Jump to content

Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Luxury Pattaya Condo Rentals | Le Pub Soi Diamond | Pattaya Investigations | Beavers Pattaya | Pattaya News | Pattaya Bars | The Night Wish Group | Add your Text or Event here

LOTTELLEE WINNA

Rain, rain, go away....

Recommended Posts

forcebwithu
15 hours ago, sherma said:

How has the new beach faired with the latest downpour. Any big rivers flowing from the soi’s

Plenty of pics of the damage in this topic.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Captain Dave

Had about six weeks without rain until the recent storms.

 

So they've done wonders for the garden. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gibsons1
18 hours ago, davidge said:

Friend sent me this an hour ago:

60279997-0B45-4A17-A027-70D08B4E7428.jpeg

Weirdest thing I've ever seen is people on motorcycles driving in flooded streets...  people here look at the weather forecast before they take their Harley's out, but I guess if that's all you own, you drive in a flooded street.

I've seen open sewers in Bangkok, there doesn't seem to be any infrastructure money to fix things.  It's just part of living in a Tropical area. 

That's as foreign to me as snow and ice would be foreign to them.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Atlas
15 hours ago, Leedsmick said:

 

It's a real shame... It was looking so good... 

But seriously how hard is to make drains where it naturally runs off... It's the same spots every major rain flow.... 

To be honest it's no different back home in Aus on the Gold and Sunshine coasts when we get the big swells and cyclones, the beaches erode and loose their sand, the councils promptly send shit loads of $$ to put the sand back, repeat often during storm season ! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
felix the cat

I'm astounded that after all these years the Pattaya city council hasn't planned-out a proper drainage system that works.(??) Now after spending millions of baht on widening the beach, it's now totally ruined...seriously :WTF1:

What sort of town planners/engineers do they working in Thailand??? You would think you'd fix the drainage system first before anything, but this is Thailand i suppose 55 :rolleyes:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Taa_Saparot

A very heavy shower passing through Pattaya at the moment, but should not last as long as yesterdays.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Barhop
19 hours ago, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

A few years ago, that was my ‘go to’ bar for a beer and a feed. Shame if it’s not how it was.

Me too, because it was the only bar near to Nova Gold.  Had said then to the Prop that Irish Bars had got a bit stale in the west..  Hope he didn't take my hint...  Anyway, the unique Thai "Irish" owner was a good bloke...  Had a few laughs...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LOTTELLEE WINNA
22 hours ago, FROST MEDIC999 said:

Bamboo Bar calling you LW :D

Mate, after sinking an ice cold cider in Le Pub, I ventured to Bamboo. Unlike my last visit in February, when the place was packed to the rafters with blokes,    it was quite the opposite- lots of ladies. Actually quite a few decent lookers (late 20s and early 30s). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Love_to_eat_Thai
On 02/04/2019 at 20:41, davidge said:

Friend sent me this an hour ago:

60279997-0B45-4A17-A027-70D08B4E7428.jpeg

Oh so glad I've left!  Stayed at the Arya last week, the rats living in the reception/restaurant area would have been driven upstairs!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
forcebwithu

Two pumps working to drain the Easy R-Con open sewer swimming pool. Hard to see in this pic, but 2nd pump is on the other end of the hole.
47534228581_225e2f5ce1_b.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Taa_Saparot
10 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

Two pumps working to drain the Easy R-Con open sewer swimming pool. Hard to see in this pic, but 2nd pump is on the other end of the hole.

Saw that this morning.

Yesterday the pumps had broken and they were trying to do it by hand

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FarangKiNok

How do Pratumnak Hill handle the floods? I would Imagine it would be dryer there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
vimto66

Well LW you stayed in an appropriately named hotel thats for sure!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ChiFlyer

Rough sledding. Here is a link to the Nation article.

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1093358-pattaya-devastated-by-storms-locals-and-tourists-suffer-as-roads-impassable/?utm_source=newsletter-20190404-1258&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=news

The GF is back home in the Kohn Kaen area. They got hammered really bad. There is a lot of property damage. The Nation article says that the forecast for the Summer is pretty bad up North. If you have friends in that area, you may want to give them a call.

