Jump to content

Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Luxury Pattaya Condo Rentals | Le Pub Soi Diamond | Pattaya Investigations | Babydolls Agogo | Pattaya News | Pattaya Bars | Night Wish Group 7th Anniversary Party | Add your Text or Event here

Greyhound

Empty bars

Recommended Posts

Greyhound

I wonder if other think same as I when it comes to empty bars in Pattaya. Many are closed and most of bars have only 1 or 2 customer even in high season. I talked with friend today and he asked me to join him in Pattaya because no people him say. Bars stay without customers and also not many employed in the bars. Only few bars have much customers every day but it is always same bars. I was Pattaya new year and I noticed it was very quiet around new year. New year 31 dec it was ok but after and before quiet. I wonder if it is same now? People come 18 -20 and after go away again. Is it like him say very quiet and no people now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
everard
2 hours ago, Greyhound said:

I wonder if other think same as I when it comes to empty bars in Pattaya. Many are closed and most of bars have only 1 or 2 customer even in high season. I talked with friend today and he asked me to join him in Pattaya because no people him say. Bars stay without customers and also not many employed in the bars. Only few bars have much customers every day but it is always same bars. I was Pattaya new year and I noticed it was very quiet around new year. New year 31 dec it was ok but after and before quiet. I wonder if it is same now? People come 18 -20 and after go away again. Is it like him say very quiet and no people now?

thailand is not the  value for money it once was.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
galt67

MANY bars, especially beer bars, are 'subsidized' by monthly payments from farangs OUTSIDE Thailand.

Typically, the guy buys a bar for his girl for 'something to do.'

And to keep it going, WU does a booming business.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Machinations

I am not bothered about no customers in bars. I sometimes prefer it like that.
The good bars will always have customers.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bozza

I'm amazed how they make money ,there are hundreds of bars and most are empty the time of year I go .I don't like being the only one in a bar .

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jürgün

easy circle..if a bar have many lovely Ladys People will talk about it and go there, they tell other People, so this bars will allways be full...the empty bars mostly not find beautyful enough Young Ladys..

i wouldnt have a Problem to join a empty bar, but most of the time there is nothing interesting for me and most man think same...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fostraswift

maybe soem bar are a money wash operation

 

remember breaking bad:P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Greyhound

There are probably many different things why bars are empty. The thin is that Pattaya not have so much people coming what i heard. How is it now? 1 week before song khran. In the past much people already but now i heard not much at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Machinations
There are probably many different things why bars are empty. The thin is that Pattaya not have so much people coming what i heard. How is it now? 1 week before song khran. In the past much people already but now i heard not much at all.
Probably got tired of getting soaked everyday for a week.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bedbath

I was wondering why that miami bar in walking st was open. I started to go in one day and the watress and door man attacked me. So I turned around and left. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bluechef

There is a fairly new bar on soi beaukhou , called nightingales , it is opposite jolly's it was GUS , All beers allday are 50  bhat, it is nicely done out, with some pretty girls, and a few ladyboys. Been in there a couple of times, even at these prices it is still empty.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bluechef
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Machinations said:

Probably got tired of getting soaked everyday for a week.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
 

My condo complex is like a ghost town , alot of scandinavians have gone home for the summer, alot of long term residents have left town for a week

Edited by bluechef

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sg1912
3 hours ago, everard said:

thailand is not the  value for money it once was.

True, Western money doesn’t go far in Thailand like it does in the Philippines, Vietnam etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
everard
Just now, sg1912 said:

True, Western money doesn’t go far in Thailand like it does in the Philippines, Vietnam etc.

gone are the days when i used to come to thailand for 5 weeks its going to be 3 weeks in thailand,while i,m there go to vietnam for 10 days,then 15 days in south africa,cost me less to do that than the former,thailands had its day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lhasa

Is the sky falling again ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Shilo
1 minute ago, Lhasa said:

Is the sky falling again ?

There we go... always the same pattern.

