IGNORED

Quoted 25000 baht for an OA retirement Visa

Tigers2017

I assume the online thing will only apply to the Embassy and Consulates will continue as before.

Doesn't really seem like a step forward for applicants though, just saves Embassy staff typing in details.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 23/04/2019 at 15:20, davidge said:

I assume the online thing will only apply to the Embassy and Consulates will continue as before.

Doesn't really seem like a step forward for applicants though, just saves Embassy staff typing in details.

Now been knocked back until June 15th,

http://www.thaiembassy.org/london/en/news/7512/98499-**e-visa-application-will-start-from-15-June-2019*.html

SexyFarangman, try Krungsri, interest on certificate of deposit 1.75  and now I think it went to 1.80 percent interest.  Kasikorn is the worst for interest on your deposit. This is for CD , mine is for 15 months.  Beachroadlover

6 hours ago, beachroadlover said:

SexyFarangman, try Krungsri, interest on certificate of deposit 1.75  and now I think it went to 1.80 percent interest.  Kasikorn is the worst for interest on your deposit. This is for CD , mine is for 15 months.  Beachroadlover

It was 1.85 last month.

It was 1.85 last month.
do they deduct tax on that automatically? they do for the MJD account

1 hour ago, Scuba+ said:
7 hours ago, usexpat46 said:
It was 1.85 last month.

do they deduct tax on that automatically? they do for the MJD account

Both Krungsri and Bangkok Bank deduct 15% of interest earned on my accounts.  The following year I do the paperwork and the Thailand Revenue Dept.refunds the tax withheld.

• 4 weeks later...
On 16/04/2019 at 11:39, GorGuy said:

I understand the confusion. Things are real simple now in Australia, with regard to police check certificate.

Submit online application

(This link will open the online application form, hosted by Australia Post.

Cost is still about $50 ish (if I remember correctly)

I got mine in January 2018 (last year). Applied on-line, got an email with a .pdf certificate, Instant response, no waiting.

All the best

On 20/04/2019 at 02:30, thumper64 said:

AFP check can take up to 20 working days. 

ok guys back again trying  to help a mate finally answer this question these is so much conflicting info on the net .

AS he is on time restraint for the process once in australia i have read some need 10 years of residential address.

have either of you actually got one for yourself for a thai visa application in OZ 

1) the thai visa application states

image.png.465abf99b2d7a5a24decd54455ca1ae7.png

i found these links all different.

Ask a silly question and i'll leave a silly answer  

Would have been easier if you googled it yourself.    

Thanks spelling and grammar checkers for being a ?%6433%#E

Quote if you expect a reply.  

THE THING ABOUT COMMON SENSE IS THAT IT'S THAT NOT COMMON                                                                        

IT'S NOT ROCKET SURGERY       quote from Anna Nicole Smith.

I have the correct info.just add your 100 points in ID to application and click these drop boxes.

$42 in 48 hours

image.thumb.png.1e9a2a913c3fa5355954ff882a78cf41.png

this is the link https://afpnationalpolicechecks.converga.com.au/ 

On 15/04/2019 at 23:42, talung66 said:

yes just found this on top of all the documents you need instructions 

image.thumb.png.f1dbcac5dc42303c7769ba231c79f224.png

I did all this in the USA before coming out.  It was NOT that big a deal.   At least not a big deal in Las Vegas.

I had sufficient funds in the USA, from my main bank account, to move the amount needed to be verified for the O-A into a completely separate account in the same bank.  This made it easy for me to show the funds were there for 6-months, and easy to get copies of only one account. 

1. Emailed the contact at the LA consulate to see if I needed to make an appointment to bring in my documents and payment for the O-A visa.   Got an appointment about three weeks out, (I needed to drop off the documents one morning, and pick up the VISA in passport next afternoon.)  So I booked a flight from LV to LA and an overnight hotel.

2. First I went to the doctor to get the health test required.

3. Then I went to get the police report clearance.   

4. Then made the copies of my passport and the other documents.

5. Finally, I made an appointment with the the notary at my USA bank.  I had been a long time customer of the bank and had sufficient funds, so the notarizing of each set was completed at no cost.

I completed the entire process in 2-weeks.

I received and O-A Visa (which states, the VISA allows you to spend one  year in the Kingdom from the date of entry into the Kingdom, so long as the entry date begins prior to the expiration date of the O-A Visa.  The Expiration date of the VISA is ONE YEAR from the DATE it was given to me at the Consulate in LA.   

Important, during the initial year in which the VISA had not expired I had unlimited multi-entry to Thailand for one year.  About 4-days before the VISA expiration date, I flew out of Thailand for Cambodia, and flew back the next day, and was given a stamp for a full year (but this additional year was NOT MULTI ENTRY.)

It works like this:   

In LA Consulate:  01-01-01 - received O-A VISA, with VISA expiration date  01-01-02.    Which means THIS VISA ALLOWS YOU TO REMAIN IN THAILAND, ONE YEAR FROM ENTRY DATE, PROVIDED THE ENTRY DATE OCCURS BEFORE  01-01-02.

Entered Thailand 05-01-01 - received a stamp to remain in Thailand until 04-01-02.

Left Thailand on plane 27-12-01 - Entered Cambodia. 

Flew back to Thailand 28-12-01, received a stamp to remain in Thailand until 27-12-02.

Effectively I got two years out of my O-A VISA.

On 28/05/2019 at 20:21, talung66 said:

have either of you actually got one for yourself for a thai visa application in OZ 

See post number 69

Yes, this was for a Thai Visa application in OZ, it was for me.

January 22nd 2018.

He can apply now from outside of OZ, as he has up to 3 months before it runs out. He will be sent the document via email, then his mind can be at rest.

25 minutes ago, GorGuy said:

See post number 69

Yes, this was for a Thai Visa application in OZ, it was for me.

January 22nd 2018.

He can apply now from outside of OZ, as he has up to 3 months before it runs out. He will be sent the document via email, then his mind can be at rest.

cheers we found the correct method that stats for visa below thanks 

On 29/05/2019 at 09:19, talung66 said:

I have the correct info.just add your 100 points in ID to application and click these drop boxes.

$42 in 48 hours

image.thumb.png.1e9a2a913c3fa5355954ff882a78cf41.png

this is the link https://afpnationalpolicechecks.converga.com.au/ 

Archived