IGNORED

LK Residence or LK Metropole for 30 baht more per night

Ziplee

On ‎10‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 15:55, Ziplee said:

It's just down the street from LK Metro entrance, is that right?

Yes just like striderman said, and there is even a walkway that will take you the LK Metro without going out on Soi Diana.

18 hours ago, Ziplee said:

I have a question.

Is the Wi-Fi at LK Metropole good enough for a laptop?

Yes WiFi in each room as well as in the lobby area. I find the speed very acceptable.

10 hours ago, Ziplee said:

Problem is the Areca gets booked up fast. No rooms were available for both my upcoming trips. 

You're going to find that for a while. with the Areca Tower now closed for remodel of the rooms,

When I stayed there last month for Songkran, I had a hard time with my reservation for my return at the end of next month.

I had to make my reservations in the second building (Corona) and was told that the Areca building remodel would most likely last till the end of November and even with that, wouldn't allow me to make my Christmas/New Years in the Areca Tower.

LeoTex

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

37 minutes ago, LeoTex said:

You're going to find that for a while. with the Areca Tower now closed for remodel of the rooms,

Thanks, Leo. Since I'm just starting to roam the LK Metro area, I want to try some different hotels. August trip is booked, February trip (High Season)  I'm still exploring the options.

Opry de Place $50, Sawasdee Siam $29, Vogue $33, LK Residence $60.  Already booked Robin's Nest, but have Free Cancellation. A lot of research ahead...

4 hours ago, Ziplee said:

Thanks, Leo. Since I'm just starting to roam the LK Metro area, I want to try some different hotels. August trip is booked, February trip (High Season)  I'm still exploring the options.

Opry de Place $50, Sawasdee Siam $29, Vogue $33, LK Residence $60.  Already booked Robin's Nest, but have Free Cancellation. A lot of research ahead...

Others to consider in the area are Travelodge,  Centra Avenue, Centara Azure, 247, The Haven, Honey Inn, Acqua.

If you are considering Guesthouses try Boomerang, English Rose.

I have stayed in almost all of these. If you scroll down the threads in this section (or use the search facility), you will find a review of each establishment.

1 hour ago, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

Others to consider in the area are Travelodge,  Centra Avenue, Centara Azure, 247 Boutique, The Haven, Honey Inn, Acqua.

If you are considering guesthouses try Boomerang, English Rose.

Thanks, LW. I've read most of your reviews on these places. It has helped me out tremendously. Have you done a review on English Rose? I'm trying to figure out what rooms are on the lower floors with balcony. 

3 hours ago, Ziplee said:

Thanks, LW. I've read most of your reviews on these places. It has helped me out tremendously. Have you done a review on English Rose? I'm trying to figure out what rooms are on the lower floors with balcony. 

Thanks for the feedback mate....appreciated. Regarding all the hotels I listed, honestly they are all decent and I doubt you will be disappointed. Out of those, hard to pick the best one, I would just see if Agoda has one of them on a flash sale and go ahead and book it. The only one on that list that’s not got a pool is the haven.

If your interested in Guesthouses, English Rose is the only one on the list I haven’t stayed at. Mates of mine who have been on a bit of a tight budget have, they liked it. Alan the owner is a nice guy (and is a PA member), just email or PM him with any questions. I really like Boomerang, well worth checking out, stayed twice and thought good value. Another option nearby is Hideaway, eaten plenty of times there but never stayed...got a good rep though.

On 11/04/2019 at 04:36, Ziplee said:

Decided to play it safe with Metropole. I got a 60thb per night discount for having an Agoda account.1150thb per night, I can handle that.

Discount for having an account??? 

This might sound weird to some (thinking about breakfast when choosing a hotel) but I love me some good breakfast. how is the breakfast at metropole?

19 hours ago, jurahkek said:

This might sound weird to some (thinking about breakfast when choosing a hotel) but I love me some good breakfast. how is the breakfast at Metropole?

I like having hotel breakfast if I'm staying at a place for a short time. This way I dont have to go in search of food when I'm lazy in the morning. However, most hotels do not have a huge spread and the breakfast can get boring after just 2-3 days. Personally, I feel paying for breakfast is not a good deal if you're going to stay at a place for a good while. Your call though. 

9 minutes ago, masterslayer169 said:

I like having hotel breakfast if I'm staying at a place for a short time. This way I dont have to go in search of food when I'm lazy in the morning. However, most hotels do not have a huge spread and the breakfast can get boring after just 2-3 days. Personally, I feel paying for breakfast is not a good deal if you're going to stay at a place for a good while. Your call though. 

Ended up choosing LK The Empress with breakfast for a week for now. lets see.

• 5 months later...

I stayed at the LK Metropole in September/ October and would probably not stay again. The hotel and staff were OK, but it is in desperate need of refurbishment as it is really showing its age. I paid about $50 per night and for that money you can get a nicer room.

I did get two free breakfasts each day, which were OK, but most days I couldn’t get out of bed in time for breakfast.

I ended up staying end of August to beginning September. I paid around 40 usd a night. The TG’s thought it was nice. The location can’t be much better. Had breakfast every day. It was small for me but it was free.

I didn’t like getting in the bathtub to take a shower and the sink area was to small to leave anything on it. I would stay again for $40, just because of the location. More than $40 might be a different story.

Neither, Metropole dated, Residence building work many other quality hotels around try Areca, little bit more expensive but superb.

Archived