my room is for sure refurbished. Its nicer then when i stayed here last 3-4 years ago. Same ugly ladyboy working the front desk though! 

1 hour ago, buzzkillaton said:

Oh yeah my room is for sure refurbished. Its nicer then when i stayed here last 3-4 years ago. Same ugly ladyboy working the front desk though! 

So the room is nice?  Just smile at the ladyboy and leave her wondering what your upto

2 hours ago, Jagaar said:

So the room is nice?  Just smile at the ladyboy and leave her wondering what your upto

Yeah all the marble looks nice and new. Has a desk(cant remember if that was there) with chair, another mini sofa with table. Bathtub(cant remember if that was there) and shower. Still has the little adjustable sliding wall so u can see through for the bathroom to keep a eye on your girl to make sure she doesnt take your shit while your taking a dump or perv her while shes in there. Tons of outlets everywhere, AC is cold and right next to the bed to adjust.

If I'm not to lazy ill add some pics over my stay sometime. Its worth 50 USD a night for sure.

I was in Page 10 for about 10 nights until 5th of March this year, Grand Deluxe room.

• The breakfast was OK.
  • There's no shades around the pool. 
  • The "Fitness room" is so tiny it's not usable, and no air-con.

The main drawbacks for me were;

• The noise until 3am from the 2 bars across the street. "Lucky new friend" has a guitarist/singer every night, and "Orn Bar" has karaoke and loud music.
  • The air con in the room is loud even on the lowest setting. It took me at least 5-6 nights to get used to it.
  • The floor in the shower is not leveled properly. After each shower there is 2-3 centimeters of water that stays/don't go to the sink..  It can be dangerous if you take multiple shower a day. You have to be careful with your first step.

Big plus was :

• The room is clean. Room service did a good job.
  • No joiner fee for one girl (I didn't tried 2) and the girls liked the room and the big shower.
  • Very good central location.
  • The girls at the bar across the street "Lucky new friend" where very friendly I had a good time with them, playing pool, drinking, just chilling every night before going to sleep.

I'm looking for another hotel for my next trip, maybe LK The empress. If I can decide until then, I'll go back to Page 10. Despite the few drawbacks it's very good value for money.

Edited by Goojaoarr
  • Like 2

Whats the storage space like for clothes, i know the wardrobe is a bit different as its kinda in the bathroom, but is there a set of drawers as well.

in deluxe room wardrobe is in the bathroom, in grand deluxe in the corridor