Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Luxury Pattaya Condo Rentals | Le Pub Soi Diamond | Pattaya Investigations | Beavers Pattaya | Pattaya News | Pattaya Bars | The Night Wish Group | Add your Text or Event here

LOTTELLEE WINNA

Rain, rain, go away....

Taa_Saparot
2 minutes ago, jocky king said:

What’s the fuss about the rain ... WTF .. if you can’t stand the rain , book yourselves into the nursery homes ... 555 . 

Sorry, should I have mentioned that its warm rain ?

paulvds

Personally I absolutely do not mind some rain as long as it's no downpour for hours.

Floods however I hate since you can not go anywhere.

Taa_Saparot

Rain on and off, with plenty of lightning for most of last night.

I wonder what time it will start today, I have some pre-Songkran errands to run.

udontony

All this talk about rain and where we are in Issan we desperately need some but we get nothing.   Bet when it comes we will have too much, never seems to be just right!

forcebwithu

Easy R-Con open sewer as of yesterday afternoon.

P4080002.jpg

forcebwithu

Looks like they're finally getting around to backfilling the open sewer.
P4240006.jpg

Assuming this is an access shaft to the below ground storm water line, why is it full of water. We haven't had rain for over a week, so I would expect the storm water line to have a minimum amount of water in it. Certainly not this much.
P4240005.jpg

Zeb
23 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

Looks like they're finally getting around to backfilling the open sewer.

Assuming this is an access shaft to the below ground storm water line, why is it full of water. We haven't had rain for over a week, so I would expect the storm water line to have a minimum amount of water in it. Certainly not this much.

Yep - water was continually running west for days towards Buakhow when they had the big hole open - and it hadn't been raining very much - if at all - then either.

So domestic water from apartments, shops etc ?

forcebwithu

Work continues on the Easy R-Con open sewer. Looks like they're doing this in stages. Section closest to Buakhao is now filled in and now they've dug out the next section.

P5010002.jpg

Taa_Saparot
5 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Work continues on the Easy R-Con open sewer. Looks like they're doing this in stages. Section closest to Buakhao is now filled in and now they've dug out the next section.

P5010002.jpg

Finished during May was the promise to nearby businesses.

silverfox53

IT makes me chukkle the criticisms of a recently small fishing village that quickly became a sin city, got built up so quickly and at a time where "tourism" wasn't really considered a viable business.  If anyone wants sensible western drainage then stand by for the whole of Patts with no exception being totally dug up to accommodate the downpours.  The centre of KL near the towers is a modern build and still floods shin deep outside Beach Club.   Walking in shit and dodging the green water snakes is part of Pattayas charm 55555

silverfox53

Re @FROST MEDIC999 page 1 abuse of LW's attendance at the fine venues of Bamboo & Redcar - I can only say "How very dare you" 555

yes, yes, it's a while back BUT I've been busy 555.   I shall however be passing thru said fine establishments in a week or so on a secretive mission - so can everyone else ft off to other bars to leave the old fox to his canals please with ladies I've known since they were 20 !!!! :P

Ru4Real
32 minutes ago, silverfox53 said:

with ladies I've known since they were 20 !!!! :P

Shit, I didn't know you are THAT old :D

silverfox53
8 hours ago, Ru4Real said:

Shit, I didn't know you are THAT old :D

I can proudly state I'm now banging my 3rd generation of Thai ladies ( or is it 4th ?? ) - shit, the Bamboo ladies introduce me to their daughters as "him your grand papa" 5555

forcebwithu

Easy R-Con open sewer progress as of this morning.

P5080004.jpg

Taa_Saparot
2 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Easy R-Con open sewer progress as of this morning.

Mrs. Taeng Moh is not happy at the disruption.

59624677_2403025419718378_58947052263461

60030449_2403025489718371_22693381279548

59623171_2403025503051703_15466269402894

59757066_2403025426385044_60132059810879

Barhop
13 minutes ago, Taa_Saparot said:

Oh...what disruption??? 555

Taa_Saparot
6 minutes ago, Barhop said:

Oh...what disruption??? 555

I wonder how much trade the R-Con has lost since this charade started?

forcebwithu
14 minutes ago, Taa_Saparot said:

Certainly understandable. This project has all the makings of a big cluster fck. It's been worked on in fits and starts. At the slow rate the work is going this project may deserve a thread of its own, like the Suk/Klang underpass project.

forcebwithu
Just now, Taa_Saparot said:

I wonder how much trade the R-Con has lost since this charade started?

I'm a regular at the R-Con and can't say I've noticed any drop off in business. Probably b/c the smell from the open pit isn't that bad, and what little there is doesn't carry into the bar. I wouldn't want to be a business owner on the soi where the work is taking place though.

Taa_Saparot
4 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

I'm a regular at the R-Con and can't say I've noticed any drop off in business. Probably b/c the smell from the open pit isn't that bad, and what little there is doesn't carry into the bar. I wouldn't want to be a business owner on the soi where the work is taking place though.

Definitely, during the digging of the hole, the noise was so bad, the R-Con had no customers some days.

forcebwithu
5 minutes ago, Taa_Saparot said:

Definitely, during the digging of the hole, the noise was so bad, the R-Con had no customers some days.

Good point about the noise. I frequent the bar in the early evening, after the work has stopped, so never experienced or considered the noise factor of the work.

forcebwithu

Easy R-Con open sewer concrete forms going in.

P5140004.jpg

Taa_Saparot

Today is the official start of the Rainy Season.

thumper64
On 02/04/2019 at 21:03, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

Just been on a long walk, from soi Honey up to Terminal 21 and back (via soi AR and Buhakow)....glad to say it’s all good now - dry as a bone. Just in time for me to get showered and changed into my ‘dancing shoes’ for tonight’s frivolities around town...wooohooo :Clap8:

How did Patts fare today with the rain? I heard it was a little wet this morning?

udontony

Rainy season started on time in our part of Issan, last night we had a big storm, loads of lightening and heavy rain.  It then rained steady all night abd is still raining now.  Really glad as we did need it, the ground was really dry and plants dying if not watered.   Hope the lovely beach in Pattaya managed to stand up to the storm!