IGNORED

Electric Scooter for Rent

mryang

Please! If you are not interested, please refrain yourself from trolling this thread. Just go to a bar, have a beer and relax, Please :)

For those of you interested to RENT, I'm happy to answer all questions. You can always call me directly or add me on Whatsapp +66.905.863.863.

Electric Scooter for rent. Most spec in the picture.

You are always welcome for a testdrive beforing renting. Machine insurance included, meaning - If machine breaks / stops working for no apparent reason, you will get a new machine for the duration of your rental.

RENT 1 month: 2500B
RENT 1 day: 290B

If you have a current motorcycle rental and wants to add these to your line-up on a commission based agreement , contact me as well.

The main reason for these machines being equal or more expensive to rent than a Honda Click is because the longevity is approx 1/5th the life span of the Click, meaning - they last around 12-24 months depending on customer abuse. Technology wise, this is a fairly new concept and manufacturers are still learning how they ought to build them for longevity and portability, while the ICE Motorcycle has been developed slightly longer.

GENERAL INFO: You should not be above 90-100kg or taller than 185cm for this model (I will introduce other E-scooters far more capable of handling both weight and higher speed in the near future. If you are interested in a heavy duty machine, just contact me). In the night, you should wear a reflective traffic vest.

ADVANTAGES
No need for a driving license
Can park at places where a scooter can not
Can move where a scooter can not
Is considered a bicycle according to thai law, hence bicycle laws apply
Helmet is recommended but not law
Can be charged in the living room
Etc.

DISADVANTAGES
Low speed compared to a scooter
Not as forgiving to shitty surfaces
Suspension is fairly "hard"
Extremely slippery when wet
Front wheel drive
Visibility in the dark is shitty as well (hence the need for some kind of strobe light or vest)
Not good for longer distances as you get tired of standing (more than 5 km)
Small - not suited for tall or heavy or big-footed people (this is not for E-scooters in general but for this particular model)

Wish you all a happy day!

/Yang

1749771860_Voom-3scootersatfountain.thumb.jpg.8ed15f889853664c9d38ad9604aa13c5.jpg266817169_Voom-ElectricScooters-HaliPier-Group.thumb.jpg.c85bfd672694e6f8a7cb59e0e75d3b6f.jpg1287249206_NatatHilton.thumb.jpg.81b73631903dfcbbd45dc1cca9f29906.jpg1445579127_ElectricScooterTechnicalData.PNG.acb795a548ade73cc9829e7408100577.PNG

Edited by mryang
  • Like 3

Looks good. what is the penalty to the renter if stolen looks like that could be an issue with something this small.

JDM

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.

http://www.condopattaya-rent.com

16 hours ago, JAI DEE MAK said:

Looks good. what is the penalty to the renter if stolen looks like that could be an issue with something this small.

JDM

There is a small lock coming with it that will prevent the "accidental thief".
For theft, you report to the police. Then come back to us and we sort it out. There will be a penalty, but our insurance covers 75% so your premium is in the range of 5000.

In the future, there will be an electronic GPS lock, which means that anyone that will try to connect the machine will not be able to start the machine without password and failing the password will report the location to the owner. That will ofc not stop people to try, just like with iphones, but it might be possible to recover it.

One advantage with this size is that you can basically park it where you are or indoors. I also try to park in public places and not intentionally hide it.

Outstanding reply well done.

I was expecting the normal vague response that is normally given by those ( most not all ) that rent out bikes and cars.

JDM 

• Like 2

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.

http://www.condopattaya-rent.com

They are well cool.

tempting for the day but I don’t come till October 

13 hours ago, Tarpon said:

How does this type of vehicle handle the bad roads in Thailand? 

With the risk of being heavily biased - Not bad - Actually much better than I thought but must learn how to drive them for the initial stiffness to be adapted.

For the sake of science - I let 10 friends drive the Scooters around Soi Buakhaow, Second road, Beach road, Walking Street and back with little or no training from 10-50 years old and no one crashed.

Can you crash? Yes. But not because of the Scooters lack of driving ability but of the drivers lack of driving sense.

When the Scooters are new the suspension is hard. This will initially be experienced as harsh and stiff however, the feeling subsides with a couple of km of driving.

The best is to try it out. 1 million of these Scooters on the road in the world and many more people driving them currently, so it should be "ok".

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 07/04/2019 at 09:16, Tarpon said:

How does this type of vehicle handle the bad roads in Thailand? 

No doubt vendors say excellent but those tiny tires won't do well vs big dents. Probably rattle your teeth a lot. I'd go on a back soi and practice a fair bit before hitting any streets with traffic. 

Unless you're out of shape a bicycle would have more utility and you are more visible.