Me? I am back in the US for a while, but will spend close to 8 months in Thailand this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
udontony
47 minutes ago, ChiFlyer said:

Rough sledding. Here is a link to the Nation article.

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1093358-pattaya-devastated-by-storms-locals-and-tourists-suffer-as-roads-impassable/?utm_source=newsletter-20190404-1258&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=news

The GF is back home in the Kohn Kaen area. They got hammered really bad. There is a lot of property damage. The Nation article says that the forecast for the Summer is pretty bad up North. If you have friends in that area, you may want to give them a call.

Me? I am back in the US for a while, but will spend close to 8 months in Thailand this year.

31st March we got caught in a big storm in Sakon Nakhon province on our way home.   Roads were flooded in minutes, then hail nearly as big as a one baht coin, the wind was so strong that trees were felled, one about 20ms in front of our car.   The thunder and lightening were almost continuous for about 15 minutes and then we drove out of it.   Roads were dry and dusty within a kilometer or so, absolutely no sign of any storm there.   These storms and the flooding can be very localised, this one certainly was.  At home where we really did need the rain we had nothing! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LOTTELLEE WINNA
1 hour ago, vimto66 said:

Well LW you stayed in an appropriately named hotel thats for sure!

The irony wasn’t lost on me either :D

BF656EBA-E264-42AF-A3CF-57EECA0E0FEF.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LOTTELLEE WINNA
18 minutes ago, udontony said:

31st March we got caught in a big storm in Sakon Nakhon province on our way home.   Roads were flooded in minutes, then hail nearly as big as a one baht coin, the wind was so strong that trees were felled, one about 20ms in front of our car.   The thunder and lightening were almost continuous for about 15 minutes and then we drove out of it.   Roads were dry and dusty within a kilometer or so, absolutely no sign of any storm there.   These storms and the flooding can be very localised, this one certainly was.  At home where we really did need the rain we had nothing! 

The localization of weather up here in Issan never fails to amaze me....exactly as you describe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
whtnot

Is there a spike in water borne diseases after rains like this? Wading in filthy water surely is not healthy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
striderman
Posted (edited)
Just now, whtnot said:

Is there a spike in water borne diseases after rains like this? Wading in filthy water surely is not healthy.

it's easier to stay put. you have to remember once the rain stops in 2/3 hrs the floods have mostly vanished. it's not like your stuck with floods for days on end.

the main reason to stay put is not the threat of water bourne disease it's the risk of falling down  a hole in the rd/pavement etc that you cannot see. i know i've done it maybe 14/15 years ago. my right leg looked like freddie kruger had been at it

Edited by striderman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ChiFlyer
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, udontony said:

.......

These storms and the flooding can be very localised, this one certainly was.  At home where we really did need the rain we had nothing! 

Yes, it is amazing. The area I described is about 35 km Southeast of KK. The storm took part of the roof off the family home. :sad:

No one was injured and that is always what counts the most.

Edited by ChiFlyer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Taa_Saparot
2 hours ago, ChiFlyer said:

The GF is back home in the Kohn Kaen area. They got hammered really bad. There is a lot of property damage. The Nation article says that the forecast for the Summer is pretty bad up North. If you have friends in that area, you may want to give them a call.

Yet article in the BKK Post today about 4 provinces that are worried about a drought this summer ... Phitsanulok, Sukhothai, Phichit, Kamphaeng Phet, and Nakhon Sawan. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jpmelville
Posted (edited)
Just now, FarangKiNok said:

How do Pratumnak Hill handle the floods? I would Imagine it would be dryer there.

No problems here in Pratamnak and same in Jomtien. There was a big pool of water near Rompho complex. Someones new BMW was stuck there in the middle of the road and I had to get round that pool when going to work but that was like 30 minutes after rain stopped. 1 hour after the rain water was gone.

Might be different story near the beach. I live rather high grounds in Pratamnak. Rain was much shorter on Tuesday here than in central Pattaya.

Edited by jpmelville

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Taa_Saparot

Quite a lot of heavy showers to the east of Pattaya at present.

Take your brolly with you, just in case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Taa_Saparot

FM, rain back on again, for the second time today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jocky king

What’s the fuss about the rain ... WTF .. if you can’t stand the rain , book yourselves into the nursery homes ... 555 . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.