IGNORED

road works on second rd

striderman

yesterday i noticed near soi 8 the beginning of what will probably be lengthy road works. i suspect the number of lanes approaching the traffic lights at pattaya klang to be reduced leading to delay.

last night on a baht bus to soi post office we were obliged to get off and walk from the avani/ex marriott.

176251038_8april019(Custom).JPG.0901a325c3ad7a098b0daa61cc2706f6.JPG

Just now, Harry Brown said:

Is this part of the answer to  drainage to the beach maybe?

that rubber pipe is too small in diameter for water so best guess is for cables.

not gonna be a quick job

Agree, probably putting the overhead cables underground. Pic from last week of them pulling out and disassembling the drill.

46810529584_3bdc673dd1_b.jpg

16 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

Agree, probably putting the overhead cables underground. Pic from last week of them pulling out and disassembling the drill. .....

Good news in a way, as many of the views within the greater Pattaya area are obstructed by overhead cables. I wish they would consider this for the Dongtan Beach area over in Jomtien.

12 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

Agree, probably putting the overhead cables underground. //

You are right: cables.

It's part of a big project started last year: "The roads which over time will be included in the project here in Pattaya are as follows, North Pattaya, Central Pattaya, Sukhumvit, Pattaya Sai 1 as far as Bali Hai, Pattaya Sai 2 and 3, Soi Lengki and Soi Buakhao, First Stage South Pattaya and Second Stage South Pattaya."

I think North Rd, Central Rd and Sukhumvit Rd are done already.

Beach Rd also done, but I don't think they made it for Walking Street to Bali Hai. :unsure:

Now working on Second Rd and Third Rd   (from what I saw)

Then Soi Lengki and Soi Buakhao, and a nice chaos to come... :rolleyes:

And to finish, South Rd, not a wide road, with a massive chaos in all South Pattaya (or more) ! :wacko:

• 1 month later...

Over on 2nd Rd we see typical Thai lack of forethought at work. The trench that was dug to bury the overhead cables was filled in, then cemented over. But now they're back, breaking up the concrete cover to gain access to something they forgot to do.
P5290005.jpg

Archived