Edited by ricktoronto

On 26/05/2019 at 14:32, Jake.houston said:

So a 5K baht deductible if stolen?

Yes.

However, to get it stolen in daytime, is unlikely and in night time - it is not advisable to either drive it or park it.

• Like 1

On 26/05/2019 at 13:19, ricktoronto said:

No doubt vendors say excellent but those tiny tires won't do well vs big dents. Probably rattle your teeth a lot. I'd go on a back soi and practice a fair bit before hitting any streets with traffic. 

Unless you're out of shape a bicycle would have more utility and you are more visible.

Bicycles are great, I love them and you get a nice workout. In fact, I have been a daily commuter with a bicycle for years and quite obsessed with them frankly.

However, compared to an electric scooter, there are not many advantages with a bicycle for city commute. This will be clear once you have driven an electric scooter for a while.

1. The bicycle is unwieldly large and doesn't park ANYWHERE, go ANYWHERE or even carry around in a car or baht bus easily. It is not easy to carry up a bicycle to your condo or hotel for safe storage either.

2. In Thailand weather, riding a bicycle will make sure your arrival will be sweaty. This is of course not a problem per see, but can be uncomfortable if you go for movies, lunch or just a visit to the immigration office. I think this is also the reason why many people actually take car or motorbike wherever they go instead of for example walking a couple of kms.

3. The electric scooter easily manages 25km/h for at least 30km or more. To drive that fast on a bicycle that distance requires a lot of stamina (although again - as an exercise tool, it is excellent). From my simple observation of the falang audience in Pattaya, not many are really interested in doing that.

You are correct - There IS absolutely a small learning curve to drive on the unpredictable roads in Thailand, however - fully manageable. The electric scooter excels in some areas and lacks in others but compared to a bicycle for city commpute - there is no real contest.

Edited by mryang

3 hours ago, mryang said:

3. The electric scooter easily manages 25km/h for at least 30km or more. To drive that fast on a bicycle that distance requires a lot of stamina //

And doing that on an electric scooter requires superman power... :rolleyes:. Standing on a small board is not a natural long stay posture. Honestly, what is the longest ride you made with such scooter? Conclusions?

From my experience - and those of others publishing on the Internet - most people will begin to find driving a scooter rather uncomfortable as soon as the ride reaches just 10 or 15 minutes. Perfect for short rides (1-5 km when the road surface and the traffic are ok) but 30 or 20 km, no thank you :wink:

BTW, if I had to make 5-10 km to go work, I would use an electric assisted bicycle. Better choice IMHO.

5 hours ago, Oukiva said:

And doing that on an electric scooter requires superman power... :rolleyes:. Standing on a small board is not a natural long stay posture. Honestly, what is the longest ride you made with such scooter? Conclusions?

From my experience - and those of others publishing on the Internet - most people will begin to find driving a scooter rather uncomfortable as soon as the ride reaches just 10 or 15 minutes. Perfect for short rides (1-5 km when the road surface and the traffic are ok) but 30 or 20 km, no thank you :wink:

BTW, if I had to make 5-10 km to go work, I would use an electric assisted bicycle. Better choice IMHO.

You are correct - Electric scooter of this size is not recommended as standing for longer distances requires some leg strength as well. However, far less than bicycling the same distance and that was my main comparison.

The longest I have done on an electric scooter is Soi Buakhaow to Silverlake and back - more or less non stop. My idea is that to know the business, I have to know the machines.

Now - let's separate facts and opinions.

Facts - Electric Bicycle requires less physical energy than a bicycle.

Opinion - You don't like electric Scooters. Fair enough, and again - I absolutely love bicycles.

12 minutes ago, mryang said:

//

Opinion - You don't like electric Scooters. Fair enough, and again - I absolutely love bicycles.

Oh! Where did I say that? No, no, you misunderstood me (or maybe I wrote not clearly enough :unsure:).  My post was just a remark that - IMHO - long distances on Scooters are not for everyone. But as I said: Perfect for short rides. :)

I would not use them in Pattaya though :huh:. I think the traffic here is way too dangerous for such a small vehicle, and many defaults in the streets that small wheels really don't like. I would happily use them in a city with separated bicycle paths.

BTW, proof that I have nothing against small scooters:wink:

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Interesting. I haven't seen any e-scooter in Pattaya so far, and no e-scooter sharing system either (such as Lime, Bird, Grab etc...). I thought they were banned. As a matter of fact, it is just too dangerous because of the heavy trafic and bad roads. So the motorbike taxi and baht bus drivers can still make a living...

However it could be good solution for the future, if one day there are good roads in Pattaya. Just a wish...

Actually I’ve seen quite a few around don’t know if they are from this chap. It’s good idea just needs to catch on like it has in places like Germany where you can rent them on the street but the key there is that they are a really cheap alternative to use.