IGNORED

Denied at port of entry (possible?)

AngryBear

On 28/07/2019 at 03:31, jojomecanic said:

Bangkok is a plane hub for me, and I usually stay 1 or 2 nights in transit. Can happen more than 10 times a year. I have loaded of stamps in my passport. Though I never had problems arriving in bkk.

But I had problems in Tokyo regarding my many trips in Thailand. They questioned me as they found it suspiscious. And looked through all my belongings. And let me in the country... they could not understand why I was always staying only overnight in Thailand.

So you've used 10 visa exempts on single day visits in a single year ? If so this alone tells me that the issue is not with how many entries you hand but how long you stay in the country.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png.1f0f42a5871e9dd7c3c9a7a6b17a945e.png.6e53c5df987c5123968edc4f1dd563a0.png

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 15/04/2019 at 21:42, Scuba+ said:

You are allowed 2 visa exempts per year at land borders, 6 at airports. They seem to be targeting people with many tourist visas and visa exempts in a year. Take 20,000 baht equivalent, I also had a TM11 form ready to go in case entry was denied.

They can send you back where you came from, but worth asking for KL or Cambodia

Not saying your wrong as I'm unsure myself but I thought you were flagged after 6 visa exempts no matter the time period. 

Are you sure it resets every year?

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png.1f0f42a5871e9dd7c3c9a7a6b17a945e.png.6e53c5df987c5123968edc4f1dd563a0.png

Not saying your wrong as I'm unsure myself but I thought you were flagged after 6 visa exempts no matter the time period. 
Are you sure it resets every year?
I'm not sure, but that's what i hear over at thaivisa where the experts hang out

6 hours ago, think8787 said:

So you've used 10 visa exempts on single day visits in a single year ? If so this alone tells me that the issue is not with how many entries you hand but how long you stay in the country.

Maybe the issue is a combination of those two. People staying more than one or two days and lots of times.

7 hours ago, Scuba+ said:

I'm not sure, but that's what i hear over at thaivisa where the experts hang out

We obviously have different definitions of "experts" 555

That said, there's a couple on the ball and as they rightly say, there is no such law/rule as "6 by air".

I have very strong suspicions it will get you flagged though for longer than usual perusal of your movements, I had an IO take about 15 minutes flicking back and forward through my passport and checking the computer without saying a word before giving it back to me.

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/08/2019 at 20:29, Ru4Real said:

We obviously have different definitions of "experts" 555

That said, there's a couple on the ball and as they rightly say, there is no such law/rule as "6 by air".

I have very strong suspicions it will get you flagged though for longer than usual perusal of your movements, I had an IO take about 15 minutes flicking back and forward through my passport and checking the computer without saying a word before giving it back to me.

As long as it's 6 visa free entries within a year im fine won't get flagged. Some of the posts on thaivisa were saying you get flagged after ANY 6 visa exempts no matter when they occurred. I'd that's the case I'm due for a flag even though I've only used 2 on the past year. 

Even if you do get flagged unlikely to be an issue if a "real tourist", as in obviously not living in Thailand.

I think my passport got more than the usual attention that time because, from memory, I had been there for three weeks over Christmas and New Year, then in for a couple of weeks in June, then a couple of weeks in September, then 5 days in October, then 5 days in November then back again at Christmas for three weeks ... so the last few entries could have looked like someone working illegally.

• 1 month later...

Just saw this thread. I think only people staying on Visa Exempts continously AND do always make full use of them (staying 28, 29 or 30 days) might get problems.

My passport looks really funny and got 15 pages full of Thai stamps from the past 5 years. I have been coming to Thailand on visa exempts 6 times this year 2019 and stayed 14-19 days per visit. No issues. Last year I had 8 stamps staying in total 122 days in Thailand, in 2017 I had 7 stamps and always stayed around 2 weeks....never had any issue.

Archived