IGNORED

Wireless Network Connections Disappearing

Taa_Saparot

Laptop running Windows 7 that I have used for years, and has given me very little problems over those years.

But lately, a couple of times a day, my wifi connection (from the apartment I stay in) disconnects, and when I look the list of wireless network connections have disappeared.

The only thing I can do is to restart my laptop, and then everything is as it should be.

Searched for a solution online but not found much.

Is there a way of resetting the list of network connections without re-starting the laptop ?

Any other advice is much appreciated.

maybe see if there is an update to your wireless device drivers.

usually if I have wirelesss issues on my laptop, i right click on the wireless icon on bottom right, select "Open Network and Sharing Center", then "Change adapter settings" then disable wireless connection and then re-enable it

43 minutes ago, Taa_Saparot said:

Is there a way of resetting the list of network connections without re-starting the laptop ?

Have you tried disabling the wifi service and then re-enabling it? 

If you want a better experience with your "date"... read, learn, live the following:

https://forum.pattaya-addicts.com/topic/22263-vetting-bar-girls-and-how-to-pass-their-own-vett

1 minute ago, Buddy Edgewood said:

Have you tried disabling the wifi service and then re-enabling it? 

Yes.

Connections still do not return until I restart.

Is it at consistent times , are you running 5ghz (802.11a) or 2.4ghz (801.11b/g)

if you are 2.4ghz then do you have a faulty microwave being used in the vicinity as they run 2.4ghz at 800watts vs your WiFi running usually at 10 - 3 milliwatt so any WiFi gets killed if your microwave door doesn’t seal properly

Where is your router vs where is the client, and water pipes between source and destination,

likewise what manufacturer is the source router As there may be a near/far problem happening .. (think like very bright Lighthouse being the router, but small torch with low batteries being the laptop.. you can see a bright light, but they cannot receive anything from you)

15 minutes ago, Garethmallory said:

Is it at consistent times , are you running 5ghz (802.11a) or 2.4ghz (801.11b/g)

if you are 2.4ghz then do you have a faulty microwave being used in the vicinity as they run 2.4ghz at 800watts vs your WiFi running usually at 10 - 3 milliwatt so any WiFi gets killed if your microwave door doesn’t seal properly

Where is your router vs where is the client, and water pipes between source and destination,

likewise what manufacturer is the source router As there may be a near/far problem happening .. (think like very bright lighthouse being the router, but small torch with low batteries being the laptop.. you can see a bright light, but they cannot receive anything from you)

No, it just happens out of the blue, at anytime.

No idea if its 5ghz (802.11a) or 2.4ghz (801.11b/g) ?

Definitely not being interfered by a microwave though.

Router is on the landing of the apartment, quite close by.

Okay, thanks... next test ..

when they disappear from the laptop,  if you reboot the router (not the laptop yet) do they come back as well ?

Then 

just disable and re-enable the wireless (not reboot laptop yet) Do they come back as well ?

Then

Reboot Laptop . I guess they come back then as you have said

1 hour ago, Garethmallory said:

Okay, thanks... next test ..

when they disappear from the laptop,  if you reboot the router (not the laptop yet) do they come back as well ?

Then 

just disable and re-enable the wireless (not reboot laptop yet) Do they come back as well ?

Then

Reboot Laptop . I guess they come back then as you have said

I have no access to the apartments router.

But its not the just the apartments network connections that are disappearing, but everyone that I normally see, and I get there is no network connections.

If it threw up errors in the laptop or just didnt work at all, i would be saying it was a hardware issue with the wireless chipset, but as it is intermittent and solved by reboot that would make me think that it is something interfering with the interface between operating system and hardware, Win7 was usually pretty stable but either some software you have recently installed or updated is stealing interrupt time or Windows 7 has itself updated and support for your internal WLAN card has been compromised

You have a few options, some better than others

1)live with it, however unfortunately annoying

2)Rebuild laptop from zero and see what software you add that causes the issue

thats about it i'm afraid.

My laptop had a similar wireless problem. It would work with some wifi networks but not others. Fortunately I just returned to the U.S. and could get the AT&T guy to come out to look at their wifi router. He diagnosed the problem as a failing wireless card in my laptop and gave me a new card on a usb to override the bad card. Maybe there is a good hardware guy at Tuk.com or across the street from the big grocery store (I can't remember the name) on Pattaya Klang who could diagnose your problem.

The wife and I were very happy for 20 years, then we met.

You could reinstall the driver. I had a similiar problem. First I looked for a new driver, but it was already the newest.  So I just installed the same driver again, problem solved.

7 hours ago, cjtrader said:

My laptop had a similar wireless problem. It would work with some wifi networks but not others. Fortunately I just returned to the U.S. and could get the AT&T guy to come out to look at their wifi router. He diagnosed the problem as a failing wireless card in my laptop and gave me a new card on a usb to override the bad card. Maybe there is a good hardware guy at Tuk.com or across the street from the big grocery store (I can't remember the name) on Pattaya Klang who could diagnose your problem.

I did think about this, after doing a search online.

I just hate going to these Guys with an intermittent problem.

8 hours ago, cjtrader said:

wattana

any holes a goal

On 11/04/2019 at 09:57, Taa_Saparot said:

Yes.

Connections still do not return until I restart.

My best guess is your computer is getting clogged up with stuff....Run CC cleaner run Slim Cleaner clear  run Smart defrag clear browser. etc.....As your windows 7 gets older it needs to be cleaned more often.... A clogged up computer does crazy things.....

Buy a cheap USB wireless dongle and throw it in. If it stays connected consistently, then you know it is an internal component problem

If it floats, flies or fucks, RENT IT!!!!! "He who hesitates, masturbates"

5 hours ago, freedom42 said:

Buy a cheap USB wireless dongle and throw it in. 

I did yesterday, from TukCom.

Have not plugged it in yet, but have had no connection problems since I made this post  :rolleyes:

On 13/04/2019 at 02:22, freedom42 said:

Buy a cheap USB wireless dongle and throw it in. If it stays connected consistently, then you know it is an internal component problem

If it stays connected consistently then just keep using it. 

Archived