The thread opens with some guys pointing out the obvious that Pattaya is a shadow of it's former self...and then the cheerleaders jump in and accuse anyone casting light on the deterring situation of being "Doom and Gloomers". 

I've been coming here for the past 18yrs and living here as an ex-pat for the past 11. I pride myself in my ability to adapt to my surroundings. There is nothing keeping me here other then my choice to stay. I've been saying it for years..."Pattaya is a great place to retire but it no longer offers decent value for someone on holiday."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SirL
7 minutes ago, Shilo said:

There we go... always the same pattern.

The thread opens with some guys pointing out the obvious that Pattaya is a shadow of it's former self...and then the cheerleaders jump in and accuse anyone casting light on the deterring situation of being "Doom and Gloomers". 

I've been coming here for the past 18yrs and living here as an ex-pat for the past 11. I pride myself in my ability to adapt to my surroundings. There is nothing keeping me here other then my choice to stay. I've been saying it for years..."Pattaya is a great place to retire but it no longer offers decent value for someone on holiday."

I look at it the other way around.  Guys retiring in their 60's will have increasing health problems, and the cost of dealing with them either by climbing insurance premiums or the direct cost of self funding health care.  That's IMO just the age when guys should be looking to the established health systems back in farangland rather than going it alone in a developing country.  IMO Pattaya is worth visiting when younger, but you wouldn't want to be retiring there as your health gets worse.  [Perhaps Americans see it differently since the health system there seems so expensive and to work so badly].

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
George1234
23 minutes ago, Shilo said:

Pattaya is a great place to retire but it no longer offers decent value for someone on holiday.

Comparatively speaking, what makes Pattaya ‘less than decent value’ as a ‘holiday destination’? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rob63
1 hour ago, everard said:

gone are the days when i used to come to thailand for 5 weeks its going to be 3 weeks in thailand,while i,m there go to vietnam for 10 days,then 15 days in south africa,cost me less to do that than the former,thailands had its day.

I understood all of that, except how South Africa fits in the picture? Is it mongering? I'm not flaming you. Just curious?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lhasa
1 minute ago, Shilo said:

There we go... always the same pattern.

The thread opens with some guys pointing out the obvious that Pattaya is a shadow of it's former self...and then the cheerleaders jump in and accuse anyone casting light on the deterring situation of being "Doom and Gloomers". 

Pattaya being a shadow of its former self is nothing but your personal opinion, i'm so sorry that my opinion does not allign with yours. I've been coming for 8 years now and i find myself enjoying myself more with each trip. And that's not me sticking my head in the sand, or trying to laugh anything away. That's because i actually mean it. 

Also being a member on these forums for 8 years and reading this exact same thread a couple of times each year does not help. I became somewhat desensitized to them.

Yes alot of bars are empty. not trying to make out that's not true. But to my recollection not alot has changed in 8 years then. Alot of bars we're empty back then aswell. To many bars for to few tourists, it's been like this since i've been coming to Pattaya. 

40 more days till wheels up, will gladly buy you a beer or 2 in one of those empty bars. ;)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kash buc

Beer bars are yesterday's business. The young guys really don't spend much time in the beer bars these days. usually find them on soi6 and the clubs on WS.  And like SirL says the older generation that use the beer bars are well getting older and moving on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SteveB

Cannot be good for Pattaya, all them Young Stud Muffins... getting it for free.:rolleyes::D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SteveB
6 hours ago, everard said:

thailand is not the value for money it once was.

Hit the nail on the head there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Czmate
58 minutes ago, rob63 said:

I understood all of that, except how South Africa fits in the picture? Is it mongering? I'm not flaming you. Just curious?

Not sure his motive for SA definitely not mongering I don’t think but if you have never been you should it’s a great place and good value for money.

i did once visit a Thai massage place near J’burg once girl working there was from Burriram not the best but any port in a storm will do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bukone

I was there the nearly the whole of February and it was quite busy, especially the soi buakhao bars, walking street is always busy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.