Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Luxury Pattaya Condo Rentals | Le Pub Soi Diamond | Pattaya Investigations | Beavers Pattaya | Pattaya News | Pattaya Bars | The Night Wish Group | Add your Text or Event here

LOTTELLEE WINNA

Rain, rain, go away....

LOTTELLEE WINNA

So I am just finishing off my leisurely breakfast in the fabulous hotel Acqua, when I see from the window a flash of lightning and hear an enormous rumble of thunder. The heavens open open up and within minutes soi Honey begins to flood. An hour later, the sun is shining but tourists and locals alike are wading through the filthy water filled sois.

I love holidaying here, but I still scratch my head in amazement that issues as straightforward as drainage, resulting from only one hour’s rainfall can be so challenging. 

Will hit the hotel gym and hope the water recedes before tonight’s episode of Pattaya fun-filled frolics :Clap8:

4F73946F-218C-4430-8545-241AF85AB559.jpeg

AB2DEE9F-35FC-4AD6-A7F8-4C63DA59C599.jpeg

B08591C7-37B7-47BA-BC60-637C2124D9E2.jpeg

27943F22-D5F0-499F-BABA-9B04660D893D.jpeg

camhole

I’ve told my Pattaya rain stories many times back home. It rains roughly 300 days a year where I live. Ok, maybe a slight exaggeration. Rain storms in Thailand are something else. 45 minutes to an hour then bright and sunny the next minute. 

novatemp03

Fun to watch. Maybe it will eliminate some of the dust and pollen. Yes , the drains in pattaya don't seem to be able to keep up when it rains.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

keepitfun

I’m supposed to be on the ferry from Hua Hin this afternoon....might stay here.  The girls tell me it only rained once last month

striderman
Posted (edited)

it was a bad one as i lost sight of the waterfront tower in daytime.

south pattaya is flooded much worse than usual and even wat chaimongkron is under water. i've only seen that happen once before in 10 years.

the rest of pattaya will be ugly for the next 2/3 hrs

Edited by striderman

Geordie59
Posted (edited)

It is all a bit pathetic really. 
Problem is nobody sees a direct profit from investing in basic infrastructure except the contractor and the government. Once the budget has gone, like on the beach, there is nothing left in the pot.

Edited by Geordie59

davidge

Friend sent me this an hour ago:

60279997-0B45-4A17-A027-70D08B4E7428.jpeg

LOTTELLEE WINNA
Posted (edited)

Just been on a long walk, from soi Honey up to Terminal 21 and back (via soi AR and Buhakow)....glad to say it’s all good now - dry as a bone. Just in time for me to get showered and changed into my ‘dancing shoes’ for tonight’s frivolities around town...wooohooo :Clap8:

Edited by LOTTELLEE WINNA

FROST MEDIC999
1 minute ago, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

Just been on a long walk, from soi Honey up to Terminal 21 and back (via soi AR and Buhakow)....glad to say it’s all good now - dry as a bone. Just in time for me to get showered and changed into my ‘dancing shoes’ for tonight’s frivolities around town...wooohooo :Clap8:

Bamboo Bar calling you LW :D

Komando
6 minutes ago, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

"glad to say it’s all good now - dry as a bone."

Aint nobody told you?  Thai's don't -  'dry bones' - in Pattaya - they done jump on 'em instead!

forcebwithu

Had a fair bit of rain this afternoon. Looking down Soi 13 towards Buakhao.
40554511833_ddf9d12147_b.jpg

Looking back up Soi 13. I can think of better places to enjoy a drink.
33643606778_a255c7694d_b.jpg 

Buakhao view to the north
40554512813_a12a820b94_b.jpg

Buakhao view to the south
46796729414_bdebdbb447_b.jpg

The Easy R-Con open sewer. Talk about what lurks beneath murky waters. Walk past the green netting and you better be able to swim.
46796728894_c0cf12606b_b.jpg

Apparently there is a plan for fixing the open sewer.
40554512263_215e035568_b.jpg

46796728714_fe01dd2a38_b.jpg

LOTTELLEE WINNA
10 minutes ago, FROST MEDIC999 said:

Bamboo Bar calling you LW :D

Listen Mate, I’m one of the younger guys on here....tonight I will be hitting Insomnia and 808...if I don’t score in Bamboo first...pass me my Zimmer Frosty :Laugh1:

LOTTELLEE WINNA
Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Had a fair bit of rain this afternoon.

