IGNORED

UTapao Departure Terminal now Open

Explorer8939

There is a food court on the second floor, including a KFC.

Unfortunately, there are the same number of check in counters as before.

I am told the new freeway from Pattaya will be open in 3 months. In the meantime, I was driven down a road parallel with Sukhumvit, from Jomtien about 10 kms south to a road that cuts over to hwy 331 that goes direct to UTapao. This road runs along the railroad tracks.

They are implementing an advanced biometric system in immigration now, probably as a test. It's no fun, and no one could follow the instructions.

The new road seems just about ready.

IMG_20190417_143804.jpg

• 2 months later...

Not only is the new building handling departures now, but also the jetways are operational, no buses from the plane today.

The same was not true for Khon Kaen, we had to walk quite a distance to get to the plane, I guess they forgot to get buses there.

IMG_20190701_084359.jpg

On 15/04/2019 at 22:04, Explorer8939 said:

I was driven down a road parallel with Sukhumvit, from Jomtien about 10 kms south to a road that cuts over to hwy 331 that goes direct to UTapao. This road runs along the railroad tracks.

That's the Pattaya Bypass which I wish taxi drivers would learn where it is.

Archived