Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

BA for £378 but no baggage included

RussB

Just booked a direct BA flight from Heathrow on 24th April (returning on 8th May) for the very reasonable price of £378.  When I got to the payment stage there was a note saying ‘no baggage included’ and a chance to purchase an allowance of 23 kg for £50.  I have never used BA before for flights to Bangkok, mainly due to the very average reviews.  Can anyone with BA experience confirm that BA charge for all checked-in bags these days please?  Booked through Skyscanner agent Flysharp.

They sometimes charge for a hold-bag, on their most-heavily-discounted tickets, however the weight-limit on your carry-on/roll-on is still an amazing 23 kgs, plus a handbag/laptop-bag/personal-item.

https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/information/baggage-essentials/hand-baggage-allowances

So you might well be OK with carry-on only ?

10 minutes ago, semi-retired member said:

however the weight-limit on your carry-on/roll-on is still an amazing 23 kgs

Bugger me, that explains a lot. Could never figure out all the "I only travel with carry-on" people. From Aus it's normally 7kg

Yes, but even your 'personal-item' is (in theory) allowed to be up-to 23 kgs, the snag is fitting all that weight into the carry-on bag-sizes, which are still as-normal 1

Not only is it 23kg but the carryon bag size is much larger than the Jetstar, air Asia carry on baby size.

You might also be allowed a smaller (computer) bag not 2kg as with the cheapos but another 23kg.

BA seem to be dipping a toe into the budget market and a little toe at that.

IMHO great deal, unless the overheads fall on your head.

Out with the vacuum cleaner.

i have used BA several times, never had any problems, if the time suits you go for it, travel light as laundry is cheap as chips, unless you are taking golf clubs,555

Economy  on most airlines are much the same.At that price  for a direct flight  . i would go for it.

Have a good trip.

Did ba a few years ago,plane was getting on a bit and they don't give you snacks and the main meal were inedible,so maybe get some food to take on yourself but it's a great price £100 cheaper than Eva ,that pays for a lot of washing and toiletries

Stopped using BA years ago for their Bad Attitude, older planes and crap food but a direct flight for 378 poonds I'd put up with it and take some tupperware with food in. Just take a backpack with a pair of jeans/shorts/cargo's and socks and shreddies for 3 days, you'll be fine. :wink:

You're here now where you should have been all along.  :wink:

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Yes, good price for non-stop especially if you got no check in lugggage but you add £90 to the fare if you got check in luggage and then should you wish to book your seats it's another expense everything adds up with BA.

I’ve used BA once in the past to Bangkok before they moved to terminal 5.Probably would not use them again as I use national express to get to Heathrow central bus station(3 hour journey)which gives me quick access to terminals 2 and 3.Getting to terminal 5 adds an extra 30 minutes to the journey.

Archived