Top pics!

Edited by Ru4Real
Trimmed the quote of the pics - no need to make us all scroll so much for a one liner reply

FROST MEDIC999
3 minutes ago, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

Listen Mate, I’m one of the younger guys on here....tonight I will be hitting Insomnia and 808...if I don’t score in Bamboo first...pass me my Zimmer Frosty :Laugh1:

Thought if you failed in Bamboo Bar next stop would be Red Car 555

Never had you done as a 808 lad 

I'm beyond a Zimmer using a Electric chair now 555

Captain Cockblock

Scenes from outside the D hotel this morning... 

C0ECD05F-4956-4DCC-A68D-729CF09CF05E.thumb.jpeg.25fb5e9ae2dda7df95487dad9df2d5fb.jpeg001F6A3B-2D25-47B7-B001-6A7B40E19A13.thumb.jpeg.15f658ade2b90ccd3cd0278b29e2a701.jpeg

boingo

Maybe the big question is how did the Poon fare?

Imlooking4fun

Maybe washed away the new surface and that’s what’s blocking the drains :D

secret tom
47 minutes ago, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

i salute you...thats a good walk done the same my self but went to naklua  then soi ar...

petermik
7 hours ago, boingo said:

Maybe the big question is how did the Poon fare?

A water polo match was quickly arranged between farang and thai morcy guys.....farang,s struggled at first until the morcy were sussed out for standing on one and anothers shoulders....yes it was that deep.....a free rub and scrub in Amons place afterwards and all was good again........:LMFO:

LOTTELLEE WINNA
39 minutes ago, FROST MEDIC999 said:

Thought if you failed in Bamboo Bar next stop would be Red Car 555

Never had you done as a 808 lad 

I'm beyond a Zimmer using a Electric chair now 555

You got me bang to rights buddy...way to old for 808, to old for ‘gettin down with the kids’. You sussed me out - Bamboo and then Red Car. It’s a winning formula for us ‘gentlemen of a certain vintage’ :)

LOTTELLEE WINNA
14 minutes ago, secret tom said:

i salute you...thats a good walk done the same my self but went to naklua  then soi ar...

Yes mate, it’s a good walk for sure. Naklua is even further. I just love walking around town...good exercise and always lots to see.

Noticed today on soi AR that part of Jamesons Irish Bar has been turned into a pizza restaurant- when did that happen...anyone know?

secret tom
3 minutes ago, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

You got me bang to rights buddy...way to old for 808, to old for ‘gettin down with the kids’. You sussed me out - Bamboo and then Red Car. It’s a winning formula for us ‘gentlemen of a certain vintage’ :)

chuck in triangle bar....your on a winner  lol

secret tom
1 minute ago, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

Yes mate, it’s a good walk for sure. Naklua is even further. I just love walking around town...good exercise and always lots to see.

Noticed today on soi AR that part of Jamesons Irish Bar has been turned into a pizza restaurant- when did that happen...anyone know?

i walk every morning when i am there about 8 am start....do 2 hours ,,,them breakfast buffet in apex..that keeps me going all day....then light meal around 5 pm

as you say lots to see when walking  and girl number taking down the sois..lol

Straightyleg
6 minutes ago, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

They had started it early February,  unfortunately Jameson's has gone downhill and so has the food. 

LOTTELLEE WINNA
2 minutes ago, Straightyleg said:

They had started it early February,  unfortunately Jameson's has gone downhill and so has the food. 

A few years ago, that was my ‘go to’ bar for a beer and a feed. Shame if it’s not how it was.